What stocks yall buying during this crash? Let's get this money

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You probably have 2 approaches:

More passive investing:
1) Put your money in in SPY ETF, which tracks the S&P 500, and forget about it.
2) Put your money in a combination of Different ETFs that reflect different industries (e.g., VGT or XLK for Tech / Information Services, XLF for Financials, XLP for Consumer Staples, XLV for Healthcare)

The benefit to the ETFs is that effectively represents a basket of stocks so there is implicit diversification that you don't need to do yourself

More active investing:
1) You can selectively pick your stocks. If you're new and want to do that, I'd recommend getting your feet wet with traditional blue chip stocks
2) As you develop more comfort and a bigger risk appetite, you can start thinking about more speculative plays

If you're going to be a more active investor, you want to 1) know how to read financial statements and 2) always pay attention to news specific to your company or sector that will impact trading.

Just to even orient yourself, spend some time watching and reading CNBC

All this and that is what I have been doing for years ETFs/Index Funds and blue chips. With my money diversified in bonds as well to protect myself.

Last edited:

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
nrz at 530 what yall think another 300 shares?
Thats your choice. U gotta follow the stock and its news. Any bad news or set backs, its gonna dip. And good news,ita gonna rise. No news. Its gonna stay steady.

Im probably gonna sell more off by june before the end of the 2nd quarter. The reason this stock will last that long is due to its low debt, high cash flow and government help. After that though, its a guessing game. Most expect it to drop unless Trump lifts the quaratine by then.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bought me some more xom, aiv, and vanguard vt today
Also got me a free wpx energy or some shyt

Superstar
Daps
i sold off Akoustis today for about double what i paid last month

it's prices seem to be about what it was at the beginning of the year & last year

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Thats your choice. U gotta follow the stock and its news. Any bad news or set backs, its gonna dip. And good news,ita gonna rise. No news. Its gonna stay steady.

Im probably gonna sell more off by june before the end of the 2nd quarter. The reason this stock will last that long is due to its low debt, high cash flow and government help. After that though, its a guessing game. Most expect it to drop unless Trump lifts the quaratine by then.

News is not a factor alone. Y all should learn the tecgmhbicals and candlesticks. Thats wht people missed out on Tesla and Disney et al.

Bad news doesnt mean stocks will drop.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Why? They paid 5 cent dividends on the 6th of april and payout ratio was 20 percent. Earnings reports the last two quarters were horrendous

Once again this is long term,thats why. When they go back to trading at $8+, ill sell

Also their revenue grew 13% in Q4 and they have half a billy in cash flow. Im not counting this quarters earning due to the virus. Lots of earnings will be low atm.

Last edited:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
News is not a factor alone. Y all should learn the tecgmhbicals and candlesticks. Thats wht people missed out on Tesla and Disney et al.

Bad news doesnt mean stocks will drop.

I already explained this thru PMs on here. What people do from there is on them. At bare minimum, they should follow news and earnings on stocks. Thats the advice im giving here.