What pisses you off at the gym

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt like that be having me heated...gyms need to put courtesy rules up.

I don’t disagree but like I said none of it was to time and my gym isn’t a CF gym. My point was that we was using the lone platform during a weekday morning while taking his time.

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
Just read through this whole thread :russ:

One that annoys the shyt outta me is if I’m in the rack and you keep coming by when I already told you 15 minutes :stopitslime:don’t like it find something else to do. If I’m in a crunch I’ll substitute shyt instead of waiting.

Lotta folks be jacking my moves/routines. They see these gains might as well try what’s I’m doing :yeshrug:brehs even stealing my warmup routine w/a band :mjlol:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Just read through this whole thread :russ:

One that annoys the shyt outta me is if I’m in the rack and you keep coming by when I already told you 15 minutes :stopitslime:don’t like it find something else to do. If I’m in a crunch I’ll substitute shyt instead of waiting.

Lotta folks be jacking my moves/routines. They see these gains might as well try what’s I’m doing :yeshrug:brehs even stealing my warmup routine w/a band :mjlol:

I'll sample a routine in a heartbeat:heh:

Bad Newz

Rookie
Daps
All the locker room gripes are FACTS... I go to a mostly CAC and Asian gym and them mufukkas do they whole grooming routine butt ass nekkid in the locker room.... if you have shave, dye your hair, brush your teeth, and exfoliate your pores, do that shyt with a towel wrapped around you....

That and sitting in the sauna butt ass nekkid... again, use a towel.... no one wants to sit on the ball print you left on the bench...

rdot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I hate when muhfukkers don’t rack their weights. Was at the gym last night around midnight. Probably like 10 ppl max in there, and these 3 guys were in there with hella weights everywhere, bumping a fukkin speaker loud as shyt. They get through their lifts and just throw the weights and bounce. Had everyone else in there like
:mindblown::gucci:

Daps
C**k blocking white and brown dudes. You'll be on the treadmill with one empty treadmill next to you, a fine pawg on the one after that and then nothing but empty treadmills the rest of the way. WM and "others" will walk past all of the empty machines to get on the one between you and the pawg that's been checking you out. Then he'll "stretch" but somehow be facing her completely the whole time he's "stretching."

Dudes that grunt and make crazy loud noises despite not moving heavy weight. If you're benching 135 lbs, you don't need to act like Larry Allen or some shyt.

Dudes that use the squat rack to do incline bench press or bicep curls.

People that spend 5 minutes wiping equipment BEFORE they use it, but then hop right off after working out and not wiping again (nasty).

Gym staff and trainers that spend wayyyyyy too much time trying to be "friendly" with female members but act all weird and awkward when you ask them a simple question.

Dude bro that spends 90 minutes lifting, then hops on the treadmill and runs at 5.5 mph for 3 minutes acting like he's a Kenyan marathon runner. Regular strides bro.....regular strides.

Brehs that show up, warm up for a couple of minutes then start hitting 60" box jumps, making you wonder why you're the only breh that can't reach the net when jumping lol.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been at a new gym at a university where the average person there is ultra-dweebish. shyt has really compromised my gym experience. A lot of crack-skinny types pressing and curling 10-15 pounds dumbbells for mad sets. Other doing 30-45 pounds with herky-jerky form that makes me weep for their joints. People on cellphones for several minutes between sets. But the most egregious and infuriating thing is there seems to be a general lack of awareness of spatial etiquette. I've had dudes curling barbells near my face while I'm on the bench doing presses. Watched a goofball do several sets of pushups in front of the weight rack, which blocked people from getting to the weights. Another woman started jumping rope next to the chest fly machine and almost hit me in the face. If you have no idea how to use the gym, don't fukking come to the gym.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I hate when muhfukkers don’t rack their weights. Was at the gym last night around midnight. Probably like 10 ppl max in there, and these 3 guys were in there with hella weights everywhere, bumping a fukkin speaker loud as shyt. They get through their lifts and just throw the weights and bounce. Had everyone else in there like
:mindblown::gucci:
i hate attention seeking fakkits that come in the gym trying to impress other men :wrist::wrist::wrist:
making all that noise and taking all the weights to one machine. I go to a small gym so only like a couple girls in there at any given time.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Been at a new gym at a university where the average person there is ultra-dweebish. shyt has really compromised my gym experience. A lot of crack-skinny types pressing and curling 10-15 pounds dumbbells for mad sets. Other doing 30-45 pounds with herky-jerky form that makes me weep for their joints. People on cellphones for several minutes between sets. But the most egregious and infuriating thing is there seems to be a general lack of awareness of spatial etiquette. I've had dudes curling barbells near my face while I'm on the bench doing presses. Watched a goofball do several sets of pushups in front of the weight rack, which blocked people from getting to the weights. Another woman started jumping rope next to the chest fly machine and almost hit me in the face. If you have no idea how to use the gym, don't fukking come to the gym.

thats why 95% of my workout is done through compound movements in the power rack, no one bothers you

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
My gym is pretty big and has a basketball court. my biggest pet peeve is when mufukkers dribble the ball in the weight room. I got youngbloodz blasting in my headphones and I'm jonesn from this preworkout, and these high school fakkits wanna break my focus:gucci:

if I got my headphones in and I feel like a nikka looking at me a lil too long or I just make eye contact w someone in general:birdman:

When people who look like shyt try to overly give advice and be in ya business:childplease:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
For me, its new years time, all these here today gone tomorrow people joining just to be gone next week. Also finishing up your last rep, you see the next machine/iso, or bench thats available ready to use. Then as you finish your rep, someone takes it while you're on the way there :mad:
More people crowding the gym isn't a big deal.
Crop dusting, that's plain disgusting.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
C**k blocking white and brown dudes. You'll be on the treadmill with one empty treadmill next to you, a fine pawg on the one after that and then nothing but empty treadmills the rest of the way. WM and "others" will walk past all of the empty machines to get on the one between you and the pawg that's been checking you out. Then he'll "stretch" but somehow be facing her completely the whole time he's "stretching."

There are two rows of treadmills in my gym, one row in front of another row. Then, the TVs are in front so both rows can watch.
Anyway, one day, all the treadmills are full on the one end (the other end has a row of treadmills behind a row of ellipticals). There's a black woman wearing spandex leggings and a bubble butt doing probably 5 MPH jogging. She was a legit 9. I got in the one unoccupied treadmill right behind hers.
I could see the thirsty bros walking by me (between the treadmills its wide enought to walk through) like "Daayyyammmn....."

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned, but I hate when people come close to me while I'm squatting or deadlifting. There's one rack in my gym and its away from all of the other bullshyt. WHY are these mutants bicep curling where they see the fukking end of the barbell that's on my back?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Oh and fukk those New Year's Resolutionists :pachaha:

@The ADD don't ask why I tagged you...edit: you dapped me lmao didn't realize.