What it looked like switching from WCW Nitro to Monday Night Raw at the top of the hour during the Attitude Era.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
We praise the Monday Night Wars but in retrospect, it was stupid as fukk for Raw and Nitro to be on at the same exact time :unimpressed:

Nitro should have been on Tuesday or Wednesday night
Probably wouldn't have been that interesting and I seriously doubt wrestling would have had that explosion unless both companies were forced to innovate the way they were. Back then tv shows actually completed.

Alaskan
Daps
We had it good in Alaska, TNT aired nitro live at 4pm our time but Raw was on tape delay so it started at 7, so we were able to watch all of both shows, most weeks with 10+ friends and tons of weed being smoked the entire time. I was born in 82 so was the perfect age for the attitude era, good shyt that will never be replicated.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
FOH boy :camby:

Imagine not watching Goldberg take the title off Hogan cause you a dumbass :wow:
Imagine having to watch the demon, old ass terry funk, and that 70s guy Mike awesome just to get to the main event :mjlol:

I’m talking strictly 99-01

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nitro used to replay back to back so if you missed the 2nd hour, you could go back and watch after Raw was over

That shyt was CLUTCH for a young breh in the summer. Catch the first hour of Nitro, flip back and forth for the last two, and then hit up the replay of Nitro to see what all was missed.

That also speaks to how insane ratings were back then. The fact that at a time when TNT was probably at its peak, the best late night option for them was to replay a show that had just ended at most an hour or so earlier (if they aired some shyt like the Mortal Kombat show, or Robin Hood), not even edited for time. That's crazy.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I didn't start watching until 1999 and WCW had already fallen off by then. Only WCW programming I ever remember watching was an episode of Thunder when Ernest Miller was the GM or whatever, and then whatever Nitro in 2000 had the Tower of Doom cage match.