What's in your blu-ray collection?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just ordered Belly

I'm finding a lot of companies are dragging their feet to get certain titles out on Blu (Bad Boys 2, True Lies, Rush Hour 2, etc.)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just ordered Belly

I'm finding a lot of companies are dragging their feet to get certain titles out on Blu

that's nuts to me.

plus 4k coming next year supposedly and a lot of movies aren't even on blu.

i wonder if the first iterations of 4k gonna have shytty transfers like a lot of the early blu's did

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
that's nuts to me.

i wonder if the first iterations of 4k gonna have shytty transfers like a lot of the early blu's did

I hope not, I would be willing to take the plunge on a 4k set with 4K blu-ray player as long as the quality was there. I'm gonna have to take a trip to Best Buy to see what the blu's look like upscaled on a 4K set.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's nuts to me.

I doubt it, studios have been restoring their films to 4k and 8k over the last 2 years. Studios didn't seem to grasp HD for the home market at the beginning of the bluray's life but they are way pass the growing pains stage.

I think most of the 4k bluray titles for the first couple of years will be classics that already had their "re-mastered in 4k" releases like Lawrence of Arabia, Ghostbusters, etc.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:beli: now a lot of the well go USA blu's are bronzing.

i wanted to cop IP man too .

:dahell: is going on with blu lately?
Yeesh, good think I'm not that into Criterions or Well Go. The only one I own of either company is Benjamin Button.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Picked up true romance and 310 to yuma $5 a piece at target. Tons of others came in the mail this week. Ill take a pic on tues release day

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Just got Hannibal Season 2 today and ordered the Plainarchive.com (South Korea) exclusives I Saw the Devil PET Full Slip Steelbook (only made 800 copies) and The Master Keepcase Blu Ray (only made 1000 of these):banderas:The artwork is amazing

9ZIU0hP.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I doubt it, studios have been restoring their films to 4k and 8k over the last 2 years. Studios didn't seem to grasp HD for the home market at the beginning of the bluray's life but they are way pass the growing pains stage.

I think most of the 4k bluray titles for the first couple of years will be classics that already had their "re-mastered in 4k" releases like Lawrence of Arabia, Ghostbusters, etc.
I hear u breh.. but even now studios are lazy and keep re releasing movies with a new slipcover or case and the same 2007/2008 transfer cuz theyre too cheap or lazy to remaster.

Im sure Sony will release a lot of native 4k early on but I can see a lot of 1080 upscaled to 4k from other studios. Hope im wrong though.