What makes the "hood" so fascinating to people?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I find that most people not from the "hood" always seem to put the "hood" and the people from it on a pedastal/are fascinated with them/it..........espcially when they are younger (middle school/high school age)...........

why is this?

typically these people turn into the most outspoken "hood" bashers when they get older.......(20's and up)

again, why is this?

Speak on it

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Suburban ppl liked the fact that they could come to the hood and visit their hood cousins, enjoy the hoodlife but go back to their safe and happy 2 parent middle class homes at night :manny:

I was born and raised in the hood and my cousins loved coming to my crib just so they could say they be around hood mfs all day back when we were teens. Now that all of us are grown, (i no longer stay in the hood) they all bash the hood and talk down on the people that remain in the hood :snoop:

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I find that most people not from the "hood" always seem to put the "hood" and the people from it on a pedastal/are fascinated with them/it..........espcially when they are younger (middle school/high school age)...........

why is this?

typically these people turn into the most outspoken "hood" bashers when they get older.......(20's and up)

again, why is this?

Speak on it

because they turn on spike tv and see GANGLAND, they turn on HBO and see the wire or go to the movies and see menace to society..but when shyt goes down in the hood when they in it and they realize it's not what hollywood showed them that gangs and thugs and hood bytches only act a certain way towards other gang members and trifiling hoez and they caught in the middle of it.. they realize the hood ain't really what hollywood showed them..

If i'm out of town and white and black kids see my california plates they come up to me u from cali, i love california and you guys gangsta styles.. I honestly shake my head and walk away like these young kids have no idea what that blue or red flag they wearing really means.. I'm not a gang member and never was but i understand all the do's and dot's of the hood of california gang life .

i actually have people tell me about there kids being murdered trying to live that gangsta lifestyle they never lived before..

shyt's like MALIBU MOST WANTED without the jokes

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I dont see why it is so celebrated. If you are from there and made it out the hood then fine I applaud your accomplishment but stop celebrating the shyt like it's THE place to be.

I remember asking my homeboy to take me to one of these "hood clubs" he be talking about. Homie took me to this club in Atlanta called "CENTRAL STATION". I swear Ive never seen such fukkery in my live :snoop:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
my moms told me this when I was younger'

"if you aint from the hood dont ask about the hood cuz you cant understand the hood if u aint from the hood"

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Living in the suburbs>>>>The hood

The hood is glorified by people who never lived in it or are ignorant as fukk

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
i actually have people tell me about there kids being murdered trying to live that gangsta lifestyle they never lived before..

shyt's like MALIBU MOST WANTED without the jokes

Yup my moms told me a story about this mother she knew. My moms used to date one of her sons. By the time I was in elementary school, him and both of his brothers were dead, despite growing up in a good home, tryna live that gang life.

This was early 90s LA bangin:ohlawd:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Yea, but what is it exactly about the "hood" that people think is cool?

Thats what im tryin to pinpoint...........

we all know that alot of people who arent from the environment gravitate towards it.....but why?

there are plenty of people on this website who can answer this question in a personal way...........its just if nikkas are going to be honest about sharing their feelings or not

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood.

tumblr_mkeh0vB7f21qbtzbno1_500.gif

:cube:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
how many dogs have you killed today you fukking piece of shyt?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Yea, but what is it exactly about the "hood" that people think is cool?

Thats what im tryin to pinpoint...........

we all know that alot of people who arent from the environment gravitate towards it.....but why?

there are plenty of people on this website who can answer this question in a personal way...........its just if nikkas are going to be honest about sharing their feelings or not

Its the lawlessness breh.

You got nikkas growing up in boring ass communities, where nikkas have curfews and shyt. You HAVE to cut the grass. You HAVE to follow the rules.
No action happens, and you can go days without seeing people outside.

Then you got a place, where, not only is it inside the city, but nikkas who are your age are all out there doing them. Wearing their clothes how they want, staying out when they want, throwing shyt at police cars while they drive by, smoking in front of cops etc...

Its basically what every kid wants, which is being able to live with no rules or consequences.

However, the only flaw is that, there are consequences, and they know that too, its just that kids dont think about that.

Thats why most people usually grow out of it.