What Was One Significant Thing Iverson Did Significantly Better Than D Wade, Basketball-wise?

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
I mean I think both A.I and Wade are great, i'm not about to shyt on one over the other. However, don't say A.I's impact was a "meaningless mirage" because that simply isn't true. The best players of today whether it be Lebron or KD or Melo have sang praises for A.I and his impact on the game.

If you think Wade was a little better, that's fine. However I can pull a whole bunch of quotes from the best in the game who will disprove your assertion that his impact was a "meaningless mirage".

Oh and btw, A.I didn't get to play with Shaq and Lebron and Bosh :stopitslime:

Do you remember complaints from people he played with? For example, Chris Webber?

Daps
I mean I think both A.I and Wade are great, i'm not about to shyt on one over the other. However, don't say A.I's impact was a "meaningless mirage" because that simply isn't true. The best players of today whether it be Lebron or KD or Melo have sang praises for A.I and his impact on the game.

If you think Wade was a little better, that's fine. However I can pull a whole bunch of quotes from the best in the game who will disprove your assertion that his impact was a "meaningless mirage".

Oh and btw, A.I didn't get to play with Shaq and Lebron and Bosh :stopitslime:
It's meaningless when we talk about who's the better player. This thread is about the results ON THE COURT, not off it. I thought that was quite clear from the jump?

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
2j4o9wy.jpg

*looks at team*

*looks at PPG of each player*

Gee I wonder why they lost in the first round.
full

did @Jesus Shuttlesworth even respond to this ?

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
I'm just saying AI was never my favorite player.

I don't have a horse in the race, just speaking on what I saw. I never saw Wade in Iverson's category. I saw him win a chip young with a stack squad and a lot of help from the officials. Then I saw him fail to get out of the first round the rest of his career til Bron and Bosh came along. 2 more chips as a sidekick, still no jumper and countless games missed due to play-throughable injuries and he's better than Iverson? I just don't see it.

Wade left a lot to be desired where as I think Iverson damn near maximized all his potential.

That's just how I see it. :yeshrug:

this post sounds hella biased, but ok

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Okay, Wade is bigger. I'd hope he'd be better in the paint. Wade is strong as fukk. But when nikkas sag back to the foul line when you're at the top of the key, there's a problem. Imagine if Wade had a consistent jumper. nikkas used to sag off AI like that til he started taking and knocking that down. Wade outside the arc is a complete joke. That limits his inside game too because he can't blow by his man and break down a defense like Iverson could because they don't have to respect his outside shot.

If I had my pick, I'd take Iverson.
The thing is, he makes his 3's and long jumpers when he takes them. You don't have to be a great shooter to pull up and make the J when the D is sagging off. Lets not act like AI was a high percentage jump shooter either, he got most of his food in the paint just as Wade. All the times AI took those jumpers, Wade was getting to the basket STILL or making a play for somebody else, til this daybout to be 33, he is still one of the best finishers at the basket. Wade barely shot 3's and when he does, they are always contested shots off the dribble. I would not expect him to shoot a higher percentage until he takes more in rhythm.

On top of that, Wade has been the best Guard in the league at scoring on off ball cuts for 6+ seasons, meaning that defenders still play up on him when he is off the ball, so he still opens the floor up for others. AI and Wade have similar but sifferent strong points to theirn games, the strengths Wade brought/brings to the game are just more effective than AI's.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I'm just saying AI was never my favorite player.

I don't have a horse in the race, just speaking on what I saw. I never saw Wade in Iverson's category. I saw him win a chip young with a stack squad and a lot of help from the officials. Then I saw him fail to get out of the first round the rest of his career til Bron and Bosh came along. 2 more chips as a sidekick, still no jumper and countless games missed due to play-throughable injuries and he's better than Iverson? I just don't see it.

Wade left a lot to be desired where as I think Iverson damn near maximized all his potential.

That's just how I see it. :yeshrug:
Feel like a player who was out of the league at 34 maximized their potential breh's

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
It's meaningless when we talk about who's the better player. This thread is about the results ON THE COURT, not off it. I thought that was quite clear from the jump?

A.I's results on the court are what his impact is based off of, not just his arm sleeve and corn rows.

Since some nikka wants to make the immeasurable statement that Wade was a better on the ball defender...let's talk about how A.I had superior durability at a smaller size...and lasted longer than Wade has. Wade started falling off a few years ago, so we can use durability to talk up Kobe but not A.I? How Wade flops like a bytch non stop? how he roid raged on nikkas and had to be rested like he was Steve Nash as a Laker?

Daps
did @Jesus Shuttlesworth even respond to this ?
The better question would be has @Jesus Shuttlesworth responded to the FACT that Wade had multiple seasons with 1000+ jumpers at a 36%-40% rate, after he said Wade had no jumper and didn't even try to take jumpers and then try to play off his stupid Kobe/Shaq shooting ability comparison as an exaggeration.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
The thing is, he makes his 3's and long jumpers when he takes them. You don't have to be a great shooter to pull up and make the J when the D is sagging off. Lets not act like AI was a high percentage jump shooter either, he got most of his food in the paint just as Wade. All the times AI took those jumpers, Wade was getting to the basket STILL or making a play for somebody else, til this daybout to be 33, he is still one of the best finishers at the basket. Wade barely shot 3's and when he does, they are always contested shots off the dribble. I would not expect him to shoot a higher percentage until he takes more in rhythm.

On top of that, Wade has been the best Guard in the league at scoring on off ball cuts for 6+ seasons, meaning that defenders still play up on him when he is off the ball, so he still opens the floor up for others. AI and Wade have similar but sifferent strong points to theirn games, the strengths Wade brought/brings to the game are just more effective than AI's.

See now you're opening up all sorts of avenues. Now we have to consider coaching and schemes etc. But IMO, Iverson was better off the ball. Larry Brown turned him into a lil Reggie Miller, running off all them screens. That's what got them to the Finals.

And :mjlol: @ "to this day." nikka Wade missed like the last 3 games. :heh:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Feel like a player who was out of the league at 34 maximized their potential breh's

You know damn well he was black balled and still could have played. Either way at 34 you're past your prime, especially as a guard who utilized their athleticism so much (both A.I and Wade) so at that age it's all just gravy anyways.

Daps
But IMO, Iverson was better off the ball. Larry Brown turned him into a lil Reggie Miller, running off all them screens.
:heh:

Wade off the ball >.

While Iverson was trying to do his best Miller impression, shooting sub-40% jumpers, Wade was positioning himself closer to the hoop and completing at 60%+.