What it looked like switching from WCW Nitro to Monday Night Raw at the top of the hour during the Attitude Era.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Switching from Raw to Impact to see Orlando Jordan commit acts that would put him on Harlem’s do not allow entry list was a strange time:francis:

WWE was building for Shawn Michaels/Undertaker while Hulk Hogan was teaming with Abyss :snoop:

WWE was building for Cena/Batista while Hall/Nash/Syxx and The Nasty Boys were on Impact :snoop:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I remember watching the weekend recap shows Live Wire (Saturday I think) and Superstars (Sunday) :pachaha:

Livewire held a little breh down in 99/00. We had that hard bedtime at 10 during the school year when I was in second/third grade so i'd always have to sneak and keep the volume down real low to catch the second half of Raw. That's probably why I have stronger memories of Smackdown in that era since that ended at 10, while my best memories of Raw were the summertime.

When my parents upped the bedtime to 11 for 4th grade :wow:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I've always been a WWE fan first, but I stopped watching WWE after Hoegan turned heel and watched WCW only until the spring of 1997. I was a channel flipper until WrestleMania 14 and then never really looked back.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:dahell: bro...Lol. if u were watching RAW over nitro from 1996 through the early part of 1997...u lost.

but i used to try to watch both.

RAW was terrible during the Shawn Michaels title reign especially after that summer. I have little recollection of WWF during that time except for the Pillman gun angle and Shawn losing his smile.

Bret turning heel and shytting in America got me watching WWF again

Qman11687

Pro
Daps
shyt, thinking about PPVs costing $30 and not being able to convince your folks to do it. But then we got that black box, channel 67 :whew:

Being one of the only ones that could watch the PPV and recapping it for everyone the next day in class:blessed:

I remember telling people that Owen Hart died, cats were:damn:
I was ordering WWF, WCW, and ECW PPVs all in one month, I couldn’t wait to go to school just to tell what had happened.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
WWE was building for Shawn Michaels/Undertaker while Hulk Hogan was teaming with Abyss :snoop:

WWE was building for Cena/Batista while Hall/Nash/Syxx and The Nasty Boys were on Impact :snoop:
I don't think people talk about how much Hogan killed TNA's momentum enough, outside of the Hardy heel turn(which Jeff fukked up) and TNA ReAction nothing else good came from his time there. 2006-09 provided some of my favorite moments in wrestling, and a lot of them came from TNA.
:dahell: bro...Lol. if u were watching RAW over nitro from 1996 through the early part of 1997...u lost.

but i used to try to watch both.
Between 96 & 97 it was 80/20 WCW over WWF, but the real struggle was in 97/98 when you'd turn off the Truth Commission only to be met with a Glacier match.:mjcry:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I don't think people talk about how much Hogan killed TNA's momentum enough, outside of the Hardy heel turn(which Jeff fukked up) and TNA ReAction nothing else good came from his time there. 2006-09 provided some of my favorite moments in wrestling, and a lot of them came from TNA.

Man in 2009, Impact was probably my favorite wrestling show, Raw fell off with the guest host shyt and I couldn’t get SmackDown in my area but it was so good and then Hogan comes in and changes everything, I’ll never forgive him for that

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Man in 2009, Impact was probably my favorite wrestling show, Raw fell off with the guest host shyt and I couldn’t get SmackDown in my area but it was so good and then Hogan comes in and changes everything, I’ll never forgive him for that
The guest hosting was fun when the host was fun, but overall it was absolute shyt and 09 is one of the worst years ever for the WWE. The Main Event Mafia and Impact overall was just a good overall wrestling show. It reminded me a bit of the Heyman era of Smackdown. It's forever fukk Hogan for his racism and destroying TNA.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I was ordering WWF, WCW, and ECW PPVs all in one month, I couldn’t wait to go to school just to tell what had happened.
I was fortunate enough that my mom worked with a nice woman who had a black box. She would record the PPVs for me and even introduced me to WCW and ECW.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
RAW was terrible during the Shawn Michaels title reign especially after that summer. I have little recollection of WWF during that time except for the Pillman gun angle and Shawn losing his smile.

Bret turning heel and shytting in America got me watching WWF again

Bret wasn't even shyttin on 'Murica. He was foreshadowing this shyt hole country. He was right then:wow: