What would the Joker do if another villain killed Batman?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's how it is though. Everything batman stands for is the exact opposite of what joker stands for and that's what I like about the relationship. I feel like every good hero needs that inverse in their bad guy in order for it to really work and all of batman's villains are an inverse on him one way or another but Joker completely embodies that.
When did DC start doing that with Batman and his villains?
I don't see the need in having that relationship stop Batman from actually killing Joker. I know about is "morals" but those are ass backwards when you look at how many citizens are killed or left in a worst off position because he believes that's what separates him from the bad guys.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When did DC start doing that with Batman and his villains?
I don't see the need in having that relationship stop Batman from actually killing Joker. I know about is "morals" but those are ass backwards when you look at how many citizens are killed or left in a worst off position because he believes that's what separates him from the bad guys.

I don't know when they started it but most writers have picked up on it: Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman specifically are inverses of him. Two-Face is what would happen if he took his quest for justice all the way to the other side and if he let himself be overcome with rage and revenge. Riddler is an inverse on Batman's detective skills and mind. Penguin is an example of money and power corrupting and using all of it for bad instead of good, which Batman does as Bruce Wayne and Catwoman is that side of him that he rarely acknowledges; the part of him that knows how easy it would be to use his skills to not have a care in the world and just look out for himself.

But your last point is one of the things his villains poke at not just with him but with spider-man and superman as well. How many countless people have died because you refuse to go the extra mile and do what is truly necessary? You're no better than us. You think that makes you better than us or keeps you on a higher ground but in reality, it's a delusion. That's the idea I had for that Maximum Carnage movie I'd make if someone ever asked me to make a spider-man movie

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know when they started it but most writers have picked up on it: Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman specifically are inverses of him. Two-Face is what would happen if he took his quest for justice all the way to the other side and if he let himself be overcome with rage and revenge. Riddler is an inverse on Batman's detective skills and mind. Penguin is an example of money and power corrupting and using all of it for bad instead of good, which Batman does as Bruce Wayne and Catwoman is that side of him that he rarely acknowledges; the part of him that knows how easy it would be to use his skills to not have a care in the world and just look out for himself.

But your last point is one of the things his villains poke at not just with him but with spider-man and superman as well. How many countless people have died because you refuse to go the extra mile and do what is truly necessary? You're no better than us. You think that makes you better than us or keeps you on a higher ground but in reality, it's a delusion. That's the idea I had for that Maximum Carnage movie I'd make if someone ever asked me to make a spider-man movie
I can see Spider-Man and Superman not killing because that isn't in their nature, but Batman... that muthafukkuh is cold blooded. What really separates Batman from his villains is that he is wealthy. If he was raised poor he would've been another Gotham statistic. Also Gotham needs a death penalty

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can see Spider-Man and Superman not killing because that isn't in their nature, but Batman... that muthafukkuh is cold blooded. What really separates Batman from his villains is that he is wealthy. If he was raised poor he would've been another Gotham statistic. Also Gotham needs a death penalty

I disagree. I think what separates him is the fact that he has a code and a line he won't cross. And that comes from upbringing. Even if his parents were poor or just middle class but had the same values he would still be the same person. Peter was raised poor but the values his aunt and uncle instilled in him make killing not in his nature. Clark is from another world entirely but the values instilled in him are the same. Bruce is cold blooded but he does have a heart and has shown that heart many times in the comics and in adaptations. There are lines he won't cross and even in Batman Begins and the Dark Knight, that becomes a key plot point. Ra's gets on him for not being willing to do what's necessary for justice, same with the Joker. In the JLA cartoon, Amanda Waller tells Terry McGinnis that she realized even though Batman would go to great lengths to get the job done, he wouldn't kill.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I guess the problem basically comes down to having multiple writers each with their own idea of Batman should be and having to keep a story going with real conclusion.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the character but the kinda vigilante/superhero role doesn't fit as well as a straight up vigilante, IMO.
Maybe because I'm older but the whole superhero thing they do in Marvel and DC makes me roll my eyes

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

As a Batman STAN since I was a kid, Ive never understood that either. Bruce ENJOYS beating nikkas to near death on a nightly basis, hanging them off balconies, tossing ninja stars shaped like bats and putting mufukkas joints in BJJ locks til they snap, psychologically scarring random petty thugs for life but I supposed to beleiev this nikkas above killing? :rudy: How he know they aint die later from injuries, internal hemoragghing and shyt? Does he follow up on them in the hospital? Lets not act like Batman is a kid or some shyt, son is 6'2 in his mid thirties and BROLIC, he's got the perfect blend of youthful athletics and incoming old man strength :damn:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
As a Batman STAN since I was a kid, Ive never understood that either. Bruce ENJOYS beating nikkas to near death on a nightly basis, hanging them off balconies, tossing ninja stars shaped like bats and putting mufukkas joints in BJJ locks til they snap, psychologically scarring random petty thugs for life but I supposed to beleiev this nikkas above killing? :rudy: How he know they aint die later from injuries, internal hemoragghing and shyt? Does he follow up on them in the hospital? Lets not act like Batman is a kid or some shyt, son is 6'2 in his mid thirties and BROLIC, he's got the perfect blend of youthful athletics and incoming old man strength :damn:
He used to kill, even carried a gun in the older comics, simply put they can't make bank on a character that kills all his own villains, that's why the punisher sucks when he's not written in the Marvel Max universe

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He used to kill, even carried a gun in the older comics, simply put they can't make bank on a character that kills all his own villains, that's why the punisher sucks when he's not written in the Marvel Max universe

If you kill all the good villains, then a hero wouldn't be made.