What PG was better than Steve Nash in the last 30 years?

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
he made all those players ALL STARS

riddle me this, in that collection how many MVP awards are their outside of Magic ?
A better question would in that collection how many took their teams to the finals or How many won a championship? those are something you earn with your play and not a vote

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im thinking of Mark Price's prime from like 88-94 when he blew his knee out the 2nd time.

Price was the 2nd player in that 50-40-90 club after Larry Bird and did it twice.

compared to Nash's 5 times and basically his whole career he teetered on the 50-40-90

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nash while solid never led his teams to a title. He had Dirk, he had Amare, he had Marion, he had plenty...but no rings. He is no doubt a helluva player but he should never be discussed as all time material.

A better question would in that collection how many took their teams to the finals or How many won a championship? those are something you earn with your play and not a vote

It's a team spot...Nash has the hardware as the best player in the NBA period. You discounting that because he doesn't have a championship is ridiculous. Is Karl Malone not an alltime great PF (at least top 5) because he does't have a championship?

how many players have yall listed to troll this thread don't have a championship?

Paul, Price, KJ, Stockton, Williams, etc etc. Everyone you're saying his better than Nash, does NOT have a championship nor a MVP - only Magic and Thomas, which I named in my top 5 and Cousy. So what the fukk are yall saying?

Now watch how you move and slide the bar, to keep Nash off a list where he surely belongs on top of the list slightly below Magic

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
It's a team spot...Nash has the hardware as the best player in the NBA period. You discounting that because he doesn't have a championship is ridiculous. Is Karl Malone not an alltime great PF (at least top 5) because he does't have a championship?

how many players have yall listed to troll this thread don't have a championship?

Paul, Price, KJ, Stockton, Williams, etc etc. Everyone you're saying his better than Nash, does NOT have a championship nor a MVP - only Magic and Thomas, which I named in my top 5 and Cousy. So what the fukk are yall saying?

Now watch how you move and slide the bar, to keep Nash off a list where he surely belongs on top of the list slightly below Magic
Out of the 9 I posted 5 have championship and 3 took their team to the finals. Nash hasn't it done any of that. Nash was the reason why his team couldn't make it to the finals. His poor defense allowed below average pgs to score too much and help their team defeat Nash's teams. And to me the MVP is null and void if you can't even defeat teams that you are better than

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

So MVP = best player in the league now?

Nash wasn't even top 5 in both of the years he won it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im thinking of Mark Price's prime from like 88-94 when he blew his knee out the 2nd time.

Price was the 2nd player in that 50-40-90 club after Larry Bird and did it twice.

That's Nash's CAREER average....17 years....nearly double that of Mark Price

I think Nash was better at getting into the lane, also.

But I can't really knock Price.I understand where you're coming from.Price is one of the top 5 shooters I've ever seen.Steve Kerr with actual pg skills

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's Nash's CAREER average....17 years....nearly double that of Mark Price

I think Nash was better at getting into the lane, also.

But I can't really knock Price.I understand where you're coming from.Price is one of the top 5 shooters I've ever seen.Steve Kerr with actual pg skills
yeah, my comment is only about shooting. Nash was a better player than Price.

Price had only had a 5 year career. He was done by 29, but dude was a great point guard and a great shooter.

If you say Nash is a better shooter, I wouldnt knock it at all.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I'm assuming that the OP is the type of person who tries to argue why Bird was better than Jordan. :lolbron:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See the main issue I have with dumb troll threads like this, is that it just breeds more ignorance

The people in here acting like Nash was some system scrub need to :camby:

Those PHX teams were some of the most exciting teams Ive ever seen Nash's ability to weave through a defense while maintaining his dribble was a special thing that you dont see from many players, coupled with his shooting and passing.... he was unreal during that stretch and nobody can tell me otherwise