What’s the biggest scandal that happened at your church?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
When they let in darkskins.

Church was wall to wall this back in the day...

6a0112791cb10528a401538e15f88a970b-550wi

6a0112791cb10528a4015431e926f0970c-600wi

Whg2hba.jpg

@Barnett114 I bet this Washington Park is unrecognizable.

When my grandma came up north she wasn't allowed to join certain BLACK churches cause she was too dark. She like light brown which is wild cause she was probably use to privilege down south. She came up here and them real light skin members were like :whoa:
The idea of CHURCHES having a paper bag test during the civil rights era is just wild to me

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
The lead pastor (who was married) had an affair with the youth pastor’s wife. The youth pastor and his wife tried to reconcile, I saw them at service a month or two after the fact. During a worship song , the wife ran out of the chapel crying, I’m assuming due to shame.

The youth pastor and wife moved out of the state to try to start over, but they ended up divorcing, they had two small children too.:francis:

I’m pretty sure the whole situation caused the youth pastor to leave the religion. Last I checked he decided to enlist in the Army.

Funny thing is, after all this time I still remember going to the youth pastor’s house for an event, and while playing Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, his wife remarked that Wonder Woman was dressed like a slut. :skip:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When my grandma came up north she wasn't allowed to join certain BLACK churches cause she was too dark. She like light brown which is wild cause she was probably use to privilege down south. She came up here and them real light skin members were like :whoa:
The idea of CHURCHES having a paper bag test during the civil rights era is just wild to me
Damn that’s crazy

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of our deacons was accused of child molestation because he used to always take kids without fathers in the house and mentor them.
I know for fact that was a lie because I was one of those kids.
The man never did anything foul in my presence.
The only thing he was guilty of was being corny, but other than that he was a stand up guy.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
sunday school teacher wanted to take to on a trip, but the pastor didn't agree with using the funds that way (probably wanted to line his pockets). There were lots of jabs and subtle hits goin on that i was kinda aware of as a kid, and it even got to the point where we had the trip scheduled and everyone packed, but the pastor caught wind of it and cancelled it last minute the day before. All the kids were disappointed.

The following sunday, there was a faceoff between them in front of the whole church. They settled the beef on full display :ohhh:. sunday school teach was the angel and even presented with smiles to appear nice (although she really was nice) and the pastor was the one yellin and mad like the devil.

Pastor ended up winning although sunday school teacher was the crowd favorite. she ended up leaving that church :mjcry:

Loken

All Star
Daps
not really my official church but i went to a catholic school an they made us go to this church right across the street from us

an this one priest we had i allll ways knew something was up with him because he was just off to me like you could look at dude an be like yea he aint right

anyway they caught him with some little boy in a car on a dead end road
an what was crazy about the shyt to me was the road they caught him on had this gymnastics gym we used to bring my niece to so i knew exactly where it was :francis:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
My cousin who is a little special sung a song in church one day. The song was sitting up in my room:skip: We was all like 11-12 at the time. Me her sister and my other cousin was in that bytch rolling. We was like why did y’all let her sing a solo:mjlol: Till this day when I hear that song I bust out laughing. Then to top it off, we went over some people house to eat. And we in the kitchen eating and the lady who house we at ask us how the food was and my cousin says good, but the spaghetti is nasty:hhh: The lady looking like :beli: I don’t think she knew my cuz was a little different
Idk why that song choice is killing me :deadmanny:

invalid

Banned
Daps

Ironically, the colorism in the north was brought up by fellow migrants from the south via the Great Migration.

A great majority of those folks in the pictures, their people were from Mississippi.

Southern migrants, because of their sheer numbers, were able to mostly wipe out the culture of the native blacks in their new cities when they brought up their southern culture with them.

Because it's been noted that, at least in my city, many of the folks that had all the power were a more mixed group before the southern migrants came up. And then they wiped all that out.

I'm not gone lie. When they started accepting all hues, half the membership left. :mjlol:

Evil m'fers.

But I will say, our church was a church of the high respectability so we didn't have all this other fukk shyt and sexual perversion going on that you see mentioned in all these other black churches.

If it was, it never came out and went to the grave.