What makes for a dope comic book movie?

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
How well they allow me to suspend my disbelief without sucking all the fun ad fantasy out of it.
Like the tone has to match up with what they're trying to do,they also have to follow their own logic and rules consistently even if it wouldn't make any sense in the real world
and of course fight scenes are ALWAYS gonna put butts in chairs:yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Whereas I'd say dark knight is the best one of the modern age and it had a great villain. But again, thats why the question was what makes a good one to YOU so I respect your opinion breh. It's all about what affects you

Batman is bad, Two Face is rushed......Heath Ledger's "Joker" is really the only thing rewatchable about that movie. At the same time Heath's scenes are some of the best ever as well so it makes up for it. Far too much exposition in Nolan's films as well.

Truth be told, Batman Begins is probably his "best Batman film". The Dark Knight is just more memorable because we got one of the best villain performances ever.

Yea I went there. :ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
you would rather have a strong villain than a strong hero?

People may hate....I admit that its not as well written....but this is why I enjoy Burton's Batman films so much. NO they arent as "quality of film" as Nolan's. I'm just talking in terms of movies I can rewatch over again. I like movies where the hero is just as cool as the villain. Batman was just inferior those last two Nolan movies.

I want a strong villain that brings out the best in the hero.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Batman is bad, Two Face is rushed......Heath Ledger's "Joker" is really the only thing rewatchable about that movie. At the same time Heath's scenes are some of the best ever as well so it makes up for it. Far too much exposition in Nolan's films as well.

Truth be told, Batman Begins is probably his "best Batman film". The Dark Knight is just more memorable because we got one of the best villain performances ever.

Yea I went there. :ehh:

I don't think batman is bad at all but yeah i don't want to re-litigate dark knight or the whole nolan thing at this point lol..im strictly asking for what you cats think makes a dope one

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Batman gets "dwarfed" in the movies because by the sheer nature of his villains, he's the straight man. That doesn't mean he's a weak character or not a strong hero, it means that in a world of big characters like joker and bane and two face and riddler, etc, batman is going to seem dwarfed because he's not as big. It doesn't mean that there aren't interesting things going on with him, and there were very interesting things going on with him in Nolan's trilogy and even batman forever. But just the sheer nature of putting up a guy as serious and stern as batman up against someone as wild and big as the joker, of course the joker is going to seem like the bigger star because he's can do more with it and go to more places

i dunno i guess we just see things differently. i don't see how any of batman's villains are bigger than BATMAN.

imo no one should be bigger than batman. he's the draw. he's the movie. he's the character we're there to see. there's no reason that he should keep falling into the background like this. he's too strong, too fun of a character. how the hell does batman get dwarfed in a fukkin batman movie. it's ridiculous.

steve rogers was the straight man in his movie too, i didn't see him fall into the background. i saw a character that stood above the rest of the movie like our main hero is supposed to. the best thing about the captain america movie was captain america.

imagine a batman movie where the best thing about it is batman.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i dunno i guess we just see things differently. i don't see how any of batman's villains are bigger than BATMAN.

imo no one should be bigger than batman. he's the draw. he's the movie. he's the character we're there to see. there's no reason that he should keep falling into the background like this. he's too strong, to fun of a character. how the hell does batman get dwarfed in a fukkin batman movie. it's ridiculous.

steve rogers was the straight man in his movie too, i didn't see him fall into the background. i saw a character that stood above the rest of the movie like our main hero is supposed to. the best thing about the captain america movie was captain america.

Breh by bigger than batman, i mean they're more colorful and can be played bigger. I'm talking acting at this point and of course just personality. Joker has a larger than life personality, much more than batman. Batman is an internal character, everything is below the surface, minus that whole "lets get nuts" scene Keaton did in batman. But you got a guy who's all about will power, determination, strength, and focus, and a quiet rage and intense focus compared to a clown, an arms dealer who looks like a penguin, a guy with half of his face burned with split personalities or a guy who dresses up in a top hat with a cane and all in green. They are more theatrical characters therefore they can be played bigger by an actor.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Breh by bigger than batman, i mean they're more colorful and can be played bigger. I'm talking acting at this point and of course just personality. Joker has a larger than life personality, much more than batman. Batman is an internal character, everything is below the surface, minus that whole "lets get nuts" scene Keaton did in batman. But you got a guy who's all about will power, determination, strength, and focus, and a quiet rage and intense focus compared to a clown, an arms dealer who looks like a penguin, a guy with half of his face burned with split personalities or a guy who dresses up in a top hat with a cane and all in green. They are more theatrical characters therefore they can be played bigger by an actor.

does mark hammil steal the show from kevin conroy?

do you ever wish during an episode of TAS that there were less batman?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
does mark hammil steal the show from kevin conroy?

do you ever wish during an episode of TAS that there were less batman?

Lol often breh he does but again thats my opinion. You're asking me questions like these things have straight forward answers when it all comes down to opinion. There are times when Mark Hamil does outshine Conroy and its not because Conroy is doing a terrible job at all but because Hamil is able to go to more places and do things like tell people he's more afraid of the IRS than batman or just that maniacal laugh he did at the end of mask of the phantasm.

And I didn't wish for less batman in anything I've ever seen of batman breh so just because dark knight didn't work for you doesn't mean it didn't work for me. If you felt like you wanted less batman in it, that's on you, I can't speak for you, I'm speaking for me and even though Joker is the showier part, to me, batman was still the heart of the movie with his struggle and his journey and ultimately the decisions he made at the end of the movie all represent an arc. This is why I asked what makes a dope comic book to YOU. These aren't hardened rules, these aren't the 10 commandments being passed down from on high, it's just what personal things do you like and what do you respond to. I even said that while I disagree with you about winter soldier being the best one of the modern area, I respect your opinion on it and I feel you. I know how you feel about dark knight breh, you've stated it before, i know you prefer batman forever lol, you've stated it before and that's no diss, that's me saying I get it, I respect it and I feel where you're coming from.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And I didn't wish for less batman in anything I've ever seen of batman breh so just because dark knight didn't work for you doesn't mean it didn't work for me. If you felt like you wanted less batman in it, that's on you, I can't speak for you, I'm speaking for me and even though Joker is the showier part, to me, batman was still the heart of the movie with his struggle and his journey and ultimately the decisions he made at the end of the movie all represent an arc.

why you lyin to yourself marty.

you're tellin me you didn't like the joker scenes better? :comeon:

your favorite things from that movie don't involve the joker?:comeon:

i take it you don't watch scarface for tony montana either? :comeon:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
why you lyin to yourself marty.

you're tellin me you didn't like the joker scenes better? :comeon:

your favorite things from that movie don't involve the joker?:comeon:

i take it you don't watch scarface for tony montana either? :comeon:

:deadrose: now you're telling me what I think now. Breh, like I said, to ME, dark knight worked. I felt batman was just a strong a hero as joker was a villain. If you don't think so, cool breh, I'm not here to tell you you're wrong since that's not the point. The point is for you to simply say what works for you in a comic book flick. That's it. I'm telling you what worked for me and you're giving me the damn spanish inquisition

giphy.gif

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

imo no one should be bigger than batman. he's the draw. he's the movie. he's the character we're there to see. there's no reason that he should keep falling into the background like this. he's too strong, too fun of a character. how the hell does batman get dwarfed in a fukkin batman movie. it's ridiculous.

that's mainly because capt. america's villains, aside winter solider, are one dimensional megalomaniacs. the majority of batman's characters are like him....complicated, which imo makes for a better story than super hero trying to save the world from some crazy dude that wants to rule the world.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that's mainly because capt. america's villains, aside winter solider, are one dimensional megalomaniacs. the majority of batman's characters are like him....complicated, which imo makes for a better story than super hero trying to save the world from some crazy dude that wants to rule the world.

tumblr_lj32tcIFDY1qccyc5o1_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
NYC

:ehh: that's a fair point.

but the villains shouldn't overshadow the hero either. batman is a strong enough character that he should be able to stand against anybody.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ehh: that's a fair point.

but the villains shouldn't overshadow the hero either. batman is a strong enough character that he should be able to stand against anybody.

Sigh..breh if you felt he got overshadowed, cool but that doesn't mean everyone feels that way..and fair point, i made the same damn point and you started putting me on the torture rack and asking me to convert to catholicism :deadrose: