Whats the appeal of the soulsbourne genre?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
nioh is cool but its repetitive and cheesy on anyhing beyond ur first play thru. I played the shyt out of it dont get me wrong but trying to the do the underworld and depths with some builds is damn near impossible.

souls is simpler but its more finely tuned where u can clear new game plus 8 and shyt with anything…

Nvm nioh story and music pales in comparison.

Actually I meant specifically nioh 2. first nier was terrible:mjgrin:

Also, you meant Nioh here, foo!

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Soulsbourne games are simply art. No other series of games has the formula or aesthetic like FromSoft. Only games now a days I'm willing to pay that $60 day 1 if need be.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I honestly hate Nioh’s loot system and the enemy variety sucks

my nikka the amount of hours I spent trying to farm the high end graces. Maddening.

then u find out purity builds the only ones that are decent in higher levels unless you want to go full on cheese.

Game is cool for a first playthru but its flaws are glaring the more u play whereaways souls games age like wine :wow:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
nioh is cool but its repetitive and cheesy on anyhing beyond ur first play thru. I played the shyt out of it dont get me wrong but trying to the do the underworld and depths with some builds is damn near impossible.

But...the From games are even worse. There's nothing in them games to keep me wanting to play. Nioh's combat system alone keeps me engaged. Then there's the gear aspect. shyt, and enemies get different movesets in the later difficulties. Hell, I've been playing Nioh/Nioh 2 for like what, 4 years straight? There's nothing else out there that compares. Why would I wanna roll my way through more of the same sludge of them other games?

souls is simpler but its more finely tuned where u can clear new game plus 8 and shyt with anything…

So basically they're easier. Agreed lol. To be fair, I can see that as being the appeal to most of it's fanbase. I can't count how many Souls 'vets' I see try to pick up Nioh and hate it. It's because they try to play it like Souls. They have no interest in putting time into and actually learning how to play Nioh. And that's fine. But then don't shyt on the game (Nioh) when you didn't actually give it a chance (speaking generally, not about anyone in particular here).

Nvm nioh story and music pales in comparison.

Neither of these games/franchises/whatever are big on story. Everyone WANTS the From games to be different, but y'all gotta find pieces of shyt here and there to try and make any sense of the them (and yes I've watched Vaati's videos just like everyone else), but they're just as much a mess as any other game. Atleast Nioh's story (as pointless as it is, don't get me wrong) is rooted in actual history. And music-wise, I can't really comment. I'm always listening to actual music when I game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
But...the From games are even worse. There's nothing in them games to keep me wanting to play. Nioh's combat system alone keeps me engaged. Then there's the gear aspect. shyt, and enemies get different movesets in the later difficulties. Hell, I've been playing Nioh/Nioh 2 for like what, 4 years straight? There's nothing else out there that compares. Why would I wanna roll my way through more of the same sludge of them other games?

So basically they're easier. Agreed lol. To be fair, I can see that as being the appeal to most of it's fanbase. I can't count how many Souls 'vets' I see try to pick up Nioh and hate it. It's because they try to play it like Souls. They have no interest in putting time into and actually learning how to play Nioh. And that's fine. But then don't shyt on the game (Nioh) when you didn't actually give it a chance (speaking generally, not about anyone in particular here).

Neither of these games/franchises/whatever are big on story. Everyone WANTS the From games to be different, but y'all gotta find pieces of shyt here and there to try and make any sense of the them (and yes I've watched Vaati's videos just like everyone else), but they're just as much a mess as any other game. Atleast Nioh's story (as pointless as it is, don't get me wrong) is rooted in actual history. And music-wise, I can't really comment. I'm always listening to actual music when I game.

Nioh isnt hard :mjlol:

its so many builds that trivialize a majority of the game. Unless u in the depths which are just absolute, idiotic, lame cheese.

and the gear aspect is just a way to pad the game out. Its stupid as hell and I hated it. Grinding for graces has to be one of the most mind numbing shyts possible.

i like the game for a long time but dead ass the more I played I began to hate it lol. Im like level 660 or some shyt so I played it liberally but them high end dungeons and difficulties are just terrible to play.

thats why I think souls games are better. Even with the new game plus the game still “feels” excellent. I dont have to resort to cheesing through shyt.

and lets not cap. The most effective way to play nioh is find the move that can stun lock the boss the easiest and just use that. Thats it. I went through the majority of the underworld with splitstaff and doing 1 or 2 moves :mjlol: all the depth in the combat and by the time you actually should have to use that skill you built up the game mandates you cheese through shyt

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Nioh isnt hard :mjlol:

its so many builds that trivialize a majority of the game. Unless u in the depths which are just absolute, idiotic, lame cheese.

Of course when there are builds involved, there's the possibility of trivializing shyt. Such is the nature of video games. Know how to avoid it? Don't do it lol. And the Depths? They're meant to be cheesy and cheap. Its endgame content. Shouldn't be easy.

and the gear aspect is just a way to pad the game out. Its stupid as hell and I hated it. Grinding for graces has to be one of the most mind numbing shyts possible.

I NEVER grinded for anything lol. Only thing I ever farmed were boss skills. As far as gear is concerned, the game gives you all the tools you need to get what you want, and I got everything I needed simply by playing. I know the loot factor is pretty polarizing, but I LOVE it. There are so many ways to play the game that the options are endless. Gimme the loot dammit lol.

i like the game for a long time but dead ass the more I played I began to hate it lol. Im like level 660 or some shyt so I played it liberally but them high end dungeons and difficulties are just terrible to play.

That's where the real fun is though (well, for me anyways lol). Do they make it cheap? Absolutely they do. And I'm fine with it. Make me play damn near perfect to win. I play with +9 Stone always on, so I'm here for the bullshyt.

thats why I think souls games are better. Even with the new game plus the game still “feels” excellent. I dont have to resort to cheesing through shyt.

Again, because it's EASY lol. It feels the same...because it's exactly the same. There's no added danger. No added anything. You're literally playing the same exact game over and over again. And all that turns into is basically speedrunning the boss fights. That shyt is boring to me, sorry. And you don't have to cheese through anything in Nioh, if you know what you're doing :yeshrug:

and lets not cap. The most effective way to play nioh is find the move that can stun lock the boss the easiest and just use that. Thats it. I went through the majority of the underworld with splitstaff and doing 1 or 2 moves :mjlol: all the depth in the combat and by the time you actually should have to use that skill you built up the game mandates you cheese through shyt

But that's you (and I'm sure a majority of the ppl that play it). I'm part of a small crowd that find playing like that boring as hell lol. You will (almost) never catch me spamming one or two moves. The combat is way too deep and varied for that nonsense. Might as well play Dark Souls at that point :troll:. Only person you'll see me doing some shyt like that on is Ren, cause fukk him. And then there's Saito T, but he cheats even more than Ren, so he's the only person in the game where I gotta be careful. Otherwise, the beauty in this game is the combat, and being able to play fast with it.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Of course when there are builds involved, there's the possibility of trivializing shyt. Such is the nature of video games. Know how to avoid it? Don't do it lol. And the Depths? They're meant to be cheesy and cheap. Its endgame content. Shouldn't be easy.

I NEVER grinded for anything lol. Only thing I ever farmed were boss skills. As far as gear is concerned, the game gives you all the tools you need to get what you want, and I got everything I needed simply by playing. I know the loot factor is pretty polarizing, but I LOVE it. There are so many ways to play the game that the options are endless. Gimme the loot dammit lol.

That's where the real fun is though (well, for me anyways lol). Do they make it cheap? Absolutely they do. And I'm fine with it. Make me play damn near perfect to win. I play with +9 Stone always on, so I'm here for the bullshyt.

Again, because it's EASY lol. It feels the same...because it's exactly the same. There's no added danger. No added anything. You're literally playing the same exact game over and over again. And all that turns into is basically speedrunning the boss fights. That shyt is boring to me, sorry. And you don't have to cheese through anything in Nioh, if you know what you're doing :yeshrug:

But that's you (and I'm sure a majority of the ppl that play it). I'm part of a small crowd that find playing like that boring as hell lol. You will (almost) never catch me spamming one or two moves. The combat is way too deep and varied for that nonsense. Might as well play Dark Souls at that point :troll:. Only person you'll see me doing some shyt like that on is Ren, cause fukk him. And then there's Saito T, but he cheats even more than Ren, so he's the only person in the game where I gotta be careful. Otherwise, the beauty in this game is the combat, and being able to play fast with it.

I mean i feel you breh but difficulty is not a selling point for games for at this point lol. Ive beating most of the marquee actions games on their hardesr difficulty Aint shyt left for me to prove.

shyt Ive won and placed in large legit fighting game tournies and I reckon thats harder than any gaming accolade a majority of nikkas in here can come up wit :mjlol:

yea souls games can be hard for some but thats hardly why I think they the shyt.

dont get me wrong. I think nioh 2 is a solid time waster at about 7/10 at the end of the day but its going against goat candidates in bloodborne and shyt :mjlit: it is what it is