What's the better trip? Philly or Washington DC? School me

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
If you're looking for touristy, DC alone for the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Of course you have monuments and other museums, but I 've heard people can spend a full 8 hour shift just going the history in that museum. DC has a decent nightlife, but it's expensive. Philly is really good too, but if you're married, I would say DC. I don't know your budget, but you could definitely do both if you have time.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
As some thats been to both...DC by a wide margin.

Philadelphia has a wondeful museum tho very underrated and food is good even the white people know how to cook decent. Wasn't to impressed with DC cuisine.But in terms of things to actually do and see its DC.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Ad yet nothing contributed. I’ve been to Philly, I have not been to DC. Of course DC seems like the better spot, but as an example, Toronto is the biggest city in Canada but boring as fukk and I’d suggest checking out other cities in Canada over it. So, checking to see if DC is similar.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Ad yet nothing contributed. I’ve been to Philly, I have not been to DC. Of course DC is the bigger city but besides the obvious what is there to do there? What are the attractions.

Ask about Toronto and I’ll provide all the details. Y’all not being hospitable.
Philly is bigger than DC and has damn near double the people. Philly is basically a bigger version of Baltimore with less good food and the harbor. Both citites have a ton of historical shyt tho but I feel like DC has the better museums. The nite life in DC is better too. Both cities have terrible parking and traffic tho. Especially DC which is also hard to navigate if you aren’t from there

I say all this to say. Stay in the better city of the three. Baltimore. And take day trips to the other places
:heh:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As some thats been to both...DC by a wide margin.

Philadelphia has a wondeful museum tho very underrated and food is good even the white people know how to cook decent. Wasn't to impressed with DC cuisine.But in terms of things to actually do and see its DC.

See? This is important. I like checking out the restos. I felt the food in Boston crappy for a big city. Philly food was good from what I remember.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Philly is bigger than DC and has damn near double the people. Philly is basically a bigger version of Baltimore with less good food and the harbor. Both citites have a ton of historical shyt tho but I feel like DC has the better museums. The nite life in DC is better too. Both cities have terrible parking and traffic tho. Especially DC which is also hard to navigate if you aren’t from there

I say all this to say. Stay in the better city of the three. Baltimore. And take day trips to the other places
:heh:

DC metro is actually bigger. At least population wise. I heard Baltimore is terrible. If you’re saying it’s similar to Philly then bakes more isn’t too bad. Haven’t been to Philly in a while so maybe it has changed. I remember king of Prussia, hoagies and cheesesteaks everywhere and university city. Not to mention brehs with beards

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
DC metro is actually bigger. At least population wise. I heard Baltimore is terrible. If you’re saying it’s similar to Philly then bakes more isn’t too bad. Haven’t been to Philly in a while so maybe it has changed. I remember king of Prussia, hoagies and cheesesteaks everywhere and university city. Not to mention brehs with beards
Yea you right. DC metro has more people. And there’s actually dope shyt to do in spots like Alexandria and like Silver Spring and Bethesda/Chevy Chase. But if you go to DC I doubt you visit those places

Baltimore ain’t terrible but it definitely has a bad reputation. Deservedly so. It got better food than both cities tho. Especially seafood. shyt you could prolly get a better cheesesteak here than in Philly too

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea you right. DC metro has more people. And there’s actually dope shyt to do in spots like Alexandria and like Silver Spring and Bethesda/Chevy Chase. But if you go to DC I doubt you visit those places

Baltimore ain’t terrible but it definitely has a bad reputation. Deservedly so. It got better food than both cities tho. Especially seafood. shyt you could prolly get a better cheesesteak here than in Philly too
One thing I noticed about Baltimore is the waterfront. There’s some good potential there.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
One thing I noticed about Baltimore is the waterfront. There’s some good potential there.
To really answer your question I’d pick DC over Philly. There’s way more to do and a lot of it is free. You go to Philly once you get a cheesesteak, see the Liberty Bell and run up the Rocky steps there’s not much else to do. But staying in Baltimore and using the train to take day trips to both ain’t a bad idea at all and would prolly be cheaper and more convenient

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Baltimore is tied with Philly IMO for food, but it ain’t worth skipping either city for lol. Baltimore is still pretty trash outside the harbor lol

Edit: @JLova dont listen to this Homer about staying in Baltimore and day tripping from there. Baltimore is Baltimore…that city is the place you day trip to, not stay. And Philly has way more than cheesesteaks. Lots of good sit down restaurants

Edit 2: and if you want waterfront, DC has waterfront in Georgetown and SW DC, plus the national harbor is about 15-20 mins south of DC, lots of restaurants and the MGM if you wanna gamble

Last edited: