What's The Point of Rooting/Modding Your Android?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Samsung Kies is not recognizing my Samsung Galaxy...

This rooting shyt harder than I thought.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
rooting your phone means that you become the administrator of your device. you are on expert level. So you risk bricking your phone etc...rooting your phone allows you to fully customize your phone to run custom roms and do other stuff

But i thought the argument for droid was that you cam customize it more out the box than the iphone? :russ:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you paid a lot of money for the phone, so you might as well use it to its full capabilities.
this

and if you use linux in any shape or form as one of your OSs and run it as admin...chance are yo want to enjoy the same login privilege (root) on your mobile device if you want to screw around with it.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
But i thought the argument for droid was that you cam customize it more out the box than the iphone? :russ:

overclocking and running custom roms :lawd:

can you chnage your 3gs into a 4s??? :birdman: and im speaking about hardware wise like overclocking and put all the new features into the phone/ Rooting allows me to run android 4.1 and it aint even drop yet :ahh:

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
Rooted my phone and I:

Deleted bloatware that was taken up space

Downloaded wifi tether and got my piff running through my IPAD

Backed up everything using Titanium and Nandroid

Customs rom and themes

:win:

Lil Wango

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA
Ive had the evo,evo 3D,and now evo lte,and have had every generation ipod touch and have never rooted or jail broken either,they do what i want them to:yeshrug: havnt really looked into it so I never been tempted to:leon:

How much better is the LTE than the EVO 3d?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I always root my shyt so I even forgot about tethering in non rooted versions... still not allowed ? :wtf: