What NFL players are going to want to live in freaking London!?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
nba players do for canada
nhl players do for canada
mlb players do for canada
Going to/living in Canada which is closer to some US cities like Detroit or Buffalo than some other areas further away in the states is not the same as traveling/living in a country on the other side of the world. Stop it.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
they did when nfl europe was around
they do in nasty ass cdn cities for the cfl/nhl
they do in buffalo, greenbay

london is one of the best cities in the world they would.

Living on the other side of the globe in another country is completely different than living in Canada.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

It's a big city with a lot of things to do.
But your status as an NFL player over there wouldn't be on par with an EPL player.
And what west coast team is going to want to travel all the way to England for a game. That screws up your sleep schedule.
Plus, the stands are going to be half-packed. Why would a British person want to spend $300 for a ticket when they can go to see an EPL game for less? Look at the size of modern NFL stadiums. They have first level tickets which cost an arm and a leg. Then they have club or box seats that they sell to companies or rich folks. Then, you have second level and nose bleed seats. There's no way they can sustain ticket sales over there.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide

NFL europe was basically a developmental league. London is a good city but Football is to England what Soccer is to America/Canada. I don't think a franchise overseas is gonna work Canada and the USA are closer to each other and have similar interest in hockey/football and basketball. If I was a high draft prospect I would do everything in my power to avoid being drafting by a London franchise cuz I rather stay at home where the enthusiasm for the game is much higher and I'm closer to family/friends and the culture. Going to London for a weekend is one thing living in England for 5-6 months might be a culture shock for these young brothas. How many segments does ESPN, FOX and other US based sports services spend on Soccer daily? Do you think England sports services are gonna give two shyts about 1 NFL team in London. If the league puts a franchise there they gonna be MLS status ain't nobody gonna give a dam about them. And one last thing people in Europe/England are not gonna hope on the NFL bandwagon because of the ridiculous stoppage time. They so used to soccer being commercial free and the NFL is to capitalistic to cut down on commercials and stoppage time.

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Too many things OFF the field would kill having a team over there in London. Familes (where are the kids going to go to school at?), taxes, health insurance, currency, and not to mention the fatigue of that travel. At the very least, see if they can have one game a week over there, but not a team :camby:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
What owner is going to want to create a team in London. You have to have stadium financing. There's no way the London people are going to be okay with a tax increase to fund the stadium. :camby:
There are way more cities in the US that would beg to have an NFL team.
Then, you have the odd-number of teams aspect and what players are going to get traded or drafted to the new London team. That's like the NBA equivalent of getting drafted or traded to the Milwaukee Bucks.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Too many things OFF the field would kill having a team over there in London. Familes (where are the kids going to go to school at?), taxes, health insurance, currency, and not to mention the fatigue of that travel. At the very least, see if they can have one game a week over there, but not a team :camby:

They gotta factor in the media as well. What drives these sports leagues is media coverage and the Media coverage in England and in the USA are completely different. ESPN ain't gonna spend much time on the London franchise unless their winning left and right and the media over there isn't gonna care either.

Juanlostronin

Rookie
Daps
Going to London for a weekend is one thing living in England for 5-6 months might be a culture shock for these young brothas.

A team in London won't work for the obvious reasons, but you'd be surprised about this. Lots of postcodes in London that are pretty similar to neighborhoods in America, just with a different flair. Its not like everyone there is a white dude with a monocle talking about the colonies

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
NFL europe was basically a developmental league. London is a good city but Football is to England what Soccer is to America/Canada. I don't think a franchise overseas is gonna work Canada and the USA are closer to each other and have similar interest in hockey/football and basketball. If I was a high draft prospect I would do everything in my power to avoid being drafting by a London franchise cuz I rather stay at home where the enthusiasm for the game is much higher and I'm closer to family/friends and the culture. Going to London for a weekend is one thing living in England for 5-6 months might be a culture shock for these young brothas. How many segments does ESPN, FOX and other US based sports services spend on Soccer daily? Do you think England sports services are gonna give two shyts about 1 NFL team in London. If the league puts a franchise there they gonna be MLS status ain't nobody gonna give a dam about them. And one last thing people in Europe/England are not gonna hope on the NFL bandwagon because of the ridiculous stoppage time. They so used to soccer being commercial free and the NFL is to capitalistic to cut down on commercials and stoppage time.
I kind of wondered what type of person would even go to an NFL Europe game except maybe Americans who are living over there.
The champion of NFL Europe season was a "who cares" kind of thing, much like the WNBA.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
A team in London won't work for the obvious reasons, but you'd be surprised about this. Lots of postcodes in London that are pretty similar to neighborhoods in America, just with a different flair. Its not like everyone there is a white dude with a monocle talking about the colonies

i know breh i'm just saying the London franchises ain't gonna be in sync with the other USA franchise and a lot of guys ain't gonna wanna live in a country that doesn't give a shyt about football.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
I kind of wondered what type of person would even go to an NFL Europe game except maybe Americans who are living over there.
The champion of NFL Europe season was a "who cares" kind of thing, much like the WNBA.

Tell that to Goodell this nikka think people are gonna drop soccer on a dime and flock to Football games over their.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Give me London over almost all NFL cities. Only ones that can compete are NYC, Miami, SF, and Chicago.

Better night life, food, entertainment, culture, women. It rains yeah, but so does the Northern half of the league.
Meh. Only NYC competes with London. Those other three are great. But the only city that can toe to toe with London in the US is NYC.