What Solutions do you have in mind for fixing the black community?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Stop the OoW births, problem solved! ALL of our problems stem from this nuisance. But of course, that will never happen cause "go raw fill guuud! yum yum!". So effectively, most of us are doomed from the start

As such, just take care of you and your own and disregard the others. Get money as long as you're not actively selling out the others to do so. :manny:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
where are we now?

everything material white people go after, our black azzes follow right behind them to do the same thing even if we can't afford them

expensive homes, cars, jewelry so we can brag and look down on other blacks who don't have those things.

WE FORGOT HOW WE BECAME WEALTHY AND CIVILIZED BECAUSE WE REFUSE TO GO BACK AND LEARN AND STUDY THOSE THINGS.. WE RATHER WAIT AND LISTEN TO WHAT WHITE PEOPLE SAY IN TERMS ON HOW U SHOULD BECOME ALL THOSE THINGS U MENTION

I understand what you're saying. My issue is that when you live in a "good" neighborhood or have a nice home, people tell you that you're trying to be "white". They never ask what you did to get in that position. Not every black person with material things are trying to living like white people, they may have worked hard for it.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
The real issue is there isnt really a "Black Community".
We are diverse just like "White America" because we have been here just as long, and have the same American habits & customs.

The real issue is the poverty mindset.
Its not a race issue per se, it just so happens that black people in this country make up the bulk of the population in inner cities. Before there were black folks in the inner cities there were Irish, Italian, and Jewish immigrants in these areas....and guess who was responsible for the bulk of the Crime, children out of wedlock etc.... Those same white people in the inner cities.

My point is that black people are diverse. We have no single culture tying us together, no single country, no single language, no single religion...we are American.

We have to switch the poverty mindset, and just hustle. Value education and a strong work ethic, hold our own to higher standards, stop making excuses for those that kill one another, and have some pride.

There is no single solution...its only going to come in time.
But we must stop the nonsense of making excuses for the fukk up, while lifting up those that are doing good.

Im sorry, but some of these cats on the streets need to be locked up and forgotten about.

any black person that thinks different than the group is not a c00n...its just like those Tea Party white folks that call white people less conservative than then "Un American"....some of you sound just as stupid as those people that call other "Un American".

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
use logic over emotion.

I notice this about a lot of minorities and most white, esp successful, have this trait.

gotta train yourself to use logic and not let anger and hatred cloud your judgment.

probably the best way to better any community that feels they are being mistreated.

im prolly not the best example though cuz emotion has gotten the better of me damn near my whole life. i'm trying to use logic now though. you do make better decisions.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
For me it just standard issue stuff. Improve yourself, if you have family take care of them and be a positive example. All the other stuff is human nature stuff for the most part that will never be fully gotten rid of like hating. The only other thing I will say is people need to start picking better family units even if they themselves didn't come from one. That might be hard because if you didn't come from one you might not know what it looks like so that's why people should try to be positive on things like this maybe so others that don't know can see something for reference. Things like not having kids when your young (moreso HS to early 20's ) when you know the chances of having that family unit stand the test of time can also help. Also show there are more ways out than entertainment but at the same time if your gifted and or dedicated enough don't let nobody stop you because your just entertaining them. IMO it's better to entertain for 6,7,8 figures and beyond than doing what most do to survive. Last thing stop worrying about white people. They can still be here and we can still make it happen but all this "we gotta do better" scared to make moves cause you subconsciously thinking what others think mentality has to go.

sakano

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Acquire marketable skills.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlHWWeStSE"]Stop being anti-intellectual [/ame] Stop being anti-intellctual and learn to value education/learning.

Understand how whites were able to brainwash us, and how we can move. Tom Burrell wrote an excellent book on this very subject.

Stop having kids you can't raise.

Graduate from high school and preferably also from college/trade school.

Speak proper English and present yourself well.

Above all, treat each other with respect and consideration.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Burn down the schools and replace them with facilities that actually EDUCATE(bring out) more in the kids by teaching them and showing them their true history and knowledge of self. The bullshyt they teaching in schools today and of the past are racist and stealthily teaching inferiority.

Once the people know who they are and understand the external forces that made the hood what it is today, everything else would naturally fall in line.

The biggest issue I always see is that people chastise the youth for their behavior when it is simply that they are a product of their environment. The elders themselves also for the most part are clueless and try to bring solutions that sound good on paper but are at the same time not really practical. The crimes that run rampant throughout the hood are those stemming from low income. Low income because of what?? Again, the external forces of yesterday brought that into play. Not shakim who's selling crack. He didn't make crack, he simply found it and used it. If we can sympathize with other kids from other backgrounds who's minds are malleable and easily manipulated into doing wrong, why can't the same be done for our own?? Kids wielding weapons and committing crimes aren't in their true nature, it is learned behavior. Selling crack, gang banging and "hating" is probable behavior stemming from several factors. The source needs to be addressed and that's why knowledge of self is important. The person doing this won't understand his circumstances. Once they've been taught, if they still continue to not use their brain then that's on them. The issue isn't insurmountable you know.

Telling kids to study hard and go to school(basically indoctrinating themselves and putting their self into more debt) is hardly good. You have people bussing their asses going to school getting all these certificates to allow them to work for other people and at the end of the day these same cats don't know who they are. They again most likely will have integrated into the white community and will be on that :mjpls: "Pull yourself up by your own bootstrap" shyt that really ain't helping out in the grand scheme of things.

95.gif

u planning on sending ur children to schools?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Different priorities. Most black people's values directly reflect images pushed to them via the media. We have rappers and athletes that are worshipped, and black ppl attempt to emulate them, but where's our Steve Jobs?

whats ur ideas on how to change these misdirected priorties?

Daps
To start, i think negroes need to turn off their televisions and radios..........

these tools of confusion are being used to keep our minds on a constant state of distraction and confusion......

And I think this connects to my suggestion; controlling our bodies. Yes, the tube is taking too much of the job of raising our children. It's teaching them consumerism, individuality/"You're special", hedonism under the guise of "tolerance/acceptance," and sex.

We should not be hiding sexual education out our homes. They are going to learn somewhere.

A great book, Freakonomics, posits that violent crime may have peak in the 1980's, primarily because of lacks abortion laws coming into law.

Instead of aborting our babies; teach ourselves about our bodies.

Abstinence may not be for everyone, but, let's teach as many as possible and ask the others to hold off as long as possible.

We have this idea that; fractured families/two-house families work for everyone.

Yea, some people are able to raise children and have two separate lives. But, that doesn't work at large.

In short solidify the household. Keep the parents together and investing in the future of their children.

- Love, Mike

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
The real issue is there isnt really a "Black Community".
We are diverse just like "White America" because we have been here just as long, and have the same American habits & customs.

The real issue is the poverty mindset.
Its not a race issue per se, it just so happens that black people in this country make up the bulk of the population in inner cities. Before there were black folks in the inner cities there were Irish, Italian, and Jewish immigrants in these areas....and guess who was responsible for the bulk of the Crime, children out of wedlock etc.... Those same white people in the inner cities.

My point is that black people are diverse. We have no single culture tying us together, no single country, no single language, no single religion...we are American.

We have to switch the poverty mindset, and just hustle. Value education and a strong work ethic, hold our own to higher standards, stop making excuses for those that kill one another, and have some pride.

There is no single solution...its only going to come in time.
But we must stop the nonsense of making excuses for the fukk up, while lifting up those that are doing good.

Im sorry, but some of these cats on the streets need to be locked up and forgotten about.

any black person that thinks different than the group is not a c00n...its just like those Tea Party white folks that call white people less conservative than then "Un American"....some of you sound just as stupid as those people that call other "Un American".

The musing of a c00n

semtex

:)
Daps
whats ur ideas on how to change these misdirected priorties?
Shift the spotlight off modern day minstrels and onto people like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Mark Dean. I've literally never heard a black person mention their names. They receive no praise for what they do from the black community, but we all know who DOES. We have to reward intellectuals if we expect there to be aspiration towards that.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Shift the spotlight off modern day minstrels and onto people like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Mark Dean. I've literally never heard a black person mention their names. They receive no praise for what they do from the black community, but we all know who DOES. We have to reward intellectuals if we expect there to be aspiration towards that.

But how do you realistically make that shift? And how do you make people aware of the names you mentioned? I, personally have never heard of them before ur post.

semtex

:)
Daps
But how do you realistically make that shift? And how do you make people aware of the names you mentioned? I, personally have never heard of them before ur post.
Well, currently we don't even talk about them. So their names being brought up AT ALL would be a significant change. We need to take it a step further and REWARD them visibly. Introduce the black community to them through BET or TV One (via short segments each day, perhaps cool facts about the universe) just to spark intellectual curiosity and show black kids that it's cool to be intelligent and that they will be rewarded for it.