What Now Kyle? 2024 49ers Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me and everyone else was telling Kyle to draft a tackle because of Trents age contract and health :manny: he drafted a low ceiling WR instead :martin:
I don’t blame Trent for doing this money grab, they only have themselves to blame.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Good afternoon 49ers. It's about that time where we look at the team from the stars to the fringe players. Players are graded from an F to an A+ based on performance and potential. A total grade is not assigned as the average but more so my opinion on their future contributions.

So let's get the ball rolling and have a look at our Quarterbacks...

Quarterbacks

Brock Purdy - Only 2 season's ago Brock Purdy was just a random Mr. Irrelevant to star QB who has been to 2 NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance where he played respectably.
Purdy has all the room upstairs to be an elite QB. Known to be a film junkie (including his own) he can pick apart opposing defenses with extreme accuracy from the close and mid level throws. While he doesn't have a rocket launcher of an arm he can throw pretty reliably I would say up to 30 yards which is all you need in a Shanahan offense. On top of that he has built his body over the past year or so to make plays with his feet and take contact. You won't mistake him for Lamar Jackson but he is athletic enough to move the chains with his legs. He needs to continue to work on his ability to play off 'script' but in the scheme of of offense Brock has proven he can play with the big boys.

Performance: B+
Potential: B+
Overall: B+

Joshua Dobbs - Former late round Steelers pick. Joshua Dobbs has not risen to the dark horse QB people would have hoped he would be as a 4th round pick. On paper he has all the physical tools. Great arm and a very good athlete but the consistency is what has eluded him. He has made elite throws and head scratchers sometimes in the same game. A stint in San Francisco could revitalize his career the way it did for Sam Darnold. Brian Griese is one of the NFLs premier QB coaches now and Josh being the aerospace engineering major he was is smart enough to know this. He basically took no money to join the team and he is fighting for the #2 spot behind Brock Purdy. But he has to also prove he can be consistent enough for Kyle Shanahan to risk starting him over Brandon Allen.

Performance: C-
Potential: C
Overall: C-

Brandon Allen - Veteran QB who has been around the league for some time. Allen has precious few starts in the NFL and I would have liked for us to bring in a veteran but Kyle seems to think he is worth keeping around at what amounts to too much money for a third stringer.

Performance: D
Potential: F
Overall: D-

Tanner Mordecai - Rookie from Wisconsin. Mordecai had a rough last season as a badger getting pushed around in the division and suffering a broken hand. Despite this Mordecai has years of collegiate experience and is also a very athletic QB. I expect him to be a practice squad stash as he works on refining his throwing mechanics and adjusts to NFL level defenses. I would consider him a developmental prospect even though he and Brock Purdy are around the same age.

Performance: D-
Potential: C-
Overall: D+

Unit Analysis: Not Complicated. If Purdy stays healthy this is an 11-13 win team. If Either Josh Dobbs or Brandon Allen start for extended periods of time then the season is over anyway. So we just have to hope the offensive line does their job.

Unit Grade: B

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Damn

Thats crazy to me that Levi’s stadium is ranked so low and the Panthers and Hornets are above it

As much as I hate the Cowboys, to have that stadium ranked that low is ridiculous. There's no bad seats and parking is as painless as it gets for a stadium that size. I've also played there before and it was an amazing experience.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
As much as I hate the Cowboys, to have that stadium ranked that low is ridiculous. There's no bad seats and parking is as painless as it gets for a stadium that size. I've also played there before and it was an amazing experience.
Yup. I agree. One of the best stadiums I've been to. Great stadium, garbage team. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.