What’s the biggest scandal that happened at your church?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Yup
That’s why I left the church years ago, and that’s before I became an agnostic.

I never got this line of thinking.

If you work for an employer and you don't fit in with the employees or gel with the company culture, you don't leave and not ever work again because of your bad experiences.

You find another organization that complements you. Because you need a paycheck.

We need spirituality and we need community.

And the basis of Christianity is NOT an individual spirituality (idolatry) but a corporal spiritually (the church).

There are literally thousands of Christian churches for every taste and sensibility out there. Is it that you don't want to put in the work to find what's the right fit for you?

You also have to remember, the church you grew up in was your parents or grandparents decision. If they had you in a trifling church, the blame should be put on them, not on Christianity itself.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never got this line of thinking.

If you work for an employer and you don't fit in with the employees or gel with the company culture, you don't leave and not ever work again because of your bad experiences.

You find another organization that complements you. Because you need a paycheck.

We need spirituality and we need community.

And the basis of Christianity is NOT an individual spirituality (idolatry) but a corporal spiritually (the church).

There are literally thousands of Christian churches for every taste and sensibility out there. Is it that you don't want to put in the work to find what's the right fit for you?

You also have to remember, the church you grew up in was your parents or grandparents decision. If they had you in a trifling church, the blame should be put on them, not on Christianity itself.
I feel what you’re saying, but check this out what if I became a better person when I became an agnostic.
What’s wrong with what I believe in now?
I never got why people would use what you believe in to judge you as a person.
I work with John ; John might be a Scientologist; I might think John is crazy as hell, but as long as he minds his business and leaves me alone I don’t care what John believes :yeshrug:
I know that was long winded reply, but religion is a complex issue.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I feel what you’re saying, but check this out what if I became a better person when I became an agnostic.
What’s wrong with what I believe in now?
I never got why people would use what you believe in to judge you as a person.
I work with John ; John might be a Scientologist; I might think John is crazy as hell, but as long as he minds his business and leaves me alone I don’t care what John believes :yeshrug:
I know that was long winded reply, but religion is a complex issue.

I have two thoughts on this.

The secular side of me respects it. And honestly, you have to do what you think makes you happy and gives you mental peace in this life. If that means divesting from religion, which can be extremely toxic, I support you.

On the other side, as someone that has tried/trying to develop a deep spiritual inner well within the framework of christianity, what I understand christianity to say about human nature is that we are all deeply sinful to our very core. Nothing at all is good. And that there is no attainment of "better personhood" without being in union w/ God and w/ our fellow man. A communion that unifies all creation as one.

I only include this perspective because you say you are a former christian.

But otherwise, what you say is fair.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have two thoughts on this.

The secular side of me respects it. And honestly, you have to do what you think makes you happy and gives you mental peace in this life. If that means divesting from religion, which can be extremely toxic, I support you.

On the other side, as someone that has tried/trying to develop a deep spiritual inner well within the framework of christianity, what I understand christianity to say about human nature is that we are all deeply sinful to our very core. Nothing at all is good. And that there is no attainment of "better personhood" without being in union w/ God and w/ our fellow man. A communion that unifies all creation as one.

I only include this perspective because you say you are a former christian.

But otherwise, what you say is fair.
Dap and rep

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nothing crazy other than the pastor at my moms church was trying to get his son a regular check from the church for doing nothing because his son went away to college and ended up getting some chick pregnant and dropped out :heh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
In Sunday school one of the kids straight up said they didn't believe in God. No pun but all hell broke loose. All the teacher stopped what they were doing started speaking in tongues and circle-praying around breh, they even went and got the assistant pastor DURING church to join the prayer :wtf: and they told the other kids to join in to pray for the kid to be saved
Well that kid's parents got big mad when they found out and threatened to beat the sunday school teachers ass, sue the church, or both

:laff:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Breh stole $50-60k over the course of years. And this was a small church. Less than 100 people, we didn't even have Deacons or Elders

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Wife of the Sunday School teacher faked her kidnapping, when she got found out she fled the state

ironically enough one year to the day she bounced she ended up dying in a car accident.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Transfer of power politics.

I love the churches I grew up in and my late Pastors. I tuned the nonsense out and chalked it up to politics existing in every organization.