What PG was better than Steve Nash in the last 30 years?

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I should've known better than to talk basketball with a cac. Answer my question. If Nash had those numbers in two different games and led the league in scoring that year but didnt win MVP would you say he got robbed?
not if kobe put up Nash #s

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your logic is shaky at best as you clearly devalue the ability to make everyone around you better as being highly important. Your logic also leaves a lot to be desired as most of the so called personal accolades as many ringless "stars" will tell you would be traded in for a ring including your guy Nash. It is for this reason than many find your thought and points weak as it relates to true value and "all time" status.

logic is shaky? So the fact that he and magic the only multiple repeat MVP point guards in the last 30 years so that puts him above all the other PGs is illogical?

so John Paxon has 3 rings...does that make him better than Chris Paul? How is that for logic?

You don't devalue how great someone is because they didn't win a team championship that's just stupid

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
stockton is clearly number 2 all time.

career leader in assists by far
and in steals

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I would put slightly above Thomas and barely above Stockton and slightly below Magic Johnson.

:stopitslime:

Stopped reading after the bolded, when I should have stopped reading after the "slightly above Thomas" bullsh1t.

Last edited:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
OP is trolling. He's a white poster who trolls black people on some subtly racist shyt, and sometimes pretends he's black. He's been doing that for a while now. He knows that "but he won 2 MVPs!" argument is bogus.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is trolling. He's a white poster who trolls black people on some subtly racist shyt, and sometimes pretends he's black. He's been doing that for a while now. He knows that "but he won 2 MVPs!" argument is bogus.

I don't see what's far fetched about a 2x MVP being called a top 2 PG ever...let you tell it and we are talking about Steve Kerr or some bum.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Stockton couldn't shoot like Nash...I have Stockton in my top 5 though

You're attempting to mislead the Coli. If you want to argue that Nash was a better three-point shooter than Stockton - despite the fact that Stockton didn't need to rely on his three point shot as indicated by Nash taking double the amount of 3-point attempts - then fine. However, to just completely generalize and say "Stockton couldn't shoot like Nash" is failing to paint a complete picture:

1) Freethrows:Though Stockton shot only 82% to Nash' 90% - Stockton also attempted 5,796 freethrows in his career compared to Nash' 3,372.

This tells me two things, one, Stockton was a much more consistent & effective penetrator deep into the hole, in a much more physical era. And 2, Stockton was much more durable than Nash, you give Nash that many FT attempts and most likely he's not even able to play anymore due to injury. And who knows if his FT percentage stays at 90% when many of today's flagrants were normal fouls during the Stockton era.

2) Stockton shot 51.5% in 1,504 games played to Nash 49% in 1,208 games played. If anything, Nash couldn't shoot like Stockon - as indicated by the mathematics.

3) Nash couldn't force turnovers well as Stockton as reflected by the steals numbers: Stockton 2.2 (3,265 for his career) to Nash' 0.7 (894 for his career)

4) Nash couldn't block shots as well as Stockton - 0.2 (315 for his career) to Nash' 0.1 (101)

5) Stockton's career assist number 10.5 (15,806 for his career) to Nash' 8.5 (10,278)

I know OP is going to penalize Stockton for playing alongside Karl Malone by stating Nash' assist numbers would be similar had he played with Malone.
My response to that? Impossible....In Stockton's 19 seasons in the NBA, he played an astounding 82 games in 16 different seasons!!!! Nash, in his 18 seasons, has played an entire 82 games only twice. I want to see OP credit Karl Malone for Stockton's durability. Again, this was in a much more physical era.

Where you can give Nash an edge:
ppg - 14.3 to Stockton's 13.1,
total rebounds - 3.0 to Stockton's 2.7;
and 3pt % - 42% to Stockton's 38%.

Overall, Stockton was much closer to Nash offensively than Nash was to Stockton defensively. In my opinion, there's two sides to basketball, offensive and defensive. Nash has always been a tremendous liability on defense, which affects his overall legacy. Had he committed himself to defense as Stockton did, his scoring and assist numbers might have suffered. You can't be better than Stockton when you're only great on one side of the ball.

Stockton's longevity rivals anyone in professional sports not named Cal Ripken or Jerry Rice, and he played both sides of the ball.

Note: Stockton only has one more season under his belt (in case OP tries to use length of career as an argument).