What NFL players are going to want to live in freaking London!?

concise

Veteran
Daps
:childplease:

What a silly thread. There are a number of reasons why a team in London would never work - this is not one of them.

If it somehow happened, and players were getting paid NFL salaries to play in London, you'd have to be one of those "Murica! fukk yeah!" type simpletons to want to play in fukking Buffalo, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Green Bay than to play in London.

i know breh i'm just saying the London franchise ain't gonna be in sync with the other USA franchise and a lot of guys ain't gonna wanna live in a country that doesn't give a shyt about football.

:childplease: They'd still be getting NFL salaries, playing in the NFL, with a shot to play in the Super Bowl every year. NFL has the longest offseasons of all the major sports so they can spend their entire offseasons here in the States if they please.

Juanlostronin

Rookie
Daps
I kind of wondered what type of person would even go to an NFL Europe game except maybe Americans who are living over there.

There's a lot of fans of the NFL across Europe, London itself actually has an amateur league, which are mainly study abroad kids and random Europeans that got into the sport. they would get washed by any top tier high school team probably, but the love is there. Also since the games are so seldom and its so cheap to fly around Europe, you get a lot of fans from germany and such coming in on long weekends. They may not even go to the game, but the lead up days they have a big NFL event with meet and greets, media events - go have a beer in the park and listen to deion talk - shyt like that.

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It won't work anyway because the people that go to see the London games are from all over Europe.I know cos i have been to most of them.They all already support teams too,it's why you see all different teams jerseys at these games.It won't stick for that reason,among many,many other reasons.But to try downplay London as a city is ridiculous.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
:childplease:

What a silly thread. There are a number of reasons why a team in London would never work - this is not one of them.

If it somehow happened, and players were getting paid NFL salaries to play in London, you'd have to be one of those "Murica! fukk yeah!" type simpletons to want to play in fukking Buffalo, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Green Bay than to play in London.

:childplease: They'd still be getting NFL salaries, playing in the NFL, with a shot to play in the Super Bowl every year. NFL has the longest offseasons of all the major sports so they can spend their entire offseasons here in the States if they please.

You ask NFL players if they would rather play in London or in Alabama I guarantee you a majority of them would say Alabama. London is a great city but it's a not a football city and plus it would be easier to go to places like miami or New Orleans on your off days.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
There's a lot of fans of the NFL across Europe, London itself actually has an amateur league, which are mainly study abroad kids and random Europeans that got into the sport. they would get washed by any top tier high school team probably, but the love is there. Also since the games are so seldom and its so cheap to fly around Europe, you get a lot of fans from germany and such coming in on long weekends. They may not even go to the game, but the lead up days they have a big NFL event with meet and greets, media events - go have a beer in the park and listen to deion talk - shyt like that.

There are alot of people who grew up playing soccer in the US but don't know one give a dam about MLS. Thats how it's gonna be in Europe there might be some interest but it's never getting close to soccer over their.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
You ask NFL players if they would rather play in London or in Alabama I guarantee you a majority of them would say Alabama. London is a great city but it's a not a football city and plus it would be easier to go to places like miami or New Orleans on your off days.

Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Ibiza are very easy to get to from London on an off day.

Meh. Only NYC competes with London. Those other three are great. But the only city that can toe to toe with London in the US is NYC.
Oh I agree completely. London and NYC are neck and neck for me. The others are a step below.

Daps

You do realize that's irrelevant, right?

Even if your belief is correct, the question is if their distaste for London would cause them to leave the league or take substantially less to play stateside. The answer is, nah.

We're talking about London, not Baghdad

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Ibiza are very easy to get to from London on an off day.

Oh I agree completely. London and NYC are neck and neck for me. The others are a step below.

You looking at it from a tourist prospective breh I am looking at it from a football prospective. Guys just wanna be around familiar surroundings they gonna be nobodies over seas.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Who cares if London is not a football city? NY isn't a football city either.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
You do realize that's irrelevant, right?

Even if your belief is correct, the question is if their distaste for London would cause them to leave the league or take substantially less to play stateside. The answer is, nah.

We're talking about London, not Baghdad

Wrong alot of dudes would take paycuts to stay in the states. It's not that they hate London they just wanna be around places that give a dam about football. London ain't gonna be a hot free agent destination.