What’s so special about the female rapper Rapsody ?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Why y’all act like you have to like every artist? There’s nothing to “get”. You either like an artist or don’t. Lmaooooo it’s not a math problem.
But it is strange when not only does everyone say they like an artist..... But the artists you love, talk about another artist, like they are God's gift to music... They ask 100 rappers about who the best, and they always have that artist's name in their list. They in every magazine.. Getting all the reviews.. Just the artist of the minute type shyt

Then you play them and it's like :unimpressed:

Yea... I gotta know if I'm fukking tripping or maybe there's some other element I haven't hopped onto yet or maybe they just gassin the fukk out them

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
She's an average female rapper with a K.dot cosign. If she wasn't on To Pimp A Butterfly she wouldnt be on most people's radar.

She's another case in the long line of women who do something either an average or below average level but because she's a woman we're being forced to respect her. She out here spitting WNBA type raps. :mjlol:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
But it is strange when not only does everyone say they like an artist..... But the artists you love, talk about another artist, like they are God's gift to music... They ask 100 rappers about who the best, and they always have that artist's name in their list. They in every magazine.. Getting all the reviews.. Just the artist of the minute type shyt

Then you play them and it's like :unimpressed:

Yea... I gotta know if I'm fukking tripping or maybe there's some other element I haven't hopped onto yet or maybe they just gassin the fukk out them
This could be applied to all the current stars lol. I mean a lot of just decent to sorry ass rappers get the supreme push, it works for some and it don’t work for others. Rap ain’t getting any bigger than she is but she’s in a good spot to me. Lyrical female rappers are not the wave right now.. Maybe Che Noir or somebody will change that, we will see. Rap just came out at the wrong time IMO. She probably could’ve been up there if she dropped like late 90’s/early 2000’s

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
She is one of the few female rappers I listen to. She isn’t for everyone, but I like her music. I’m really only familiar with her last two albums, which were both dope to me. Tell me this song ain’t dope, the production so nice.

This is one of her most complete songs/projects to me.
I actually thing Eve might be her best project tho. Crown and The Idea of beautiful are underrated

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I listen to most female rappers and decided to give her project “Eve” a try about a year ago and IDK nothing really stuck out to me. The track I liked the most was Hatshepsut and that was due to Latifah’s verse.

I think female rappers that don’t rap about their p*ssy get overhyped.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
She is one of the few female rappers I listen to. She isn’t for everyone, but I like her music. I’m really only familiar with her last two albums, which were both dope to me. Tell me this song ain’t dope, the production so nice.

That Nina Simone sample is fire :wow:
Yeah I've been a Rapsody fan for a decade now. I think she's dope. It was crazy to see this board swing the other way on here. She used to get a lot of love, but IMO the whole thing with the Grammy's and Q-Tip/Tribe not getting nominated over her ended up hurting her on here. I think the fact that 9th pushes so hard for her has made people say "She's not that dope; it's only 9th pushing her." Etc.

She's still really dope. I mean there's no question 9th has pushed her a lot and done a lot for her, but she's been good at carving out a lane. She can rhyme really well. There's no denying she has bars and usually picks dope production. She did start name-dropping a little bit more as time went on, but that's it.

I mean you can't check this and think she's not got bars. And she looked out for the home team and plugged one of her producers, AMP on the beat.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I listen to most female rappers and decided to give her project “Eve” a try about a year ago and IDK nothing really stuck out to me. The track I liked the most was Hatshepsut and that was due to Latifah’s verse.

I think female rappers that don’t rap about their p*ssy get overhyped.
I don't expect you to give anything else a shot, but the Crown EP is her best work.

Eve is basically a concept album and honestly it's the last place I'd ever advise anyone to start with her catalogue. Hell, I'm a Rapsody fan and I didn't like most of the production on Eve. It's just not a very easy listen. If you ever feel like trying again, check out Crown from 2016.

Also re: the bolded. Maybe so. But Che Noir dropped an AOTY contender with Apollo Brown on the beats called As God Intended. Not to derail but it's so fukking dope.

You can’t listen to this and say she’s overrated.

Absolutely breh.

And Nottz murked the fukk out of that beat too. I like how she sounded here with Alc and Styles P and them. Alc has never produced a full project for a female emcee. Kind of wish they'd do something.