What was our HS GPA

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
haha, let's put it this way.. i have an AR15 to meet anyone who gets past the alarm system..

touche though, those words were foolish ; my point stands though, this guy is sitting here tryin' to beef and battle with me and all im saying is, don't set any limits on yourself, try to excel in anything you do, school, sports, chess, reading, rappin', mixing, djin', etc. And to anyone who thinks someone with book smarts can't have street smarts also, you're a clown. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I just wish more people were perfectionists and did everything they could to better themselves in all arenas of their life as opposed to being apathetic and lazy. if that's an unpopular point of view, then so be it
You can afford LA pretty well?

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You have too much respect for the school system. It's a means of control breh. When you're a kid its about controlling your time, in college its about your finances

My mothers a professor I know all about book smarts and whatever you need to learn can be more easily learned outside the classroom

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Its funny cause John Goodman is white. But homeboy is talking down on him like he is some black highschool dropout.

Its funny how we assume and stereotype people. I went to college, and im thankful for it. But there is no way in hell I would look down on someone who didnt go. shyt they are prolly smarter than me for not shackling themselves in all this debt :pachaha:

All you really need is work experience to land your ass a good job. Work experience you can get by simply doing a intern for a reputable company. You dont need a 100,000 degree to land your ass a internship lol

aixenv

Lakers World Order
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You have too much respect for the school system. It's a means of control breh. When you're a kid its about controlling your time, in college its about your finances

My mothers a professor I know all about book smarts and whatever you need to learn can be more easily learned outside the classroom

:%s/means of control/means to an end/g

aixenv

Lakers World Order
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Its funny cause John Goodman is white. But homeboy is talking down on him like he is some black highschool dropout.

Its funny how we assume and stereotype people. I went to college, and im thankful for it. But there is no way in hell I would look down on someone who didnt go. shyt they are prolly smarter than me for not shackling themselves in all this debt :pachaha:

All you really need is work experience to land your ass a good job. Work experience you can get by simply doing a intern for a reputable company. You dont need a 100,000 degree to land your ass a internship lol

it has nothing at all to do with color, it has everything to with pride in oneself

if MJ was lazy and apathetic would we have been able to witness the best basketball player ever to step foot on this planet?

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
One semester in highschool, my grades were five F's and one C. It was closely like that through three years of highschool. I had to take homeschool for half a semester and summer classes to get 55 credits done for the first half of my senior year to graduate.

In college I have a 3.8 GPA, as a Physics major. Which included 3 semesters of Calculus-based Physics and Calc I-III, with nothing but A's in all of them. I finished all except Calc III with the highest grade in the class.

aixenv

Lakers World Order
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Also, you misconstrue my comments (if part of that was directed at me). I am _NOT_ mocking or looking down on anyone who had lower grades. If you tried your best and all you could do was Cs? then more power to you

I have told my kids that as long as they try their best and can look me in the eye and their best is a C or D, then it is what it is. What i won't tolerate is laziness and apathy. If you COULD get an A if you applied yourself and you instead got a D because you didnt goto school, didnt read the subject, etc etc. then you are a clown and are putting yourself behind the 8-ball so early in life before you EVEN get a chance to get started.

So please don't confuse what I'm saying. I am not hating on people who couldn't get good grades and tried. I'm sad and disappointed at all the people who are apathetic, didn't try, and find some pride in that and think it's cool or just don't care.

Where would the world be if Malcolm X or Dr Martin Luther King didn't care?

How do you think he got that "Dr" on his name.. by skipping school and never trying?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Also, you misconstrue my comments (if part of that was directed at me). I am _NOT_ mocking or looking down on anyone who had lower grades. If you tried your best and all you could do was Cs? then more power to you

I have told my kids that as long as they try their best and can look me in the eye and their best is a C or D, then it is what it is. What i won't tolerate is laziness and apathy. If you COULD get an A if you applied yourself and you instead got a D because you didnt goto school, didnt read the subject, etc etc. then you are a clown and are putting yourself behind the 8-ball so early in life before you EVEN get a chance to get started.

So please don't confuse what I'm saying. I am not hating on people who couldn't get good grades and tried. I'm sad and disappointed at all the people who are apathetic, didn't try, and find some pride in that and think it's cool or just don't care.

Where would the world be if Malcolm X or Dr Martin Luther King didn't care?

How do you think he got that "Dr" on his name.. by skipping school and never trying?

Nah its not even all that. John Goodman if I recall does real estate, and he is caking off it. He makes bread and is doing well for himself in his own right. What he was talking about was that education is not the end all be all in America. That you can be a entrepneur of just do things outside the box in general.

Thats why I found it funny because you were talking like he is some shelf boy at Walmart strictly based off his comments. When in reality homie is caking

aixenv

Lakers World Order
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah its not even all that. John Goodman if I recall does real estate, and he is caking off it. He makes bread and is doing well for himself in his own right. What he was talking about was that education is not the end all be all in America. That you can be a entrepneur of just do things outside the box in general.

Thats why I found it funny because you were talking like he is some shelf boy at Walmart strictly based off his comments. When in reality homie is caking

If you read all my comments, I said if he became a success then that's great, but are you going to seriously tell me that is the norm?

Again you guys are getting it twisted

I'm simply saying strive to be great at everything you do, _anything_

Let's please not act like 100% of people who dont try at school become a "success".

empower yourself, make the most out of book learning, learn the common sense/street smarts that can help you in life also

DonnyB

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Had a 3.4 and didn't go to college. One of my biggest regrets still thinking about taking the CC route

AceDeuce

I got a lot of challengers...
Daps
3.89 in high school...but a 1.99 (adjusted to 2.0) citizenship...Cali be on that bullshyt, I almost had to go back to the CHI to graduate over some damn citizenship :why::snoop:...