What’s so special about the female rapper Rapsody ?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Nitty Scott

:whew:
dadc61b59a23bc792085bfada5b69c80.jpg

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feel the same way about her as I do Meg, they both can rap but it’s like so what

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
She good, but I don’t think she’s the best. At all.

like Lady London for example raps circles around her as a pure MC.

To be honest, from what I heard, I think Megan is better a pure rhyme spitter

So is Kiyanne

@Megan is only better at punchlines, rhyming density, multis, wordplay, etc i give it to Rap

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her entire gimmick - being rappity rap - is irrelevant now that the field is full of female rappers who can clearly rap. I have no idea what they're trying to do with her career but it's not working and it's time to acknowledge that or simply give up. It's obvious 9th is far too concerned about proving to male "real rap fans" that she can rap, than appealing to actual women. There's no explanation for why her first single last year featured...GZA. What are you doing?
I'm not a fan of her music but how isn't it working when she always get critical praise and front and center promotion on DSPs whenever she drops new music? 9th got more talented male artists on his roster that don't receive half the attention and promotion she gets, Add-2 way nicer and more creative than Rapsody and dude never got the same push she got.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I’ll give you multis for sure and content, but I prefer Megan’s flow and punchlines. She’s more clever.

Megan’s freestyles are much better than her music currently. Her studio music is pretty manufactured, like the label has a carefully crafted plan for the radio. Her free styling is just pure spitting and it’s much more to it and more enjoyable.

As far as OP, Rapsody is dope, and her Eve album was fantastic, but I can see why some people may not feel her. She somewhat wears thin on you over the course of an entire album (sans Eve). She’s the female Skyzoo to me, but Skyzoo has had a lot more enjoyable projects.

Che Noir is the best female rapper today though, and I don’t think it’s debatable. Her beats are hard, and she holds her own alongside people like Benny, Ransom, etc. She’s only 24 or 25 but sounds very seasoned, and you won’t feel embarrassed if you’re a dude listening to her out loud (the hell would I be listening to Jhonni Blaze or some of these other L&HH women :mjlol:)

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Little Simz is probably thee dopest female out right now

She dope

I'm not a fan of her music but how isn't it working when she always get critical praise and front and center promotion on DSPs whenever she drops new music? 9th got more talented male artists on his roster that don't receive half the attention and promotion she gets, Add-2 way nicer and more creative than Rapsody and dude never got the same push she got.

Add 2 very dope but yes he got no push....dude drops good music

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
For years I been seeing her getting revered on the internet as being the top female rapper and every couple months I’ll go in a lil binge and play her songs to see what’s the hype about and be leaving puzzled . Not saying she’s straight trash , she has substance and talks about real shyt but on a technical level she’s type average . Is it something I’m missing or do I have to do my research better ? Lmk
nikkas always stan mediocre women who rap... Remember Dej Loaf was supposed to the queen of the coli right before this