What is the worst career decision an actor has ever made?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
how was he a way better warmachine? Are you talking characterisation? Cuz I don't recall Rhodes being an effeminate sounding subservient manny. You must be talking aesthetics,what's wrong?Cheadle too dark for you? :beli:

:patrice: your hate against dude sounds personal mayne....:mjpls:

but :comeon: Terrence Howard made a better Warmachine than Mouse :manny:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think he does too just because he and Downey have a better chemistry.
You read comics I am guessing as a character (not a study in bromance) you think terrence was the better warmachine? :heh:I bet if the characterisation of the new panther is akin to peter parker y'all would be fine with that too

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You read comics I am guessing as a character (not a study in bromance) you think terrence was the better warmachine?

No cheadle is closer to the comics because he's tougher and more no nonsense but when it comes to the feeling of two guys who've been friends for a long time it's Howard so to me I go with him because the key aspect of a movie is believing what's on screen and I believe that relationship more than cheadle and Downey

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No cheadle is closer to the comics because he's tougher and more no nonsense but when it comes to the feeling of two guys who've been friends for a long time it's Howard so to me I go with him because the key aspect of a movie is believing what's on screen and I believe that relationship more than cheadle and Downey
so you would sacrifice a characters true essence for on screen chemistry, got it..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so you would sacrifice a characters true essence for on screen chemistry, got it..

No I'm saying that I need to believe and while cheadle is better that doesn't mean Howard wasn't close to Rhodes. He was close but cheadle is closer but the point of a movie is to believe the character and their relationships. Not everything is black and white breh where just because I think their relationship is better that I'd sacrifice "true essence" it's a lot more nuanced than that. Cheadle and Downey just don't seem like close friends or like two guys with a history and that's a valid complaint just like Howard's portrayal not being as close to the source's as cheadle's.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No I'm saying that I need to believe and while cheadle is better that doesn't mean Howard wasn't close to Rhodes. He was close but cheadle is closer but the point of a movie is to believe the character and their relationships. Not everything is black and white breh where just because I think their relationship is better that I'd sacrifice "true essence" it's a lot more nuanced than that. Cheadle and Downey just don't seem like close friends or like two guys with a history and that's a valid complaint just like Howard's portrayal not being as close to the source's as cheadle's.
its not a buddy movie, rhodes isnt on screen long enough for their lack of chemistry to be detrimental to the story, we just know of their history due to the comics :mjpls:ppl loved howard's portrayal because he played it like a was fine with his place as a backup singer.Wheras Cheadle is more like a disgruntled band member that wants to be put on..Downey fanboys dont like that , simple as

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
is not a buddy movie, rhodes isnt on screen long enough for their lack of chemistry to be detrimental to the story, we just know of their history due to the comics :mjpls:

I do and you do but the number of people who read iron man vs the number of people who buy tickets to see iron man breh? Come on now. You know damn well it's in favor of the latter. And for a lot of audiences this is their intro to that world. They don't give a damn about a comic book. How many People on this board say "I only watch movies or cartoons I'm not reading a comic"?

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Sam Worthington from Avatar and Terminator signing onto those Clash of The Titan movies.

He went from being pushed as the next big thing in Hollywood to being close to irrelevant within the span of a couple of years because of how shytty those movies were. :mjlol:

Luckily for him he's still guarunteed to eat off those Avatar sequels so if he finds a new agent and stays far away from the Clash of the Titans franchise there may still be hope for him.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I do and you do but the number of people who read iron man vs the number of people who buy tickets to see iron man breh? Come on now. You know damn well it's in favor of the latter. And for a lot of audiences this is their intro to that world. They don't give a damn about a comic book. How many People on this board say "I only watch movies or cartoons I'm not reading a comic"?
i know they dont read comics which is why the aspect of "on screen" chemistry due to the fact rhodes/stark are suppose to be long time friends is irrelevant

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i know they dont read comics which is why the aspect of "on screen" chemistry due to the fact rhodes/stark are suppose to be long time friends is irrelevant

I disagree. I think if I don't read comics and I'm told that these two are best friends then I need to see it and believe it. Especially In iron man 3. That's with any movie. I didn't go into Harry potter judging it based on the books I jusged it based on what's on screen. I listened to the how did this get made about street fighter and a couple hosts had no idea who was who and what was what and they'd never played the game meanwhile the people who played the game had no issue following it. The movie has to work on its own merits outside of the comic or video game or book