What's it gonna for people to accept that Will Smith ain't "that dude" anymore?

Daps
Credit for a comic book movie success should not be counted. No one goes to a comic book movie because of the actor.
Disagree to an extent. Household names will sell themselves for sure(your Supermans, Batmans, etc) but the lesser heroes/squads like task force x, GoG, Ant-Man are more risky shots in darks. Luckily the stars in those films nailed it

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Will smith is a great actor, lets not forget movies also has directors an screen writers etc
Don't forget after earth was Directed M. Night Shyamalan

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He just passed Harrison Ford on the Box Office Chart. He's on Pace to pass Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks in the next 5-10 years in way less years then both of them. Look the last five years was Will taking time off and trying to launch his kids careers. "After Earth" wasn't perfect but the critics went overboard. We've never seen a Sci-Fi movie like that with a Black Father/Son relationship (Though yes Jaden's acting was shaky in it). "Karate Kid" he produced and that was a solid remake and blockbuster success. "Whip My Hair" was an international smash and would of lauched Willow to a huge music career but she didn't want that. "MIB 3" was definitely much better than "MIB 2".

So Will took time away from Hollywood to be a Father and there's nothing wrong that. Yes his movies have been up and down in the last 5 or so years but Will is forever "THAT DUDE". Come on now. Conquered Music, Television and Film and he started out as an emcee. Guess what, LEGENDS NEVER FALL OFF. They are forever. Will just hit a small bump because he wanted to take some more risk and not do "Blockbusters" all the time. I've always said Will needed to take more risk and he finally is doing that. "Sucide Squad' sees him playing a murderer. People criticism the man for always "Saving the world" then he gives us a Thriller like "7 Pounds and Focus" and a Drama like "Concussion" and people still aren't statisfied. That's all good, "Bad Boys For Life" will silence the haters for all time: LOL @ Every Will Smith movie having to be a Blockbuster while other actors get to flop all the time and nobody bats an eye

bad-boys-3.jpg

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is :scust:. What is the point of this crab in a barrel thread?

Will been providing quality entertainment and been the face of black Hollywood and has owned the box office. Dude been in the game for 30 yrs make us dance, laugh , cry and think. Where is your thread about Depp, Deniro, Sandler, Stiller , Hanks. F@#K outta here:camby:.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Best part of Suicide Squad nah highest opening weekend in his career breh still has the juice the movie flopped him if anything.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
he cool just wish he had more depth to his characters n took more risks, most of the people he plays comes off as will smith. look at deadshot.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
U damn right it will. It might did a little better than 200. Its a lot of bias against Will:ufdup:

Will is my dude. I just can't give him credit for SS. I don't give Rock credit for GI Joe or Fast, but I will give him credit for San Andreas :manny:

Ryan Reynolds is the perfect example of this. All his movies bomb, but put him in a role where he is in a highly anticipated comic book movie.,You get the highest grossing rated R movie of all time. :ld:
This is a very bad example.

Deadpool does not make the same amount of money without ryan Reynolds. That film doesn't even get made without him.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
U damn right it will. It might did a little better than 200. Its a lot of bias against Will:ufdup:

Will is my dude. I just can't give him credit for SS. I don't give Rock credit for GI Joe or Fast, but I will give him credit for San Andreas :manny:

Ryan Reynolds is the perfect example of this. All his movies bomb, but put him in a role where he is in a highly anticipated comic book movie.,You get the highest grossing rated R movie of all time. :ld:

This is a very bad example.

Deadpool does not make the same amount of money without ryan Reynolds. That film doesn't even get made without him.
This. He fits the character perfectly and spent years pushing to get a movie made for deadpool. He even took the role in X men origins knowing what they had written because he wanted that character. I don't want to see someone else play deadpool. shyt, he was effectively cast in the role in the 2004 comic when he says he looks like Ryan Reynolds crossed with a sharpei. Lots of superhero movies get huge in large part because of who plays the central character or main villain. Show of hands in here for who wants to see someone else play Tony Stark. Anyone think that Patrick Stewart wasn't a nearly perfect choice as professor X? Anyone think tom Hiddleston was not an ideal cast as Loki?