What's the better trip? Philly or Washington DC? School me

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I’m not telling him to. You’re the one sitting here acting like if he goes to Philly he has to have one as if it’s not available in Canada. I pointed out that that shyt is available in Toronto, it’s only 500 miles away, why wouldn’t Toronto have cheesesteaks?

You need to re/read our exchange. You keep hyping up needing to try what a city is known for vs simple hitting the great restaurants
Im sure he can get one in Canada but they prolly do some weird shyt like actually calling them a Philly cheesesteak
:heh:

And I’m not against hitting up a great restaurant at all. But I love all different kinds of food so I like to eat the cuisine certain areas are famous for

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
They are. Stop it, they are available in every city. Having an “authentic” one in Philly is not amazing, it quite literally is to say you did it, I actually think real Philly cheesesteaks are trash. You’re not missing anything if you go to Philly and don’t have one.

Edit: dude lives in Toronto, not the North Dakota of Canada. You act like this shyt isn’t available in a city less than 500 miles away, yet we have them here in California 1500 miles away :dead:
Cap. Cheesesteaks are trash anywhere else.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Ad yet nothing contributed. I’ve been to Philly, I have not been to DC. Of course DC seems like the better spot, but as an example, Toronto is the biggest city in Canada but boring as fukk and I’d suggest checking out other cities in Canada over it. So, checking to see if DC is similar.
give us more to work with in terms of your interests and preferences

How do you want to move around? will you be renting a car or prefer everything walking distance or comfortable with public transit?

What type of traveler are you? kick back at a bar and people watch type? stay in downtown? want any type of nature type shyt?

what type of food do you like? what about your spouse? is it just you and the Mrs. or you brining rugrats along too so you need kid friendly ativities?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You gonna feel how you feel about what you grew up with. Cheesesteaks in Philly were trash and 100% not on my list of foods to eat after I tried about 4-5 spots my first few months there.
cheesesteaks aren't trash. they taste good af but fall under that comfort food bucket like soul food. tastes good but unhealthy af so you can only eat it few times a year after you turn 30

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Cheesesteaks in Philly are like a Chopped Cheese in BK/NYC.

Nice to stay you had it for the “local feel” but there are far better things in both cities to try.

A lot of restauranteurs start their concepts in Baltimore and Philly before heading up to NYC. DC’s food scene is more about the aesthetics to be honest. Some good spots but not in relation to the price/ambience.

If you like Italian, Philly has some amazing spots.

Last edited:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
DC easily. Went to Philly for the first time last month and I wasn't impressed

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
cheesesteaks aren't trash. they taste good af but fall under that comfort food bucket like soul food. tastes good but unhealthy af so you can only eat it few times a year after you turn 30
No, I said what I said. I did not like the cheesesteaks in Philly. Had nothing to do with the health level

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
that city is the place you day trip to, not stay.
This applies to Oakland, too 🤣 Baltimore is kinda the East Coast version of Oakland. You're not wrong about Baltimore though, fam inserted Baltimore into this thread 🤣 we not deliberating between Philly and DC and choosing fukking Baltimore 😂...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This applies to Oakland, too 🤣 Baltimore is kinda the East Coast version of Oakland. You're not wrong about Baltimore though, fam inserted Baltimore into this thread 🤣 we not deliberating between Philly and DC and choosing fukking Baltimore 😂...
Not sure why you trying to bring Oakland into this when you’d probably advocate for someone to skip the Bay Area and go to Sac. But no, I wouldn’t tell someone coming from Canada to skip staying in SF and spending most their time there to stay in Oakland. Oakland isn’t a tourist destination, most cities aren’t.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Not sure why you trying to bring Oakland into this when you’d probably advocate for someone to skip the Bay Area and go to Sac. But no, I wouldn’t tell someone coming from Canada to skip staying in SF and spending most their time there to stay in Oakland. Oakland isn’t a tourist destination, most cities aren’t.
I mean yall in a thread talking about Baltimore which ain't what homeboy who started thread was asking about so everywhere is fair game 😂 I agree with you on Baltimore, I'm just saying Oakland the same type place...