What were you thinking/feeling the first time you watched "The Dark Knight"??

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
"Why am I watching this? I hate superhero movies"
Then I was pleasantly surprised

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was like :whoo: and :mindblown:.

The Dark Knight was my first time that I had to watch the movie twice in threater , "I wanna watch again". First with my family, 2nd with my friends.

After movie was still in awe like :wow: and :banderas:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
first time i saw two face, i was like :huhldup:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-12833-1426647088-9.gif
with all those ligaments showing

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
its heightened reality like what he did with the prestige, banes seige on gotham was like watching genghis khan, the blue rose emits a toxic fear inducing hallucinagen which later becomes more science fiction than supernatural, Bruce doesn't enjoy brooding or the dark atmosphere he just knows its a world he was thrust into the moment his parents were killed, he chooses the dark because no one else will. How was The joker never about anarchy? for all we know he could have been a good man once like in the killing joke, he alludes to the idea that all it takes is one bad day to drive the sanest man alive into a maniac, the irony is that he tells the truth even when he lies, and nobody ever wants to accept the cold hard truth, because its actually frightening and cruel, thats how the joker see's the world and wonders why we dont see it and why we arent laughing or "getting the joke", he doesnt break it down for us in simpler terms because thats like having to explain a joke and when you do that the joke is never funny. Comedians are always about the truth, because they show us how fukked up shyt is.

your saying the heath ledger joker isnt capable of doing this like in the comics?

kpE6O50.jpg

The defense of "Heightened reality" doesn't excuse the rose which while hallucinogenic, still veered toward the supernatural when Bruce only starts hallucinating when he opens the box in the first film. To which he only sees bats and nothing more. Do you know how hallucinogens work? But still, a moment of lapse in the Nolanverse is fine, one eyebrow raising is fine, maybe he just didn't do the research. However, Nolan likes dabbling in the supernatural yet tries to defend his rationalization with phrases like "heightened reality", whatever the fukk that means. Bane Punching through a stone column, Harvey Dent not only surviving the accident but walking around as if painkillers are going to fix exposed nerve and tissue damage, and Bruce's spine somehow getting "repaired" via an old doctor plopping his spinal column into place like a lego. That's not science fiction, that's supernatural, which is fine if Nolan would just admit it.

Read my post carefully again, I already mentioned how Nolans Joker was an anarchist, however the image wasn't that of the Joker, it could've been the name of any character he made up, when I saw Ledger's performance, it felt more like an anarchist psychopath who saw the real joker one day in Gotham and decided he could do it to. It was very emulation Joker and not the classic villain. What you happen to misunderstand is that the Joker from the comics is a walking piece of supervillain irony, he walks around dapper, in nice suits to state the dichotomy, that's the whole idea of irony.

Also referencing the Killing Joke really just helps my point.