What Went Wrong with Derek Luke?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i always tell this story when someone brings him up
he was at my family reunion in East Orange back in the day. (he knew someone in my family)
and he was going on about hes gonna be in some depressing ass flik with Denzel Washington.
we all laughing and shyt!
bout a year later hes Antwone Fisher
:stopitslime:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You kinda answered you're own question 9 words in your post.

Biker Boys

It was trash...

and not that fake trash like how
23SAwE8.png
stan be trynna overreact with faux anger and trolling of Marvel movies.

Like this was some real true and pure trash like some Adam Sandler trash level movie, Biker Boys was just a terrible movie

Martha

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Simple answer, same thing that has happened to most black actors not named denzel or will, without a tv gig

Long answer 1 too many bad choices, he was ripe in the mid 00s. Catch a fire was mismanaged by studio, was barely marketed and only got a limited release. Lion of lambs probably sounded good on paper but his role was quite minute and then miracle on st Anna...yeah. Dude then goes on to accept a role as caps soldier buddy in the past a nothing role

He finally succumbed to tv but the ship has sailed:francis:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Blame his agent. His age shouldn't be a factor. Anthony Mackie and Chadwick Boseman are in the same range.
Is anthony Mackie really respected in the industry though? Dude has done all the roles that usually lead to a breakout career and is still toiling at 40. Played a gay? Check. Done a critically acclaimed war movie? Check. Been that special black Cacs choose to take under their wing? Check. Been a sidekick to cac? Check.Been a sidekick to cac again? Check.

Ps excluding mcu what movie has Chadwick done outside of biopics and the whitwashed Egyptian trash? Message to a king? Straight to digital :francis:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
IIRC, Jordin Sparks mentioned in an interview how Derek refused to do a love scene w/her in Sparkle b/c they're 16 years apart. (He was 38 and she was 22...yikes.) That might've been the start of it. I think the closest sex scene he's ever done was w/Taraji in Empire. (Might be b/c of his wife - they've been married for almost 20 years.) I agree that Chadwick is the hot new thing, but 18 years of solid work is impressive. His IMDb doesn't seem to have any gaps, and he's filming the 2nd season of that god-awful 13 Reasons Why show.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
IIRC, Jordin Sparks mentioned in an interview how Derek refused to do a love scene w/her in Sparkle b/c they're 16 years apart. (He was 38 and she was 22...yikes.) That might've been the start of it. I think the closest sex scene he's ever done was w/Taraji in Empire. (Might be b/c of his wife - they've been married for almost 20 years.) I agree that Chadwick is the hot new thing, but 18 years of solid work is impressive. His IMDb doesn't seem to have any gaps, and he's filming the 2nd season of that god-awful 13 Reasons Why show.
other than panther what dope movie has he got upcoming?:mjgrin:cuz that thurgood Marshall project isn't likely to make money