What Nobody Tells You About Moving to Ghana

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Man I'll just say this. In Western society you can just go set up shop without knowing the ropes and succeed through trial end error.

In non Western society you gotta plug yourself in with good people first to show you the ropes then learn the ropes.

Articles like this are for people who just jumped in without intense research and got finessed.

I as an American born Nigerian have to be plugged in to survive and do business in Nigeria.

The good news is Africans in general are very nice people so it's not hard to get plugged in first.

That's one reason why the diaspora wars are so counterproductive.

Make friends with a Ghanain American. Ask to travel to Ghana with them and hook up with a guide.

Be humble and network. Have proxies get you settled. It is what it is.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Not “black folks”, as that is too broad. Let me be more specific: ADOS, FBA, N*GGAS, AFRICAN AMERICANS WOULDNT LAST TWO WEEKS IN GHANA.

Your question, however, asks why. And the answer is because most of you are nothing but typical Americans(fat, ugly, lazy, spoiled). One day without your McDonald’s and steady internet and electricity and MOST of you will crumble.
ADOS, FBA, black americans, have been moving back to africa for the past 100 years you moron. Many of them are doing exceptional.

Speak for yourself and not an entire group of people you twat.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
You a poster with a fukking agenda in every got damn thread so your opinion of me is null and void.
Man fukk you. My only agenda is black unity you fukking clown.

You on the other hand do nothing but promote Tariq fukkboy Nasheed's agenda and other anti-african bullshyt. You do post an occasional funny thread but in general you're nothing but a mouthpiece for that moist nikka tariq.

no go back to twitter and continue monitoring Tariq's posts so you can post more of that drivel here later.

Idiot

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This. I'm not having this mentality that aims to keep us coddled and sheltered :aicmon: 400 years and everybody else got to travel, immigrate, create diasporas in foreign lands and muhfukkas try to talk US out of it. If YOU aren't interested fine, but we NEED people with that mentality in the 21st century.
Migrating from where you were born and where your family is from is HARD. The screening process for legal immigration results in the entrance of some of the most resourceful and ambitious people from a country into another country. Person is going to need those personal traits to adjust,adapt, thrive and contribute to the society and economy of the new country.
The people from the Western countries traveling to the developing world will need the same traits to adjust and thrive.

The difference I see is that the screening process into America culls the immigrants best suited to adapt .
In developing countries the adjustment and day to day living is what's going to cull the ones who can adapt from those who can't.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Man fukk you. My only agenda is black unity you fukking clown.

You on the other hand do nothing but promote Tariq fukkboy Nasheed's agenda and other anti-african bullshyt. You do post an occasional funny thread but in general you're nothing but a mouthpiece for that moist nikka tariq.

no go back to twitter and continue monitoring Tariq's posts so you can post more of that drivel here later.

Idiot

You don't know shyt about black unity. You another clown ass nikka judging people's blackness based off Coli post. And how convient you exclude all my pro black postings out your argument. Plus I mentor kids and help my people get job while you E-Militants want to condemn everyone.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
:mjgrin: so a breh actually did what alot of you pan-africans claim you're going to do some day and he told his experience and nikkas in here mad. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Dude that wrote the article seems to be Jamaican but nikkas in here talkin about FBA/ADOS. :wow:

299348_fpx.tif

some day you all will properly direct your pan-africanism lectures at the people that really need to hear it. And those people are not FBA/ADOS.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The poster is FBA, so anti-african propaganda is to be expected
nah, He just posted the article in a thread, he didn't write it.

It's good that the article was posted,so that people can weigh in on it from their own perspectives.

I personally think the writer of the article put out a hit piece based on regretting a move he made with wide eyed naivete.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:mjgrin: so a breh actually did what alot of you pan-africans claim you're going to do some day and he told his experience and nikkas in here mad. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Dude that wrote the article seems to be Jamaican but nikkas in here talkin about FBA/ADOS. :wow:

And all I did was just post the article .

:jbhmm: Think they will take up their beef to the actual author?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
nah, He just posted the article in a thread, he didn't write it.

It's good that the article was posted,so that people can weigh in on it from their own perspectives.

I personally think the writer of the article put out a hit piece based on regretting a move he made with wide eyed naivete.

That was the main reason I posted it. I never been to Ghana how would I know if it's accurate or not?

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the weakest, most pathetic, woe-is-me, sh*t I have read in a good minute. Stop feeling so f*cking sorry for yourself breh. Black people in this very thread have posted firsthand accounts from black people who actually are living the Ghana life. Now, just because those firsthand accounts from blacks WHO ACTUALLY LIVE THERE don’t fit the little Ghana back-to-Africa fantasy you built in your mind, you feel like you’re being “envied”(your words hated on)? “Boo hoo sniff sniff the meanies are destroying my warped and unrealistic perspective boo hoo sniff sniff stop hating on me”.. *chuckles ..hopeless.

Is it worst than the sht black people have dealt with with white supremacy in America? If black people want to leave America and live in Ghana then let them do it. People want black people to not embrace and celebrate black things. I'm happy to see black people come together and recognize our worth and say fck this racist ass country and embrace our own black homelands over America

yates

All Star
Daps
I been tried to wake the Coli up from this stupid ass “Ghana fantasy” slumber they’re in :snoop: YALL ARE NOT ABOUT THAT GHANA LIFE.

Still quoting this same article from years ago huh.:mjlol:

You're more likely to get killed by another African American in America than a Ghanaian in Ghana but keep reposting that shyt breh.

And as for the article, I don't mind it outside of the talking down on the locals.
This year of return got a lot of people romanticizing Ghana and forgetting it's still a developing nation with all the problems you'd expect to find in one. A tourist experience of a country is not a true experience and people seem to not understand that.

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The white supremacists would be on suicide watch if all black people went back to Africa and lived happily ever ever. I remember Tariq saying one time that the white supremacists hated to see Africans and African-Americas clicking up and joining forces and they definitely hated to see black Americans moving to Africa. They want us to look down on Africa and they want us to want to stay in racist ass bullsht America and deal with they lame asses instead of leaving they bytch asses here in America on suicide watch while we live it up in Africa. They why so many people was so mad to see us embracing Black Panther and Wakanda and Africa when BP came out. They was heated about that