What were some of the dumbass fads people did when you were in HS?

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Jodeci combat boots
Lugz
the wrap around R Kelly shades
Bald fades..baby hair fades..(for the pretty boys) lol

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
socks in shoes (under the tongue) to make your sneakers look fatter.

also cutting the bottom side of your jeans so they could be wide leg and go over said fat shoes.

wearing your backpack hella high where it looks like youre super swole and your backpack is too small.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
socks in shoes (under the tongue) to make your sneakers look fatter.

also cutting the bottom side of your jeans so they could be wide leg and go over said fat shoes.

wearing your backpack hella high where it looks like youre super swole and your backpack is too small.

imagine we did all this shyt to "fit in" not get ranked on, only to forget all about these people 5-20 years later :pachaha:

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
naw the culture as a whole didn't rock with it. that shop boyz shyt started the change but it ain't fully catch on until 09. 07-08 baggy shyt was still cool.

the shop boyz couldnt even start a career.

yall were just late to the game out there, like yall are with most of this stuff. NO OFFENSE. some of yall prolly attached shop boyz to it cuz they had that silly ass song on radio 24/7.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
996 New Balances
Stretch jeans (Parasucos and Sevens was the shyt)
Karate Kid-style headbands with your nickname in glitter glue
White low top Reebok classics (I had the ones with a silhouette of DC on the sole)

The mid to late 90s was the GOAT
this is good shyt here

in the 90s and even early 2000s city fashion was demarcated by where you were from within, with the suburbs taking what they thought was the best of each

now everyone dresses the same, pretty much :ld:

are you uptown? because i grew up in the burbs bordering brightwood, shepherd park, close to petworth, takoma, 16th street heights, etc

we never wore reeboks, and our newbies were 991 and 574 but everything else here is dead on

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
the shop boyz couldnt even start a career.

yall were just late to the game out there, like yall are with most of this stuff. NO OFFENSE. some of yall prolly attached shop boyz to it cuz they had that silly ass song on radio 24/7.

song was hotter than any song Jim Jones had. naw though, jim wore ed hardy, that ain't what I'm talking about. that shyt was NEVER hot at my school. never.

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
A couple of staples from my sophomore year in HS ('97) Anything Polo, Tommy or Nautica (the pic of these overalls called them 'vintage' :skip:) Also worked at Foot Locker so my shoe game was always on point :banderas:
ZRc5dD2.jpg

PdyFmmV.jpg

That Pippen shoe print in the snow :banderas: :pachaha:

wWuEJBW.jpg

ENIOvFq.jpg

So basically I'm laughing at the fact that I used to wear jackets that a middle aged man would wear, and some damn overalls that only that model can pull off. No regrets for the shoes :whoa:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HS 01-05 Jersey (Philly area)
Foot Locker Ts
All black or All White Shelltops
Polos
Girbauds with the straps
Key around your neck (shoe lace or other)
Disney/Cartoon Socks
Capris
Fitteds (no size sticker but def the mlb sticker)
Throwbacks with a matching fitted

A typical round the way outfit
Long white T
Jordan Shorts
Socks + Flip Flops

We used to call it the uniform lol