What it looked like switching from WCW Nitro to Monday Night Raw at the top of the hour during the Attitude Era.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
shyt, thinking about PPVs costing $30 and not being able to convince your folks to do it. But then we got that black box, channel 67 :whew:

Being one of the only ones that could watch the PPV and recapping it for everyone the next day in class:blessed:

I remember telling people that Owen Hart died, cats were:damn:

And if you could convince them, having to choose which one to buy. :sadcam:

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
I remember both WWF and WCW was coming to the LA area in 2000. I remember asking my mom if we could go …Guess who chose to go to WCW Thunder instead just so I can see my favorite wrestler sting get hit with a guitar by Jeff Jarrett :hhh: :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I remember both WWF and WCW was coming to the LA area in 2000. I remember asking my mom if we could go …Guess who chose to go to WCW Thunder instead just so I can see my favorite wrestler sting get hit with a guitar by Jeff Jarrett :hhh: :pachaha:
In Long Beach, right? That was a great night for me because I met a shytload of wrasslers in the parking lot. Crazy how most of them weren’t given private parking like the usual routine; dudes were just parked close to the arena with the fans. :pachaha:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
We went through this era without the benefit of social media/YouTube & streaming, which meant that if you missed a match or segment, you truly felt you had missed out. Nothing was more annoying than going to school or work the next day while everyone was hype talking about the big moment you didn't see. Your only hope was a 10 second rerun of the climax of the segment when the show returned from commercial, or a grainy, 30 second 140p video from WCW/WWF.com.

:dead:

The NWO would be in the ring and you knew Sting would end up involved somehow, while over on RAW, DX was about to have a promo when they returned from commercial and you knew The Rock or Austin were going to make their presence known during it. You had to choose between Rey vs Juvie vs Kidman for the Cruiserweight title or Jericho vs Benoit for the IC title. Watching wrestling back then was almost stressful.

What a time. :wow:

here in canada we got raw live but not nitro, had to wait for tuesday at 4pm for nitro :heh:

I remember having to read recaps on wrestlezone and ish

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
In Long Beach, right? That was a great night for me because I met a shytload of wrasslers in the parking lot. Crazy how most of them weren’t given private parking like the usual routine; dudes were just parked close to the arena with the fans. :pachaha:
Yeah exactly :mjlol: at the Long Beach sports arena. That’s cool. Who did you meet?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
“We understand Mick Foley, who wrestled here at one time as Cactus Jack, is going to win their world title. That’ll put a lot of butts in the seats”

:troll:

::everyone watching nitro changes channel to raw::

:mjlol:
WCW never recovered...worked themselves into a gotdamn shoot

shyt WCW was known for doing shyt like that even on their b shows.,..showing past footage of then top stars in WWE when they were in WCW getting treated on some jobber/jobber to the stars type shyt...i remember a random moment watching wcw saturday night they showed footage of lex luger pinning undertaker when he was mean mark after a clothesline...petty as fukk :heh:

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else out on the west coast watch Nitro from 5-7 and then catch Raw from 9-11? We never missed an episode of either out here :blessed:

• Dap
Reactions: 907