What PG was better than Steve Nash in the last 30 years?

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
that was more about the teams then the PG's...you put Nash on the bad boys and they win 4 championship and make jordan wait before he can solidify himself.

Stockton could not shoot like Nash and it's easy when you have the all time scoring leader on your team to tally assists. Although, Stockton did it right and I hold him in high regard.

You put Nash on the bad boys and be woulda got beat up by his teammates and sat on the bench. Cause if you didn't play D for chuck daly you wasn't seeing the court.

But I would bet money that your a cac under 24 that knows nothing about the greatness of isiah Thomas.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I ain't een wanna mention that breh. What we're witnessing in this thread is the patented rewriting of history at all costs by the cunning and cruel animal known as the Cac. The Cac will ignore obvious things and shrug them off as mere coincidences. The mind of the Cac considers an 81 point performance as "just a one time fluke" and not deserving of the MVP even though the culprits team was down before said culprit got off his ass and decided to do something about it. The Cac will shrug a 63 point performance in which the opposing team was outscored by one player as "beginner's luck". The Cac will write that performance of even though said performance was so good that the culprit didnt even have to play in the fourth quarter because he did so much damage early on. This my breh is the Cac. Be careful for the Cac my attempt to rewrite your history if you aren't vigilant

:russ: Did this nikka really say that Steve Nash was African like that mean somethin?

On the low cac basketball fans might be worse than Lebron and Heat stans cuz they so predictable.

Breh: Who your favorite team?

Cac: The Mavericks

Breh: :comeon: oh yeah? You from Dallas or something?

Cac: Nah I just love Dirk :mjpls: I was so stoked when they beat that punk lebron and the heat :mjpls:

Breh: who else you like?

Cac: Jimmer Fredette :mjpls:

Breh: :beli: word?

Cac: yeah he would be an all star in Sacramento if that thug cousins wasn't eating his minutes up :mjpls:

Breh: :snoop:
:lawd::lawd::lawd:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You're attempting to mislead the Coli. If you want to argue that Nash was a better three-point shooter than Stockton - despite the fact that Stockton didn't need to rely on his three point shot as indicated by Nash taking double the amount of 3-point attempts - then fine. However, to just completely generalize and say "Stockton couldn't shoot like Nash" is failing to paint a complete picture:

1) Freethrows:Though Stockton shot only 82% to Nash' 90% - Stockton also attempted 5,796 freethrows in his career compared to Nash' 3,372.

This tells me two things, one, Stockton was a much more consistent & effective penetrator deep into the hole, in a much more physical era. And 2, Stockton was much more durable than Nash, you give Nash that many FT attempts and most likely he's not even able to play anymore due to injury. And who knows if his FT percentage stays at 90% when many of today's flagrants were normal fouls during the Stockton era.

2) Stockton shot 51.5% in 1,504 games played to Nash 49% in 1,208 games played. If anything, Nash couldn't shoot like Stockon - as indicated by the mathematics.

3) Nash couldn't force turnovers well as Stockton as reflected by the steals numbers: Stockton 2.2 (3,265 for his career) to Nash' 0.7 (894 for his career)

4) Nash couldn't block shots as well as Stockton - 0.2 (315 for his career) to Nash' 0.1 (101)

5) Stockton's career assist number 10.5 (15,806 for his career) to Nash' 8.5 (10,278)

I know OP is going to penalize Stockton for playing alongside Karl Malone by stating Nash' assist numbers would be similar had he played with Malone.
My response to that? Impossible....In Stockton's 19 seasons in the NBA, he played an astounding 82 games in 16 different seasons!!!! Nash, in his 18 seasons, has played an entire 82 games only twice. I want to see OP credit Karl Malone for Stockton's durability. Again, this was in a much more physical era.

Where you can give Nash an edge:
ppg - 14.3 to Stockton's 13.1,
total rebounds - 3.0 to Stockton's 2.7;
and 3pt % - 42% to Stockton's 38%.

Overall, Stockton was much closer to Nash offensively than Nash was to Stockton defensively. In my opinion, there's two sides to basketball, offensive and defensive. Nash has always been a tremendous liability on defense, which affects his overall legacy. Had he committed himself to defense as Stockton did, his scoring and assist numbers might have suffered. You can't be better than Stockton when you're only great on one side of the ball.

Stockton's longevity rivals anyone in professional sports not named Cal Ripken or Jerry Rice, and he played both sides of the ball.

Note: Stockton only has one more season under his belt (in case OP tries to use length of career as an argument).

Stockton was so low key about his offensive game too, was sneaky smooth.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Stockton couldn't shoot like Nash...I have Stockton in my top 5 though
he shot at higher percentage over his career than nash did and played supremely better defense.
nash d = :gag:

Plus he led the league in assists damn near every year of his prime.

Stockton is at least top 3 PG all time.

Nash is somewhere in the top 10

Comparing their statlines when they were both 26 in their primes

Stockton 17ppg :ehh:13 apg :gladbron: 3.2 steals per game :blessed: .538fg% :jawalrus: .2423p% :patrice: yeah not a great 3 point shooter his only weakness but he came through in the clutch though :ufdup:

I'll use nash's 27 year old stats to be fair cause he was :gag: up until then

Nash 18 ppg:obama: 8 apg:ehh: .6 steals per game :patrice: .483fg% :manny: .4553p%:whoo:

nash didn't even average close to double digit assists until he was 30 and his scoring number weren't any higher than stocktons
that plus his lack of d and stocktons legendary d makes them miles apart,

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he shot at higher percentage over his career than nash did and played supremely better defense.
nash d = :gag:

Plus he led the league in assists damn near every year of his prime.

Stockton is at least top 3 PG all time.

Nash is somewhere in the top 10

Comparing their statlines when they were both 26 in their primes

Stockton 17ppg :ehh:13 apg :gladbron: 3.2 steals per game :blessed: .538fg% :jawalrus: .2423p% :patrice: yeah not a great 3 point shooter his only weakness but he came through in the clutch though :ufdup:

I'll use nash's 27 year old stats to be fair cause he was :gag: up until then

Nash 18 ppg:obama: 8 apg:ehh: .6 steals per game :patrice: .483fg% :manny: .4553p%:whoo:

nash didn't even average close to double digit assists until he was 30 and his scoring number weren't any higher than stocktons
that plus his lack of d and stocktons legendary d makes them miles apart,

Nash FG% is skewed due to the # of 3's he took, but I have no problem with Stockton being the 2nd best PG over Nash, then Nash, then Isaiah Thomas.

However Nash = 2x MVP still trumps stockton.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You put Nash on the bad boys and be woulda got beat up by his teammates and sat on the bench. Cause if you didn't play D for chuck daly you wasn't seeing the court.

But I would bet money that your a cac under 24 that knows nothing about the greatness of isiah Thomas.

Isaiah Thomas the coach for New York or the president of the now defunct CBA?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nash FG% is skewed due to the # of 3's he took, but I have no problem with Stockton being the 2nd best PG over Nash, then Nash, then Isaiah Thomas.

However Nash = 2x MVP still trumps stockton.
nash isn't number 3 either. :snoop:

duke is number 8 or 9.

Magic
Oscar
Stockton
Isiah
Walt Frazier
Cousy
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Gary Payton

Nash and Payton are tied because both were mainly one way players just on opposite ends.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nash isn't number 3 either. :snoop:

duke is number 8 or 9.

he's #2 - but I don't mind if there's a debate over 2, 3, or 4 with Nash, STockton, and Cousy being the discussion. Beyond that, I'm not even listening or taking yall negroes seriously.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
he's #2 - but I don't mind if there's a debate over 2, 3, or 4 with Nash, STockton, and Cousy

ltZKRVM.png