What LA's city council scandal says about race and political power

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I didn’t miss anything my guy. I sat through classes that broke down the cast system that was brought from Spain. You’re not teaching me anything new. In your original response you said “they” don’t care about our blackness. You and I know that’s a LIE. The cast system that originated in Spain was a direct response to the Moors conquering that part of the world. It was brought to the Americas where at some point you could buy your way up the ladder. I think there were like 24 different terms based on your racial mix in that system. And Hispanics have not yet crossed the threshold to whiteness in California OR the US yet. So once again, what’s going on in LA scholarly breh?

You just wanted to jump in here and flex credentials, assuming you’re the most educated breh in the room, but you still have not answered the question.

I didn’t say that again read. I said they don’t care about black American racial politics because they don’t apply to them. :mjlol: We want them to fall in line with something they don’t understand nor ascribe to and have the numbers to dismiss it

You have poor reading comprehension. And I don’t need to flex anything. You started it and got little bro’d expeditiously. You sat through a class. Good for you. I lived it multiple countries. The origins of your experiences in SoCal. You went there and I ended it.

You still don’t understand it which is why you’re dumbfounded.

And of course you disagree with their status of whiteness. I explained exactly why. Y’all are waiting for something in past tense. Again good luck

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I didn’t say that again read. I said they don’t care about black American racial politics because they don’t apply to them. :mjlol: We want them to fall in line with something they don’t understand nor ascribe to and have the numbers to dismiss it

You have poor reading comprehension. And I don’t need to flex anything. You started it and got little bro’d expeditiously. You sat through a class. Good for you. I lived it multiple countries. The origins of your experiences in SoCal. You went there and I ended it.

You still don’t understand it which is why you’re dumbfounded.

And of course you disagree with their status of whiteness. I explained exactly why. Y’all are waiting for something in past tense. Again good luck
Little bro’d. nikka I’m 44 and have had more experiences than you. Save that sassy talk for your partner.

Negged for ho behavior.

Daps
She's beating around the bush. Latinos see that they are the majority in these places so they want all the power. So a "black-brown" coalition is useless.
Many black people are not hip to this. Just like the other posters said, Latinos will bullshyt and party with black people but business-wise, job-wise, and resources wise, it's solely latino. Black people are not getting the memo. This is a microcosm of what's to come. Black people need to fukking wake up.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
Little bro’d. nikka I’m 44 and have had more experiences than you. Save that sassy talk for your partner.

Negged for ho behavior.

you should neg yourself for being 44 and lacking reading comprehension. Everything I wrote was in plain English, and you misinterpreted and began flexing your soda machine credentials. Lol at 44 and bragging about traveling :heh:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I see plenty of you are here discussing this issue and the future ramifications as their population grows in different areas of the country. I have a question for some of you. Why should Black Americans support their immigration to this country? Why should we support DACA, Sanctuary Cities, Free illegal immigrant Health Coverage, or any other Federal and Local expenditures of our tax dollars in aid of them? Latinos are the main beneficiaries of those policies, and once they are on their feet they invariable turn around and practice their own forms of anti-Blackness in the communities they take over.

Why are we willing to harm our own to benefit them? For example, look at what happened to homeless citizens in NY when they kicked them out of the shelters to house the illegal immigrants who were bused there by the conservatives. Why in the world should we make our own citizens suffer more than they already are for people who came here illegally and will more than likely end up being our enemies?

SAVANAH HERNANDEZ REPORTS: Homeless getting kicked out of shelters to make room for illegal immigrants in Eric Adams' NYC​

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
you should neg yourself for being 44 and lacking reading comprehension. Everything I wrote was in plain English, and you misinterpreted and began flexing your soda machine credentials. Lol at 44 and bragging about traveling :heh:
I summed up what you said. No one suggested Hispanics care about black racial politics, they overall don’t fukk with BLACK PEOPLE. You can go back to your salsa 2 step trying to cape for them and explain nuance though. You’ll be ignored moving forward.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I see plenty of you are here discussing this issue and the future ramifications as their population grows in different areas of the country. I have a question for some of you. Why should Black Americans support their immigration to this country? Why should we support DACA, Sanctuary Cities, Free illegal immigrant Health Coverage, or any other Federal and Local expenditures of our tax dollars in aid of them? Latinos are the main beneficiaries of those policies, and once they are on their feet they invariable turn around and practice their own forms of anti-Blackness in the communities they take over.

Why are we willing to harm our own to benefit them? For example, look at what happened to homeless citizens in NY when they kicked them out of the shelters to house the illegal immigrants who were bused there by the conservatives. Why in the world should we make our own citizens suffer more than they already are for people who came here illegally and will more than likely end up being our enemies?

Black Americans shouldn’t. But black Americans have made the Democrats the only game in town. There will be case studies about the stranglehold over the community when there’s 100 black Americans left. It’s quite embarrassing to continuously vote for a group who has endangered you by allowing illegal immigrants to overrun your communities.

It’s insanity and there’s no saving it.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I summed up what you said. No one suggested Hispanics care about black racial politics, they overall don’t fukk with BLACK PEOPLE. You can go back to your salsa 2 step trying to cape for them and explain nuance though. You’ll be ignored moving forward.

This lack of nuance is why black Americans are here :francis: . Your pride won’t allow you to understand or learn now that you’ve been undressed. It didn’t have to be that way, but your ego like so many got in the way. Good luck but it won’t matter

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Looks like a lot of deflecting. blacks and mexicans can kick it together 24/7, but when its time to handle business, mexicans looking out for theirs exclusively. As it should be for all races. Somehow black people are stuck on looking out for others 1st.
There's 10 million people in l.a county. Ethno politics require more refinement, transparency and sharing

Daps

Black people are fukking stupid. We have been inviting a trojan horse in our midst.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Go try to open up a black owned business in a "liberal american latino" community. Or even try and get hired in a latino owned business. Where I live its not happening at all.. Maybe you can share some experiences where you live.

I got hired as a bartender at a Mexican joint back in the day. A good friend of mine used to work at a Mexican-owned tapas joint in Berkeley. It happens, particularly if you speak fluent Spanish.

That being said, I agree w/ your overall point. Outside of the barrio, Black businesses ain't popping up in latino enclaves like that. The only reason it happens in the barrio is because in a lot of cases around here, the barrio was Black before it was the barrio (i.e. EPA, West Berkeley, Deep East Oakland, etc).

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
She's beating around the bush. Latinos see that they are the majority in these places so they want all the power. So a "black-brown" coalition is useless.
Many black people are not hip to this. Just like the other posters said, Latinos will bullshyt and party with black people but business-wise, job-wise, and resources wise, it's solely latino. Black people are not getting the memo. This is a microcosm of what's to come. Black people need to fukking wake up.
This is exactly what it is. It's always crazy when I see Black organizers trying to encourage the black/brown coalition. The only way Black people are going to see progress is uniting with each other. We gotta stop letting everyone use us for their come up.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're with the blacks until they get what they want.. Thats how politics/business usually works. Im looking at how they move here in Chicago politics.. You can trust them, im not.
That's because like everyone else they realize that black people are the world's most potent natural resource

What they leave out of the American dream is the meta game of using black people to elevate to wherever you're trying to go

Trying to make money? Post up in the hood, build a business and sell to black folks. They're the biggest consumers. They'll buy your weave, grease, swishas and stale Snickers. Save up and put your children through college

You want to be cool? Dress like this. Talk like this. Black folks will think you care about them if they think you're cool. Learn a few Boosie lyrics or something

I can go on and on but the point is black people are the shoes other groups put on to get to the promised land and we always catch onto the hustle when it's too late. Flip that status black folks have given you into something more lucrative and safe(how many musicians have done this:russ:)

We should've nipped that "black and brown" shyt 20 years ago NOW nikkas wanna combat it after they see Latinos have gotten sturdy in local politics nationwide. I'd hate to be as cryptic as saying we're too late but :francis:

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
basically we gotta start playing for keeps for real

^^ is right. We are the trampoline for others.

Look at how Jack Harlow attached himself to Druski. Like how they used Blade to trampoline Ryan Reynolds. nikkas giving Popeyes and other companies FREE million dollars worth of advertisement. There’s countless more but you get it.

Makes me think if Drake, is gonna be a trampoline for someone else when the powers that be say his run is over. Wayne and J Prince was his

Last edited: