What’s going on with Will Smith brehs?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He co-produces some of the projects he appears in, including the one he just got an Oscar for.
He can finance his own projects moving forward. He's not an actor waiting hat in hand for a studio to cast him in a movie.

That's not true at all and even you know that. You're going to need people to help finance your projects as well to help reduce the financial risk. Don't think that those Finance companies aren't in cahoots with the high level people in Hollywood as well.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That's not true at all and even you know that. You're going to need people to help finance your projects as well to help reduce the financial risk. Don't think that those Finance companies aren't in cahoots with the high level people in Hollywood as well.

There are so many media platforms now that what you wrote isn't true. Maybe was true 20 years ago, but not in 2022.

I posted a thread about EXISTING partnership that his company has brokered with international companies to produce smaller scale projects outside of the traditional Hollywood studio system

Here

Fresh Prince of Pan Africanism, Smith's company partners with Nigerian company to produce content

Will's money is long, he's still an international superstar, he has a track record as a producer for making content that generates profits.

He can navigate a post-controversy career.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There are so many media platforms now that what you wrote isn't true. Maybe was true 20 years ago, but not in 2022.

I posted a thread about EXISTING partnership that his company has brokered with international companies to produce smaller scale projects outside of the traditional Hollywood studio system

Here

Fresh Prince of Pan Africanism, Smith's company partners with Nigerian company to produce content

Will's money is long, he's still an international superstar, he has a track record as a producer for making content that generates profits.

That still doesn't mean shyt though as he will have to sell those movies in the US where the money is outside of the China Box Office (which he will be fine.) He can find a way to finance smaller lower budget films, but when you're talking about high budget ones he's going to need those Hollywood studio systems and the connections with them.

Will is used to big budget films and you'd be naive to think that he'd be cool with losing those connections and sticking sorely to smaller scale projects. Will isn't trying to fukk up those connections which is why he bowed down and kissed the ring to try and make things right.

BB4 isn't going to be a smaller scale project and he's not going to be able to finance it on his own even with those overseas partners.

NubianShe

Rookie
Supporter
Daps

Here

Only if he ain’t got “skeletons..” which no matter how BIG you are.. they ALL HAVE! I’m not hating on him but this is gonna bring a bunch of stuff to the forefront that we may not have known about. He was foul for that Oscar’s shiznit

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That still doesn't mean shyt though as he will have to sell those movies in the US where the money is outside of the China Box Office (which he will be fine.) He can find a way to finance smaller lower budget films, but when you're talking about high budget ones he's going to need those Hollywood studio systems and the connections with them.

Will is used to big budget films and you'd be naive to think that he'd be cool with losing those connections and sticking sorely to smaller scale projects. Will isn't trying to fukk up those connections which is why he bowed down and kissed the ring to try and make things right.

BB4 isn't going to be a smaller scale project and he's not going to be able to finance it on his own even with those overseas partners.
Moving the goal posts here.

I was just saying before this Best Actor STAMP, that Will was already leveraging his global fame and resources to produce and co-produce content. Because of that, and the multiple outlets for entertainment media ,he is in a better position today to move forward in his career. Regardless of what the short term and long term backlash is.

The current projects his company produces won't be pulled off the networks/platforms. Bel Air, for example.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Moving the goal posts here.

I was just saying before this Best Actor STAMP, that Will was already leveraging his global fame and resources to produce and co-produce content. Because of that, and the multiple outlets for entertainment media ,he is in a better position today to move forward in his career. Regardless of what the short term and long term backlash is.

The current projects his company produces won't be pulled off the networks/platforms. Bel Air, for example.

It strictly depends on what Will wants his future to be. Is he fine with smaller budget films or does he still have the itch to do big box office budgets, which he's used to doing. Smaller budget films win you Oscars and major awards, but you'd naive to think that actors and actresses don't want those big budget films which is where the money is.

That's where Will is used to be fine and is more than likely not fine with sticking with smaller budget films and projects. Will's content is also not being pulled from networks/platforms as what he did doesn't warrant that. As I said in another thread, any lower tier celebrity (especially a black one) wouldn't be able to get away with what Will did and also be bold enough to still celebrate later on that night.

They would have gotten kicked out of that building right after it happened and be completely shunned from Hollywood for the disrespect that he showed for the Oscars and everyone else who puts years of work into that particular night and moment. He fukked up a lot of people's moment and they aren't going to forget that.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Sorry I had to dig this up but where does Will Smith go from here movie wise? He's getting a ton of backlash and people, mostly whites, seemingly not wanting to f*ck with him and Jada after this. Will the masses f*ck with his movies going forward? Does Hollywood(producers, directors, fellow stars) have problem with him after he upstaged their precious Oscar night? What's the fallout going to be from this career wise :jbhmm:

cacs are going to ostracize Will like the new OJ in regards to film. If Chris Rock and the Academy doesn't make Will pay, Hollywood and the masses that have supported him throughout his career will do it.

Black folks are just disappointed in him but we still gon rock with him. Jada on the other hand, I'm done with that crazy broad.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
He co-produces some of the projects he appears in, including the one he just got an Oscar for.
He can finance his own projects moving forward. He's not an actor waiting hat in hand for a studio to cast him in a movie.
True but the key to Hollywood is always to use someone else money. 90% of everything is "Ok we have a great script and a name actor on board, now where do we get the money to make this flick?" A small budget indie film I get but he's got to use 'the system and the Hollywood machine' if he wants to do the big blockbuster shyt. And even still his Overbrook Entertainment is heavily tied into the industry and all that it entangles. Tyler Perry on the other hand, whether we like him or not, with his own studio is more capable of working outside the Hollywood scope. And I'm sure he also would need to keep his Hollywood-Jewish- and streaming company relationships tight and on good terms.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't think people realize how expensive movies are to make. Will even if he used his own money will still have to apply for loans and shyt.

The other thing is Will spent over 30 years building this cool good guy persona and it is tied to his success and it took a massive blow this past Sunday and he has to work back from that.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It strictly depends on what Will wants his future to be. Is he fine with smaller budget films or does he still have the itch to do big box office budgets, which he's used to doing. Smaller budget films win you Oscars and major awards, but you'd naive to think that actors and actresses don't want those big budget films which is where the money is.

That's where Will is used to be fine and is more than likely not fine with sticking with smaller budget films and projects. Will's content is also not being pulled from networks/platforms as what he did doesn't warrant that. As I said in another thread, any lower tier celebrity (especially a black one) wouldn't be able to get away with what Will did and also be bold enough to still celebrate later on that night.

They would have gotten kicked out of that building right after it happened and be completely shunned from Hollywood for the disrespect that he showed for the Oscars and everyone else who puts years of work into that particular night and moment. He fukked up a lot of people's moment and they aren't going to forget that.
This is the main thing I'm worried about. Its the petty-holding a grudge type shyt that could come from this. Say for instance/for example Will has a new big film in the works and a deal is about to get done with major studio head -Now the people who made Coda(film of the year) and the folks at Apple TV who put it out might call up the studio, who they probably would have a long term relationship with, and say "don't do the deal with Will Smith because we worked our asses off on Coda, won picture of the year, put in millions on advertising, and Will ruined our night and our moment of truth. You do that deal with him then I'll talk Brad Pitt into not producing and staring in the project you're putting together." or Warner Bros. and all the people and actors that worked on Dune(who also had a big night) now will have an issue with Will and that bleeds into other shyt, etc. Hollywood is actually a small tight knit community as in if you burn one bridge you kind of really burned three or four. Forget whether fans still f*ck with Will or not, if the petty-grudge shyt is minimal and not too bad Will should be okay in the long run. But if the petty shyt gets out of control and Will and Jada still rub people the wrong way then:francis: