What is the worst career decision an actor has ever made?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
This has to be number 1

John Cusack and Matthew Broderick passing on Walter White

:mindblown:

HM:

Pam Anderson passing on Dana Scully

&

Katie Holmes passing up Buffy

:dead:

Leo could've won his first Oscar if he did "American Psycho" :mjcry:
Wait Katie Holmes was supposed to be Buffy? Wasn't that show running the same time period as Dawson's Creek?

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Wait Katie Holmes was supposed to be Buffy? Wasn't that show running the same time period as Dawson's Creek?

Yeah but Buffy aired a year before Dawson's Creek. I guess that's why they gave her the Dawson's Creek role though since they were on the same network

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This has to be number 1

John Cusack and Matthew Broderick passing on Walter White

:mindblown:

HM:

Pam Anderson passing on Dana Scully

&

Katie Holmes passing up Buffy

:dead:

Leo could've won his first Oscar if he did "American Psycho" :mjcry:

I guess Katie didn't want to dye her hair... I remember Whedon wanting a blonde for the role.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
mickey fukkin' rourke :beli:

by the early 90's, he retired from film to do the be a professional boxer only to then come back and have to do a bunch of shytty films because his boxin' career was over from injuries and he'd burned a lot of bridges in hollywood (not showin' up to film sets when he was suppose to be filmin' and havin' a bunch of his biker friends come to film sets with him and just hang around). he really burned a huge bridge in hollywood when he badmouthed big wig samuel goldwyn jr (who had produced a movie rourke was in back in 87')

he passed on a number of great films throughout his career when he was on top (the big chill, platoon, beverly hills cop, 48 hours, rain man etc) and when he first got a chance of a comeback (pulp ficton; imagine if he would've been in pulp fiction originally as planned instead of bruce williis) --- although he did eventually get a comeback with "the wrestler" but that came after a number of years of low budget, poor films

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
the-rock-the-tooth-fairy.jpg

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
if only he could take that L on the short term :heh: The funny part is that he was a way better WarMachine than Don Cheadle.

No surprise that Cheadle who replaced Howard is shorter than Downey Jr too
how was he a way better warmachine? Are you talking characterisation? Cuz I don't recall Rhodes being an effeminate sounding subservient manny. You must be talking aesthetics,what's wrong?Cheadle too dark for you? :beli:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think he meant the chemistry between the two was more palpable. RDJ and Howard felt like real friends compare to him and other buddy
they felt like a master and slave, Tony was like a rich frat boy running amok and terence's Rhodes was like the eye rolling manny running after him. At least Cheadle has a backbone, I think that is the real problem, Cheadle's rhodes isn't so subservient to everyone's favorite hero

Daps
mickey fukkin' rourke :beli:

by the early 90's, he retired from film to do the be a professional boxer only to then come back and have to do a bunch of shytty films because his boxin' career was over from injuries and he'd burned a lot of bridges in hollywood (not showin' up to film sets when he was suppose to be filmin' and havin' a bunch of his biker friends come to film sets with him and just hang around). he really burned a huge bridge in hollywood when he badmouthed big wig samuel goldwyn jr (who had produced a movie rourke was in back in 87')

he passed on a number of great films throughout his career when he was on top (the big chill, platoon, beverly hills cop, 48 hours, rain man etc) and when he first got a chance of a comeback (pulp ficton; imagine if he would've been in pulp fiction originally as planned instead of bruce williis) --- although he did eventually get a comeback with "the wrestler" but that came after a number of years of low budget, poor films

Yeah Mickey Rourke's career path is crazy to think about...what could have been...he also messed his face up. Dude had the IT factor and just went off the rails.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yeah Mickey Rourke's career path is crazy to think about...what could have been...he also messed his face up. Dude had the IT factor and just went off the rails.

yup, dude did a lot of bullshyttin' and foolish shyt back in the day

i thought after he came back with the wrestler that he'd be gettin' more scripts and movies that great. but with the exception of iron man 2, he's been a handful of low budget and crappy movies since then

he got a new movie comin' out this year titled "ashby" that he claimed is his best role yet, so i'm interested in seein' in

here he is talkin' bout it with seth meyers, right at the 3:05 mark

Daps
He didn't really turn it down, but one famous one is Tom Selleck was the choice to be Indiana Jones but the people doing Magnum PI wouldn't let him do it because of the contract.

I've always thought it was interesting that they wanted Pierce Brosnan for Bond and he couldn't get out of that Remmington Steele TV show and thought he'd missed his chance, but wound up replacing Dalton anyway. He said looking back, he wasn't ready for that role and it wound up working out.

Molly Ringwald turned down Pretty Woman. I'm not a fan of her or Roberts, but who knows what would have happened.

I also read Paul Giamatti turned down the Michael Scott role in The Office. I liked Carell in that, but PG doing that would have been interesting to see what that would even look like. I don't think that is really a mistake though.....

Some of the others I've read on this thread. The idea of Cusack or Broderick playing Walter White.....I just can't see it. Though I guess a lot of people would have thought that about Cranston....but I think it helped there weren't any well known names much in that show. A "name" would have killed it IMO. Cranston had Malcolm in the Middle, but he wasn't a household name like other tow.

And the idea of Pam Anderson play Scully just blows my mind...its like a bad Funny or Die skit like the one with the Downton Abbey chick as a cop with Michael Chiklis.