What LA's city council scandal says about race and political power

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
basically we gotta start playing for keeps for real ^^ is right. We are the trampoline for others. Look at how Jack Harlow attached himself to Druski. Like how they used Blade to trampoline Ryan Reynolds. There’s countless more but you get it. Makes me think if Drake, is gonna be a trampoline for someone else when the powers that be say his run is over. Wayne and J Prince was his
I been saying for years that Drake really don't like black people and used us for culture the same ways cacs do:russ:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I heard the interview/read the transcript as well as the article that alluded to by the guest before I posted it here.

Anti-African-ness in social and legal history of Mexico is not a new topic.
I was trying to respond to both you and the other guy, while working and forgot you’re the OP of the thread. My point with those comments posted was their own people were calling them out for anti-blackness in response to a video going around IG where a black man talks about the African origins of some Hispanic foods.

If they will get anti-black over some damn Horchata, best believe they don’t want us involved in any political decisions that effect them. The overall sentiment in Southern California from Hispanics is that they don’t like, trust or want black people around them. I was showing how it’s in every level of the culture, from food to politics.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's because like everyone else they realize that black people are the world's most potent natural resource

What they leave out of the American dream is the meta game of using black people to elevate to wherever you're trying to go

Trying to make money? Post up in the hood, build a business and sell to black folks. They're the biggest consumers. They'll buy your weave, grease, swishas and stale Snickers. Save up and put your children through college

You want to be cool? Dress like this. Talk like this. Black folks will think you care about them if they think you're cool. Learn a few Boosie lyrics or something

I can go on and on but the point is black people are the shoes other groups put on to get to the promised land and we always catch onto the hustle when it's too late. Flip that status black folks have given you into something more lucrative and safe(how many musicians have done this:russ:)

We should've nipped that "black and brown" shyt 20 years ago NOW nikkas wanna combat it after they see Latinos have gotten sturdy in local politics nationwide. I'd hate to be as cryptic as saying we're too late but :francis:

And if you look real close, you'll realize the black caucus (black elected officials and pastors)and boule type blacks orchestrated all of this. Its so much money to be made if you're black, have some type of notoriety/following within politics. If you can get black people in mass to follow a agenda, they will pay you.

Daps
This is exactly what it is. It's always crazy when I see Black organizers trying to encourage the black/brown coalition. The only way Black people are going to see progress is uniting with each other. We gotta stop letting everyone use us for their come up.
Exactly. Black people should learn. History has shown us time and time again that immigrants use us as a stepping stool to proximity or acceptance into whiteness. This has happened EVERY single time. From Irish, Italians, Asians, and now Latinos. When are we going to GET THE fukkING PICTURE?

Daps
That's because like everyone else they realize that black people are the world's most potent natural resource

What they leave out of the American dream is the meta game of using black people to elevate to wherever you're trying to go

Trying to make money? Post up in the hood, build a business and sell to black folks. They're the biggest consumers. They'll buy your weave, grease, swishas and stale Snickers. Save up and put your children through college

You want to be cool? Dress like this. Talk like this. Black folks will think you care about them if they think you're cool. Learn a few Boosie lyrics or something

I can go on and on but the point is black people are the shoes other groups put on to get to the promised land and we always catch onto the hustle when it's too late. Flip that status black folks have given you into something more lucrative and safe(how many musicians have done this:russ:)

We should've nipped that "black and brown" shyt 20 years ago NOW nikkas wanna combat it after they see Latinos have gotten sturdy in local politics nationwide. I'd hate to be as cryptic as saying we're too late but :francis:

"
You want to be cool? Dress like this. Talk like this. Black folks will think you care about them if they think you're cool. Learn a few Boosie lyrics or something".

THis one annoys me the fukking most. Many Blacks are so easily unalarmed when non-blacks know some black lingo or fad.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
And if you look real close, you'll realize the black caucus (black elected officials and pastors)and boule type blacks orchestrated all of this. Its so much money to be made if you're black, have some type of notoriety/following within politics. If you can get black people in mass to follow a agenda, they will pay you.
right, there is no governing body or institutions that protects African/Black bodies or leverages against our mistreatment

we are very vulnerable

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
right, there is no governing body or institutions that protects African/Black bodies or leverages against our mistreatment

we are very vulnerable

Very vulnerable.. On this 27th anniversary of the million man march, we've fallen a long way.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I didn’t say that again read. I said they don’t care about black American racial politics because they don’t apply to them. :mjlol: We want them to fall in line with something they don’t understand nor ascribe to and have the numbers to dismiss it

You have poor reading comprehension. And I don’t need to flex anything. You started it and got little bro’d expeditiously. You sat through a class. Good for you. I lived it multiple countries. The origins of your experiences in SoCal. You went there and I ended it.

You still don’t understand it which is why you’re dumbfounded.

And of course you disagree with their status of whiteness. I explained exactly why. Y’all are waiting for something in past tense. Again good luck
I understand what you're saying. I have a question, because I've never been to California, do you think its a wrap for the black community in California?

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
I’ve said it before on this board. The miseducation of brehs when approaching Latin America is extrapolating American racial politics to that region.

Their casta system or racial classifications were completely different so all this “one boat stop, we’re all the same” only makes sense to liberal American Latinos. It’s makes zero sense to new arrivals. Now you might ask why their system matters is simple. They’ve brought it to the United States and employ it without hesitation.

Add that to latinadad which is a general code of supporting other Latinos at all costs has been adopted socially amongst American Latinos. It’s extending politically. One of the politicians they shytted on was Cuban. He broke code :francis:

What this means for black Americans? Nothing. It doesn’t matter. The transfer of whiteness is past tense. It’s not in the future. It already happened. There’s nothing to be done except to make sure your kids know Spanish in the future. They don’t carry the racial baggage/guilt of white Americans in relation to black Americans. They genuinely don’t care.
I always hear nikkas say this and its the dumbest shyt ive ever seen. Knowing Spanish aint gon do shyt but let you know what they be saying behind your back.

They not hiring you even if you speak spanish plenty of people have noted this, if your not Latino you not getting hired at all, the bilingual requirements is their legal way to discriminate based on race.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
I been saying for years that Drake really don't like black people and used us for culture the same ways cacs do:russ:

He said as much!

Thing about it is that white part of Drake will let the real slip out when he get too emotional.

I’ll never forget how he said the only time he experienced racism was from black men in America. :mjpls:

Thing about that is in another interview he let the cat out of the bag and said the Jewish girls in his grade school didn’t treat him too nice because he “looked” different. But I guess THAT didn’t count.

A few black men in hiphop saw what the count was with this dude and tried to gatekeep the culture (as they should) and he’s never been able to let it go. But somehow he forgave those mean ol’ Jews who didn’t accept his half black ass. People saw what he was on from the beginning but was labeled as “haters” smh

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
She's beating around the bush. Latinos see that they are the majority in these places so they want all the power. So a "black-brown" coalition is useless.
Many black people are not hip to this. Just like the other posters said, Latinos will bullshyt and party with black people but business-wise, job-wise, and resources wise, it's solely latino. Black people are not getting the memo. This is a microcosm of what's to come. Black people need to fukking wake up.
Idk it might be to late for some, you simply CANNOT TRUST THEM.

But to many Black folks are not going to get it until to late, and they look around and see Black poverty everywhere, suburbs and areas that used to be primarily Black now filled with Latinos and they not coming on no kumbaya shyt nah they want to take our communities over, and kick us out.

Tbh the only way to really combat this shyt is not make it comfortable for them to live around us, but how many nikkas you know gon do that?

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I understand what you're saying. I have a question, because I've never been to California, do you think its a wrap for the black community in California?

It’s a wrap for any community in their proximity. They will transform them overnight. Again they are an actual community in every sense of the word.

Grocery stores, banks, dentists, legal services, schools all in Spanish, all for Latinos. They don’t ever have to leave their enclaves. People ask how a decent amount can live in America so long and never learn English, and it’s simple because they don’t have to.

I always hear nikkas say this and its the dumbest shyt ive ever seen. Knowing Spanish aint gon do shyt but let you know what they be saying behind your back.

They not hiring you even if you speak spanish plenty of people have noted this, if your not Latino you not getting hired at all, the bilingual requirements is their legal way to discriminate based on race.

This gives your children a fighting chance. If you have school age children who aren’t in bilingual programs you’re failing as a parent. No other way about it. It’s neglectful and not setting your children up for success.

Yes I agree with your sentiments though but inaction isn’t the answer.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I gotta say that there are a few buck dancing negros on my FB that will talk about Immigration and LGBTQ issues but REAL quiet about this issue.

That’s because they are saving face. You’re not going to hear Democratic shills get up on any platform and acknowledge they’ve voted against their communities self interests for their entire lives. :francis:

This is a case of dying with the lie. The condemnation of those politicians is lip service at best. So what they were fired? There’s a caravan heading across the border right now and those same politicians are welcoming them with resources that could be used for citizens