What's the most c00nish thing you did before you got your wake up call?

thatdude954

All Star
Daps
Let a white kid say nikka to refer to his friend. (Never called me one)
I let it slide cuz he used to give me a ride to school and the bus stop.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I was talking to a cac and he goes you know if it wasn't for us and slavery you'd be living in a hut playing with your pet lion.........:lolbron::lolbron:
And I say....

:lolbron::lolbron: dang man you right, thanks for the rescue........

:mjcry: ancestors rolled over in their graves
E4spLzG.gif

thatdude954

All Star
Daps
I was gonna write an essay about how white people were the true victims of slavery
My history teacher gave me the :whoa:

I was talking to a cac and he goes you know if it wasn't for us and slavery you'd be living in a hut playing with your pet lion.........:lolbron::lolbron:
And I say....

:lolbron::lolbron: dang man you right, thanks for the rescue........

:mjcry: ancestors rolled over in their graves
Idk if I should dap or neg

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
I used to take pride in being considered an "Oreo" and the fact that I "wasn't like other blacks because I talked white." And I loved it when people would ask if I was mixed :snoop:

I had to work through a lot of internalized racism, and prejudice I had about my own people. Back then I think I did think that being culturally "white" or "other" was better than being "just black".

but I have since ascended from my demonic ways :blessed:

edit: honestly, Ive never really had a defining "wake up call" moment. I changed because I was unhappy and unsatisfied with myself. Reading books about our history, our people, people like Baldwin & Audre Lorde really opened my eyes. Listening to our music, and making friends with other black people (both irl and places like black tumblr, twitter, ect) people similar to myself is what made me "wake up" so to speak.

Last edited:

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
I used to take pride in being considered an "Oreo" and the fact that I "wasn't like other blacks because I talked white." And I loved it when people would ask if I was mixed :snoop:

I had to work through a lot of internalized racism, and prejudice I had about my own people. Back then I think I did think that being culturally "white" or "other" was better than being "just black".

but I have since ascended from my demonic ways :blessed:

edit: honestly, Ive never really had a defining "wake up call" moment. I changed because I was unhappy and unsatisfied with myself. Reading books about our history, our people, people like Baldwin & Audre Lorde really opened my eyes. Listening to our older music, and making friends with other black people (both irl and places like black tumblr, twitter, ect) similar to myself is what made me "wake up" so to speak.

i'd rep you if i could

glad you found your way sista:blessed:

love thy black self:wow: