Whats the appeal of the soulsbourne genre?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ain’t slow relative to what exactly? :patrice: it’s a slog of a game when compared to DMC, MonHun, anything by Platinum, ninja Gaiden etc

everything I can find online says that souls fans consider ds 3 to be fast compared to ds1&2 but outside of that, it’s slow when compared to non souls games. Also armor type doesn’t affect weapon speed which is easily the jankiest part of the game. Consecutive hits with a 1h sword in ds3 is slower than 2h weapons in most good games

It’s not a hack n slash, the combat is deliberately slower paced because its more about timing and patterns. Not air juggling and massive combos

If you want a faster souls-like maybe play Nioh instead

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
It’s not a hack n slash, the combat is deliberately slower paced because its more about timing and patterns.

If you want a faster souls-like maybe play Nioh instead
i beat nioh 1 and it was actually fun. Even the slow two handers in that game feel better than the 1 hander I’m using in ds3

EDIT: beat nioh 1 almost exclusively with the big ass katana. Pulling off combos in that game with that weapon felt rewarding and responsive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s funny because i went back and beat DMC V this year and as much as peopel rave about it I really wasn’t that crazy about it. It just gives me hand cramps to play for more than an hour. It’s just flashy and chaotic.

I’ll take the slow and weighty combat of Souls games over anything else these days

HeftySpeedyArgentineruddyduck-max-1mb.gif

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Any game wit a boss battle ain’t for me :manny:

Bought bloodbourne years ago

played it for 8 minutes exactly and hit the :patrice: took that piece a shyt back to GameStop where it belong

game was ass cheese to me.but I play cod all day and people say it’s ass to:heh:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
It’s funny because i went back and beat DMC V this year and as much as peopel rave about it I really wasn’t that crazy about it. It just gives me hand cramps to play for more than an hour. It’s just flashy and chaotic.

I’ll take the slow and weighty combat of Souls games over anything else these days

HeftySpeedyArgentineruddyduck-max-1mb.gif
Took forever just to pull off a stab and the mob ain’t even die:dead:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Not a fan TBH
The Elden Ring hoopla is head scratching to me :yeshrug:
I don't like those games either. I really don't get the appeal. But hey if y'all like it then great

I'll take fast paced, action-packed Ninja Gaiden style gameplay over that every time

Ninja Gaiden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Souls game that will ever be created:manny:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Any game wit a boss battle ain’t for me :manny:

Bought bloodbourne years ago

played it for 8 minutes exactly and hit the :patrice: took that piece a shyt back to GameStop where it belong

game was ass cheese to me.but I play cod all day and people say it’s ass to:heh:

:gucci::scust:

Damn, you ass and trash, breh.