What makes for a dope comic book movie?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like a believable great villain that warrants the need for the hero where the stakes are high and real consequences are suffered.

Yeah that's one thing I really need. A villain to bring out the best in the hero or at least test them to see what their best really is

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i dunno if you NEED a great villain.

TWS was the best superhero movie of the modern age and i don't really think the villain was all that memorable. the threat is it what mattered and the stakes were still very high.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i dunno if you NEED a great villain.

TWS was the best superhero movie of the modern age and i don't really think the villain was all that memorable. the threat is it what mattered and the stakes were still very high.

Whereas I'd say dark knight is the best one of the modern age and it had a great villain. But again, thats why the question was what makes a good one to YOU so I respect your opinion breh. It's all about what affects you

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Whereas I'd say dark knight is the best one of the modern age and it had a great villain. But again, thats why the question was what makes a good one to YOU so I respect your opinion breh. It's all about what affects you

you would rather have a strong villain than a strong hero?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Well, when your hero's philosophy and purpose is as well known as someone like Batman's, it's almost all about the villain.

We know what Batman's about, we know where he draws the line, we know what he wants, so in that case, a stronger villain is probably the better of the two choices (if you can't have both be strong)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I want both and I feel like batman was just as strong of a hero as joker was a villain and in fact joker brought out the strength of batman. He tested him, he tested his will, tested how far he was willing to bend his morals and beliefs and affirmed a lot about him as a hero and as a man.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
come on guys batman gets dwarfed in those movies. regardless of what you thought about bale, surely you can admit that can't you?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have a simple checklist:

Good story
Enjoyable hero
Memorable bad guy
Good action scenes

I don't ask for much from my comic book flicks.:manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
come on guys batman gets dwarfed in those movies. regardless of what you thought about bale, surely you can admit that can't you?

Batman gets "dwarfed" in the movies because by the sheer nature of his villains, he's the straight man. That doesn't mean he's a weak character or not a strong hero, it means that in a world of big characters like joker and bane and two face and riddler, etc, batman is going to seem dwarfed because he's not as big. It doesn't mean that there aren't interesting things going on with him, and there were very interesting things going on with him in Nolan's trilogy and even batman forever. But just the sheer nature of putting up a guy as serious and stern as batman up against someone as wild and big as the joker, of course the joker is going to seem like the bigger star because he's can do more with it and go to more places

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i wanna see someone just troll the shyt out of a comic book movie lol
doesnt even matter the character
like the movie is great damn near the whole way through
great characters great casting great story badass villain and then towards the end shyt just gets ridiculous
zombies and shyt start poppin up
aliens
them weird ass shyts from that one Stephen King movie
just all out fukkery :lolbron:

leave the theater scratching your head like "what the fukk just happened?"
like that stupid ass movie with Cameron Diaz "The Box" :russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i wanna see someone just troll the shyt out of a comic book movie lol
doesnt even matter the character
like the movie is great damn near the whole way through
great characters great casting great story badass villain and then towards the end shyt just gets ridiculous
zombies and shyt start poppin up
aliens
them weird ass shyts from that one Stephen King movie
just all out fukkery :lolbron:

leave the theater scratching your head like "what the fukk just happened?"
like that stupid ass movie with Cameron Diaz "The Box" :russ:

Homie..if zombies showed up in a comic book flick, I'd give it a standing ovation on principle