What Sets Nintendo Apart From Sony and Microsoft?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't understand how people still buy this stuff. Maybe because todays parents grew up on it and they buy it for their kids.
It's just inferior..it has been since N64. They've been behind the curve for over two decades. Embarassingly behind. People buy their hardware to play 5 to 10 games per generation.
They market their product to children, and produce quality games.

It's really not hard to understand, Nintendo will always be the goto console for introducing kids to video games.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nintendo is a video game company. Sony and Microsoft aren't. If Nintendo's video game product fails the company goes under. If Xbox fails it's barely a blip on the radar. If PlayStation fails Sony has other products. Nintendo had to succeed at gaming no matter what. After PlayStation ate their lunch they took a look at gaming and charted a path to success like a company that depends on the business would. There's a sense of desperation the other companies don't share.

When 3rd parties abandoned Nintendo they had to figure out how to succeed despite that.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
As gay as this is going to sound, they just have more life in their games. It’s not something you can put a quantity on but play something like pikmin or a Mario game and it seems like the developers care about the work they do. Not to say Microsoft and others don’t but their games are soulless in comparison. I haven’t got a switch but the last time I really cared for gaming was when I was active on my Wii U.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I saw the new Zelda trailer and was shocked by the comments about how beautiful it looks and thought I was crazy :gucci:. Nintendo knows how to milk the games they are known for and tap into kids and adults that still want to feel like a kid in 87.
That shyt literally look like the same game as the last one. Sony and Microsoft would get killed pulling some shyt like that right now. Lol

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
As opposed to what, they don’t get big 3rd party games, and when they do it runs like shyt.
I get why it's like that. it was just an interesting statistic

when I browse their shop I see a lot of indie games and such (many of those are also on PC)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:yeshrug: Nintendo is literally Disney of video games. They don’t give af, and will do what they want. And the gaming community will fall in line. Nintendo sold people cardboard, and was serious about that shyt.

That shyt literally look like the same game as the last one. Sony and Microsoft would get killed pulling some shyt like that right now. Lol

Whats also very telling is people dragging sony for charging 70 dollars games, asking where all the money is going, why they are doing it, looking for justifications for why their big budget AAA games need to be 10 dollars more.

Nintendo comes out and they’re like “well, we’re gonna charge an extra 10 dollars for zelda, why? Because fukk you, thats why :yeshrug:“ and everyone was like:ehh:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
The replayability in 2 of their big 3 franchises.

Not being afraid to take chances....

...and also remain conservative in certain aspects

Last edited:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I saw the new Zelda trailer and was shocked by the comments about how beautiful it looks and thought I was crazy :gucci:. Nintendo knows how to milk the games they are known for and tap into kids and adults that still want to feel like a kid in 87.
Same. That shyt did not look good at all.