What's the point of exchanging pictures?

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Yes, men are all the same.

Well the one I reference lives in another county and other than him approaching me online, I would have never been in his circle to meet him (SVP, Rhode Scholar, etc)

I think I am good at discernment, so it matters little online or in person. I think the benefit of online is I could meet someone from San Diego or Phoenix as opposed to waiting until I go out there and bumping into them.

Oh we are not together because he's been snipped so he's not willing to have any more children and that is a deal breaker.
Well, you could've met that dude at a bookstore, bar, church...

True. Can't knock long distance dating as I've done it myself with success. Personally, my expectations to smash sooner go up considering the money/time investment.

Understood.

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
Well, you could've met that dude at a bookstore, bar, church...

True. Can't knock long distance dating as I've done it myself with success. Personally, my expectations to smash sooner go up considering the money/time investment.

Understood.

Naw, I couldn't have because he's a fulltime soccer dad - our paths would have never crossed.

Of those places above, I would only date someone I met at a bookstore.

Wow, you expect to have sex? I dont put much thought into it, that's why I am always taken aback when people go on and on about how they have to have sex.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I could date online but not for an extended period of time. It would have to eventually go to phone conversations/text messages and then a meeting. That has to happen within a few months.
Months? Yeah, not for me.

If I were to date online, I'd expect initial attraction to lead to phone conversation immediately. And I'd expect some sort of date in a week or 2.

Is it a similar time frame if you met someone in person?

And I can't remember the last time I had a meaningful conversation via text. No way I could rely on it to get to know someone.

Why months? What's the hold up?

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Naw, I couldn't have because he's a fulltime soccer dad - our paths would have never crossed.

Of those places above, I would only date someone I met at a bookstore.

Wow, you expect to have sex? I dont put much thought into it, that's why I am always taken aback when people go on and on about how they have to have sex.
Ahhh, sounds like that didn't have a chance any way.

Why only a bookstore?

Depends who's spending and how much. If I'm flying in to see a woman and paying for a hotel, she's got maybe 2 trips.
That changes if she's doing the spending.

I'm sure you do put thought into it, just different thought. "I'm not sleeping with him on the 1st date" type of thing. Men & women have different concerns. If I'm paying for the 1st however many dates, or for flights & hotels, I have to be concious of what I'm spending to get what I want. As a women, if you like a dude, you may be concerned with a his perception of you. Or you may have a "rule" about how much time a man invest before you sleep with him.

When I meet a woman, dating is not the goal.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Months? Yeah, not for me.

If I were to date online, I'd expect initial attraction to lead to phone conversation immediately. And I'd expect some sort of date in a week or 2.

Is it a similar time frame if you met someone in person?

And I can't remember the last time I had a meaningful conversation via text. No way I could rely on it to get to know someone.

Why months? What's the hold up?

I think that's an adequate amount of time to get to know someone. Especially when it's done online, meeting too quick just sounds uncomfortable to me. I need to feel the person out and see their personality before a actual meeting can occur. That's just me tho. Plus it's not like we would be talking everyday. Maybe a couple of times a weeks.

@the bolded. What do you mean?

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
I wasn't aware I was mixed up with anyone. Ok though
You're overcomplicating things.

A poster directed a slight at you, when it should have been directed at me (OP)

You're putting too much thought into it, i was actually taking your side low-key.
*do not reply to this, dead*

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I think that's an adequate amount of time to get to know someone. Especially when it's done online, meeting too quick just sounds uncomfortable to me. I need to feel the person out and see their personality before a actual meeting can occur. That's just me tho. Plus it's not like we would be talking everyday. Maybe a couple of times a weeks.

@the bolded. What do you mean?
I feel you. Personally, I don't believe I can get to know someon much over the phone. None at all over text.

On the phone, all I'm learning is how good of a conversation you are. We can talk about what we may or may not have in common forever. I want to see these things in action. And I can find out how good of a conversation you are in person.

And texting? There's enough miscommunication on the phone. I don't pay text any mind, not from someone I'm getting to know any way.

The bolded was asking how does this time frame change, if at all, if you were to meet someone in person? Why?

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
Ahhh, sounds like that didn't have a chance any way.

Why only a bookstore?

Depends who's spending and how much. If I'm flying in to see a woman and paying for a hotel, she's got maybe 2 trips.
That changes if she's doing the spending.

I'm sure you do put thought into it, just different thought. "I'm not sleeping with him on the 1st date" type of thing. Men & women have different concerns. If I'm paying for the 1st however many dates, or for flights & hotels, I have to be concious of what I'm spending to get what I want. As a women, if you like a dude, you may be concerned with a his perception of you. Or you may have a "rule" about how much time a man invest before you sleep with him.

When I meet a woman, dating is not the goal.

Because the losers in the bar are the same ones in Church... Plus I'm a librarian's daughter, inclined towards intellectuals.

Yeah, i used to be, now I'm so self-consumed I couldnt begin to be anything to anyone, but the person that ignores them.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Because the losers in the bar are the same ones in Church... Plus I'm a librarian's daughter, inclined towards intellectuals.

Yeah, i used to be, now I'm so self-consumed I couldnt begin to be anything to anyone, but the person that ignores them.
The losers at bars & churches are the same losers in bookstores. And a dude online could be any of them. Either way, you won't know how intellectual someone is until you interact with them.

Do you go to bars or lounges? Do you go to bookstores? Does one say something about the other?

IMO, women create too many obstacles for themselves.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
You're overcomplicating things.

A poster directed a slight at you, when it should have been directed at me (OP)

You're putting too much thought into it, i was actually taking your side low-key.
*do not reply to this, dead*
I'm not putting to much thought into it I just had no clue what you were talking about.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The losers at bars & churches are the same losers in bookstores. And a dude online could be any of them. Either way, you won't know how intellectual someone is until you interact with them.

Do you go to bars or lounges? Do you go to bookstores? Does one say something about the other?

IMO, women create too many obstacles for themselves.

What a waste,

they get on the sites looking for mister perfect with these long azz lists of there likes and dislikes...

any meaningful relationship i have ever had it just happens, those sites are for a quick fukk and thats it....

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
What a waste,

they get on the sites looking for mister perfect with these long azz lists of there likes and dislikes...

any meaningful relationship i have ever had it just happens, those sites are for a quick fukk and thats it....
That's been your experience... The last time I used a dating site I snagged a COO:yeshrug:

I'm looking for the same perfection you seek. So don't begrudge me... lol

Daps
Reppin
The Beach

I have a unique perspective from alot of people I know, I blame it on being raised overseas - the things that are epiphanies are the obvious to me; so I don't think I'd find anyone I could really like at a bar, lounge or Church... In fact I just met someone at a jazzfest and he's a whore/ratchet chasing loser:ehh: