What's the point of exchanging pictures?

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
What a waste,

they get on the sites looking for mister perfect with these long azz lists of there likes and dislikes...

any meaningful relationship i have ever had it just happens, those sites are for a quick fukk and thats it....
I won't knock online dating as I know a few folks that made it work. I just know way more folks that did it conventionally.

It's the same people. The same men online looking for some ass are in the real world doing the same thing. Women have to sift through it either way.

What I don't get is why the methods are treated differently. An online dating site is only replacing the meeting place, not the interaction. I'm not understanding why one would meet someone then text & talk on the phone for an extended period of time before meeting up when they would probably be on a date a week later if they met that person in real life.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
...I don't think I'd find anyone I could really like at a bar, lounge or Church... In fact I just met someone at a jazzfest and he's a whore/ratchet chasing loser:ehh:
Why? What is it about these social places that turns you off? COOs hang out & praise the lord too.

I guaranty there were decent men at that jazz fest. You just met the wrong one. I'm betting you're not batting 1.000 online either.

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
I won't knock online dating as I know a few folks that made it work. I just know way more folks that did it conventionally.

It's the same people. The same men online looking for some ass are in the real world doing the same thing. Women have to sift through it either way.

What I don't get is why the methods are treated differently. An online dating site is only replacing the meeting place, not the interaction. I'm not understanding why one would meet someone then text & talk on the phone for an extended period of time before meeting up when they would probably be on a date a week later if they met that person in real life.

Because people like to feel superior in some aspect by saying they'd never or wouldn't have to stoop as low. Baloney

The exact same thing, just employing technology.

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
Why? What is it about these social places that turns you off? COOs hang out & praise the lord too.

I guaranty there were decent men at that jazz fest. You just met the wrong one. I'm betting you're not batting 1.000 online either.

Nothing about specific venues.

More about my perception of people. There were probably a kazillion, however I was there to celebrate my birthday, previous graduation, acceptance to nursing school and a host of other saved-up reasons. So I came cute, for me not for them. Personally manicured/designed my own nails for the 2 day event - that's how special it was to me. Got there, enjoyed the music, the weather was perfect, etc. Had no plans to care about meeting anyone, met him and he's a dirty barber/whore.

Additionally, I worked at a job for 6 months that forever changed my view of men.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Nothing about specific venues.

More about my perception of people. There were probably a kazillion, however I was there to celebrate my birthday, previous graduation, acceptance to nursing school and a host of other saved-up reasons. So I came cute, for me not for them. Personally manicured/designed my own nails for the 2 day event - that's how special it was to me. Got there, enjoyed the music, the weather was perfect, etc. Had no plans to care about meeting anyone, met him and he's a dirty barber/whore.

Additionally, I worked at a job for 6 months that forever changed my view of men.
How does your perception of men relate to said venues?

Do you have bad experiences meeting men at those types of places? Is your success rate online or at other acceptable places so much greater that you can atribute it to the meeting place?

What about that job changed your perspective of men? Did it have anything to do with online vs traditional social settings?

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
How does your perception of men relate to said venues?

Do you have bad experiences meeting men at those types of places? Is your success rate online or at other acceptable places so much greater that you can atribute it to the meeting place?

What about that job changed your perspective of men? Did it have anything to do with online vs traditional social settings?
It is a meatmarket for them, which is fine. I was there to drink and enjoy music.

The venues and the men aren't bad.

I hadn't utilized either online or the venues as of late, that hasn't affected my perception - it was the job I had.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you. Personally, I don't believe I can get to know someon much over the phone. None at all over text.

On the phone, all I'm learning is how good of a conversation you are. We can talk about what we may or may not have in common forever. I want to see these things in action. And I can find out how good of a conversation you are in person.

And texting? There's enough miscommunication on the phone. I don't pay text any mind, not from someone I'm getting to know any way.

The bolded was asking how does this time frame change, if at all, if you were to meet someone in person? Why?

Texting is cool after you've talked to them and you're just exchanging pleasantries throughout the day. Actual long conversations are a no no through texts.

If I were to meet them in person, I guess it would change in that I would go out with them sooner. Probably within a couple of weeks of first meeting them and after talking on the phone a few times. It changes because the way we met is more "normal" and I know what the person actually looks like versus a picture. Ususlly the attraction is higher during a face to face meeting versus seeing a pic online and thus i would probably want to see them sooner.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
It is a meatmarket for them, which is fine. I was there to drink and enjoy music.

The venues and the men aren't bad.

I hadn't utilized either online or the venues as of late, that hasn't affected my perception - it was the job I had.
Everything is a meat market for men. If you can't navigate through it...

Relationships exist, so men & women are ending up at the same place. The route we wish to take is just different.

We enjoy getting laid until we find a women we want to settle down with.

Y'all enjoy being pursued & taken out until you find a man you want to settle down with.

Somehow, we're meeting in the middle. I remember you saying you had a nice body a page or 2 back. The odds of you finding a man that's not looking to smash are slim to none. I hope that's not getting in the way, especially since I'm sure you enjoy sleeping with men.

Ohhhhhh @ AIDS agency. I can see how that would change things, but you can't live scared.