What Makes Trevor Lawrence The Clear Cut #1 Overall Pick?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Breh needs to do yoga or something.

He seemed far more athletic at Georgia. Now he seems as rigid as Dak.

It's weird cuz dude ran a 4.4 40 a few days ago so obviously the athleticism is there, he just doesn't show his athleticism in game. He doesn't display that internal clock like Lamar, Russ, hell even Trevor. If it's not a designed run he's practically a stiff robot

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It's weird cuz dude ran a 4.4 40 a few days ago so obviously the athleticism is there, he just doesn't show his athleticism in game. He doesn't display that internal clock like Lamar, Russ, hell even Trevor. If it's not a designed run he's practically a stiff robot
His biggest problem has a player is that he’s greedy and over confident. He is always looking for the long ball. Which is a staple in that Ohio st offense from what I’ve read. That’s why he doesn’t run as much as he should and why he be holding the ball too long at times. But that can be coached up.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

We were using him as a glorified running back that’s why. I really think he got to OSU and was trying to prove he was more than a runner. And somehow during this draft process I’ve heard multiple analyst just label him an athlete

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I know he balled out against Bama, but man I swear it seemed like those Clemson wrs were just making spectacular catches all game.
Unfortunately people don’t remember the WRs years later, but for the most part, he was throwing to either open guys or dudes who was making 50/50 look 80/20. Ross and Higgins both came out that game with first round expectations

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

I know this been your narrative for a minute, but to provide a counter for that and the other poster, it’s way easier to do these open field moves and put your all into running, when that’s all you’re trying to do. He might’ve thrown at Georgia 7 times in all...bro was an RB for them.

I think he has a relatively slow clock, and to help not go haywire, he probably only thinks “run forward, get down and let’s get on to the next play”. I choose to take this side bc I’ve watched Bo Nix, who’s the exact same way. There’s been tons of moments where I wonder why he wouldn’t try an open field juke, or try to cut back in to where his blockers are...his mental process is simply so linear that he doesn’t think to

Fields is also a way better decision maker passing than a Lamar or some of his DT QB peers, so there’s the trade off