What LA's city council scandal says about race and political power

Daps
I always hear nikkas say this and its the dumbest shyt ive ever seen. Knowing Spanish aint gon do shyt but let you know what they be saying behind your back.

They not hiring you even if you speak spanish plenty of people have noted this, if your not Latino you not getting hired at all, the bilingual requirements is their legal way to discriminate based on race.
this is 100%

Daps
He said as much!

Thing about it is that white part of Drake will let the real slip out when he get too emotional.

I’ll never forget how he said the only time he experienced racism was from black men in America. :mjpls:

Thing about that is in another interview he let the cat out of the bag and said the Jewish girls in his grade school didn’t treat him too nice because he “looked” different. But I guess THAT didn’t count.

A few black men in hiphop saw what the count was with this dude and tried to gatekeep the culture (as they should) and he’s never been able to let it go. But somehow he forgave those mean ol’ Jews who didn’t accept his half black ass. People saw what he was on from the beginning but was labeled as “haters” smh
I never even thought about this. But you're 100% correct

Daps
Idk it might be to late for some, you simply CANNOT TRUST THEM.

But to many Black folks are not going to get it until to late, and they look around and see Black poverty everywhere, suburbs and areas that used to be primarily Black now filled with Latinos and they not coming on no kumbaya shyt nah they want to take our communities over, and kick us out.

Tbh the only way to really combat this shyt is not make it comfortable for them to live around us, but how many nikkas you know gon do that?

Why do you think so many black people don't see this coming?

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps

This conversation was useless :francis:

“The common ground is white supremacy”. Why continue to use phrases or ideas that are conceptually only relevant to black ppl?

The idea of white supremacy has no relevance to Latin American culture or political thought. They collectively don’t view Spaniards in the same way black ppl view the British or white Americans.

She then followed it up with “Latinos want to be white adjacent so they aren’t discriminated against”

immigrants aren’t migrating to adopt the politics of another marginalized. So that point at its basis is irrelevant. Black Americans find the same issues amongst black immigrants and none of us would say someone from Nigeria is on a quest to be white adjacent lol. No it’s simple. If you don’t have to why would you take up someone else’s fight?

Just basic human nature. Not bad or good. Just realities of life.

Then you have a lawyer talking about achieving whiteness physically. This all has to do with physical appearances in relation to Anglo-Saxons. :snoop:

Whiteness as a concept in America. While physical appearances matter at its core it can also mean an adoption of AngloSaxon values in relation to who could join the gang.

This is similar in a way to Latin American casta system regarding classism ie “blackness depends on your wallet”

@Wig Twistin Season
you still won’t understand because like the clown you are you want a hood hand negro spiritual solution to a problem to an opponent that doesn’t share that history. So yes this convo is wack because you have no real solutions to the problem because you don’t understand the problem. Good luck but it’s over for you

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@Wig Twistin Season you still won’t understand because like the clown you are you want a hood hand negro spiritual solution to a problem to an opponent that doesn’t share that history. So yes this convo is wack because you have no real solutions to the problem because you don’t understand the problem. Good luck but it’s over for you
:mjpls:

Your opinions are sounding very anti-black. What is a “hood hand negro spiritual”?

:why:

It’s over for me? In particular or me as a black person? Stop being vague with your comments and say what you mean.

If you don’t or haven’t ever lived in Southern California why are you acting like an expert on race relations here? You talk in circles about your experiences abroad as if they relate directly to the issues being discussed in this thread and still won’t give specifics on how any of your circle talk proves your theories.

Y’all seeing and hearing this guy?

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
:mjpls:

Your opinions are sounding very anti-black. What is a “hood hand negro spiritual”?

:why:

It’s over for me? In particular or me as a black person? Stop being vague with your comments and say what you mean.

If you don’t or haven’t ever lived in Southern California why are you acting like an expert on race relations here? You talk in circles about your experiences abroad as if they relate directly to the issues being discussed in this thread and still won’t give specifics on how any of your circle talk proves your theories.

Y’all seeing and hearing this guy?

It’s over because the collective response to this are the same plays that allowed the community to be overrun in the first place. And voting for the same group of people who support policies detrimental to the survivability of said community. So in that context it’s over. It’s not much collectively that can be done because “the Democratic contemporary black political response” is to pray, hold hands and sing songs.

Where are these ppl migrating from? What politics and social histories are they bringing with them? How has that impacted you? How is it different from their native lands?

You live it but don’t understand it

And anti blackness would be voting in mass in support of policies that displace and disenfranchise your community with illegal immigrants. That’s anti-blackness. You’ve gone 44 years like this? :snoop:

You watched that video and saw the only person talking about “white supremacy” being the lone black person on the panel :heh:

Again they have no frame of reference to what you’re saying

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It’s over because the collective response to this are the same plays that allowed the community to be overrun in the first place. And voting for the same group of people who support policies detrimental to the survivability of said community. So in that context it’s over. It’s not much collectively that can be done because “the Democratic contemporary black political response” is to pray, hold hands and sing songs.

Where are these ppl migrating from? What politics and social histories are they bringing with them? How has that impacted you? How is it different from their native lands?

You live it but don’t understand it
Why do you make so many assumptions about what I understand? You’d be surprised to find out what and WHO I know, but that’s really none of your business.

You’re telling me, a person who lives here, and 4 people in that interview from LA that YOU know better and now you’ve exposed your true views. Noted. You’re a goofy know it all who never stood on the land but has all the answers.

:mjlol:

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
Why do you make so many assumptions about what I understand? You’d be surprised to find out what and WHO I know, but that’s really none of your business.

You’re telling me, a person who lives here, and 4 people in that interview from LA that YOU know better and now you’ve exposed your true views. Noted. You’re a goofy know it all who never stood on the land but has all the answers.

:mjlol:

This conversation is above you. You haven’t addressed none of my points because you can’t. The black political response in LA will be weak.

There will be no larger discussions about anti blackness in the Latino community as long as you have black democratic shills leading it.