What Really Happened in the Congo: Belgium’s ‘Heart of Darkness’

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Well we already know that Nigeria is likely inevitable to be the first Black African nation with this weapon....

But I think we should focusing on practicing group economics and creating our own iconic devices and companies from the "Apple's " and "IBMS" by borrowing ideas from them but going above and beyond...

Africa used to be raped of her human wealth....now she is still strung up ....but robbed of mineral wealth

no amount of money or education is gonna make them treat us any different. so while we're doing all these group economics and iconic devices they will be right behind us with gun to shoot us in the back and steal more shyt.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I assume everyone here has seen this but I will mention it just in case

White King, Red Rubber, Black Death (2004)
The story of King Leopold II of Belgium's brutal colonization of central Africa, turning it into a vast rubber-harvesting labour camp in which millions died.

Good post. This was the movie that made me hate Devilpold. I can't even imagine the book version. :lupe:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Well we already know that Nigeria is likely inevitable to be the first Black African nation with this weapon....

But I think we should focusing on practicing group economics and creating our own iconic devices and companies from the "Apple's " and "IBMS" by borrowing ideas from them but going above and beyond...

Africa used to be raped of her human wealth....now she is still strung up ....but robbed of mineral wealth

Breh, Nigeria doesn't even know how to produce adequate electricity or clean water for their citizens. Nothing will get done there. It is the most internally divided county on the planet...I dare someone to choose another that is more divided than Nigeria. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Nigeria is not the hope of Africa or black people, it is the laughing stock of Africa and black people worldwide.

The only thing that black people can hope for is a complete paradigm shift. I'm talk a plague that decimates and paralyzes the white population to the point that will hand over their wealth and their daughters just to pass down something to future generations. Another possibility is China going to war with Europeans and both destroying themselves beyond recognition and Africa rises back to prominence. If a world war pops off, I am

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am what? Your gonna leave us? :damn: finish the sentence.

And Nigeria does have a bad reputation in general....this is true....

Breh, Nigeria doesn't even know how to produce adequate electricity or clean water for their citizens. Nothing will get done there. It is the most internally divided county on the planet...I dare someone to choose another that is more divided than Nigeria. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Nigeria is not the hope of Africa or black people, it is the laughing stock of Africa and black people worldwide.

The only thing that black people can hope for is a complete paradigm shift. I'm talk a plague that decimates and paralyzes the white population to the point that will hand over their wealth and their daughters just to pass down something to future generations. Another possibility is China going to war with Europeans and both destroying themselves beyond recognition and Africa rises back to prominence. If a world war pops off, I am

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Over half of the population in the Congo died in less than 20 years. Somehow, we skip over the single greatest human atrocity in history.
They're just black Africans so no one cared. Its only recently that white people considered Africans human, hence the reason Leopld was allowed to rape and pillage for so long.

underestimate the evilness of cacs brehs...

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Don't be so quick to write off Nigeria as a hopeless cause. I recently took a trip there and saw alot of progress. In a bout 10 years Nigeria will be dramatically improved. Tons of Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, and Arabs are moving there in droves.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

I swear your perspective on Nigeria is real interesting to me. I'm a Fela Kuti stan so I hear him talkin shyt about the Nigerian govt a lot. It's still a lot that I need to learn to understand that side of the continent.

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Don't be so quick to write off Nigeria as a hopeless cause. I recently took a trip there and saw alot of progress. In a bout 10 years Nigeria will be dramatically improved. Tons of Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, and Arabs are moving there in droves.

I have been to Nigeria more than a dozen times from '88 to '05. After '05, I have seen all I needed to see about that country. In about 10 years, Nigeria will be a fallen state. It is not built to last, it was built for colonial exploitation and anything beyond that is not going to work. I will up this post, if I am still posting on this site. Black people view progress as a few people enjoying life while the masses that suffer continue to grow larger. My dad is there half the year and does business there. Inflation of the Naira and Chinese outsiders have hurt his business. My dad went to secondary school in Aba, a city that was known throughout Africa for manufacturing. Today, those manufacturing plants are practically dead and the Chinese are taking over. He was born in the late 40s and has a deep knowledge about the country. My mom just got back from there two weeks ago. My parents will tell you that things were better 50 years ago that it is now. Go and ask any Nigerian old enough to know. The political system is a mess and has always been. That is why exploitation of resources and people are at an all time high. Nigerian universities can't even last an entire school year without a strike because instructors are not being paid. Bribing police so that you can get past a checkpoint. Bad roads, terrible health care system, lack of electricity, lack of clean water, terrorist attacks. That is not progress breh.

Do you realize that NNPC says that 20 billion USD is missing from their oil revenue? Ethnic and religious conflict is constant there and is extremely easy for the greedy and outsiders to exploit. Visit Nigeria during election year 2015 and see if you have the same opinion about Nigeria. Even when Abacha was ruling, people would come back to the US telling us how Nigeria is getting better and Abuja is so nice and people are living a good life and building mansions, etc. That in their mind was progress.

What do you think those Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, and Arabs are there for? They are there to sign government contracts and make money. Are the locals benefiting from this? Do you know about the coal mining in Enugu that the Chinese got? Do you know how many people died doing coal mining for the evil cac British under colonialism? The Chinese will be no better. Lebanese are coming to take construction projects and make millions instead of giving it to Nigerians that have constructional engineering experience and knowledge. Go to the Niger Delta and see who is making money there. It is not the people of that region. It is northerners and outsiders from other countries. Would an American seeing Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, and Arabs coming to the US and becoming millionaires overnight be considered progress?

Naira value compared to USD

972 0.658
1973 0.658
1974 0.63
1975 0.616
1976 0.62
1977 0.647
1978 0.606
1979 0.596
1980 0.550
1981 0.61
1982 0.673
1983 0.724
1984 0.765
1985 0.894
1986 2.02
1987 4.02
1988 4.54
1989 7.39
1990 7.39
1991 8.04
1992 9.91
1993 17.30
1994 22.33
1995 21.89
1996 21.89
1997 21.89
1998 21.89
1999 21.89
2000 85.98
2001 99-106
2002 109-113
2003 114-127
2004 127-130
2005 132-136
2006 128.50-131.80
2007 120-125
2008 115.50-120
2009 145-171

Be honest and tell me if this progress?

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I am what? Your gonna leave us? :damn: finish the sentence.

And Nigeria does have a bad reputation in general....this is true....

:russ: I just realized that I didn't finish the sentence...sorry for the suspense :youngsabo:

If a world war pops off, I am not going into the US draft. Fukk these cacs, I will not be their pawn. We don't own shyt in this world to go across the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean to die for their ideals or their fukkin greed.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I swear your perspective on Nigeria is real interesting to me. I'm a Fela Kuti stan so I hear him talkin shyt about the Nigerian govt a lot. It's still a lot that I need to learn to understand that side of the continent.
real talk thats how i got interested in nigerian govt after hearing that ITT song
fela was so real man.. they had to kill him
tried to say it was aids :foh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
real talk thats how i got interested in nigerian govt after hearing that ITT song
fela was so real man.. they had to kill him
tried to say it was aids :foh:

lol, he stayed shyttin on the Nigerian govt its so many songs I can name he truly hated that govt. Yeah, when your influences are Malcolm X and Kwame Nkrumah, you make timeless music, and talk endless shyt about people with power then you'll surely be killed. Those jerks threw his mom out of a windows and killed her, it's a price to pay when you fight against the system. :lupe: