What is the worst career decision an actor has ever made?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Unfortunately some posters refuse to actually read the posts in context

Word :russ: it's not about him turning down a "slave" movie, it's about him turning down a role written for him to do by an acclaimed director and yet he chooses to do average or wack stuff in contrast. Let's put this in real context: He turns down the chance to do a movie with DiCaprio, Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Kerry Washington, Walton Googins, James Remar, Don Johnson and directed by Tarantino but did the very meh Men in Black 3, a cameo in Winter's Tale and the Shyamalan directed After Earth..yeah, turning down Django wasn't a bad move at all

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Word :russ: it's not about him turning down a "slave" movie, it's about him turning down a role written for him to do by an acclaimed director and yet he chooses to do average or wack stuff in contrast
TO some of these people, having a shyt ton of money is the only measure of success, so taking mediocre and safe roles with terrible directors is better than taking risks, working with great directors, and still making great money. Oh well.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
oh and then this nicca right here

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eric Balfour x3OThf5LFU3m.jpg

How is he still making Hollywood money with all the garbage shyt he's done

Sorry brehs.... Will cant be in EVERY gotdamn movie.... what is he supposed to be DANIEL BRYAN? Let other black actors cook and get movie money. Jamie did his thing in that movie and he needed it much more than Will.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It's a bad move because it's him passing up good movies by good directors and picks stuff like After Earth to be in or that cameo he made in that romance drama from last year as Satan
i doubt wil smith is losing sleep having not worked with tarintino, their was also more variables that made after earth more enticing, bigger payday and the chance to exercise his right to practice nepotism.Looking at the title of this thread again i chuckle at the notion wil smith not playing a slave at this juncture of his career is a mistake let alone the biggest ever made :why:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
i doubt wil smith is losing sleep having not worked with tarintino, their was also more variables that made after earth more enticing, bigger payday and the chance to exercise his right to practice nepotism.Looking at the title of this thread again i chuckle at the notion wil smith not playing a slave at this juncture of his career is a mistake let alone the biggest ever made :why:
Yea you clearly are not fit for reading comprehension at this level. Chuckle away, kid.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Word :russ: it's not about him turning down a "slave" movie, it's about him turning down a role written for him to do by an acclaimed director and yet he chooses to do average or wack stuff in contrast. Let's put this in real context: He turns down the chance to do a movie with DiCaprio, Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Kerry Washington, Walton Googins, James Remar, Don Johnson and directed by Tarantino but did the very meh Men in Black 3, a cameo in Winter's Tale and the Shyamalan directed After Earth..yeah, turning down Django wasn't a bad move at all
but how is that the worst decision ever made? that role wouldnt have made him more famous nor has not taking it dented his career.You are just slobbering over the opportunity because u would have loved to have seen dicaprio call will his pet ni%$er
Unfortunately some posters refuse to actually read the posts in context
:sas1:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

He probably isn't losing sleep but again he passed up the chance to be in another dope movie and picked trash in its place. That's twice now. This thread isn't about choices that caused for careers to end because a lot of these people we're saying all still have careers, some of them are thriving despite the fumbles but it's about the worst career decisions and in my book, homie turning down the matrix and Django are his two worst career decisions especially when I see what he did instead of them: Wild Wild West and after earth. Those are mistakes and luckily he's been able to survive in spite of it nor does he need the money or the notoriety. Hopefully Focus does well for him

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but how is that the worst decision ever made? that role wouldnt have made him more famous nor has not taking it dented his career.You are just sobbering over the oppurtunity because who would have loved to have seen dicaprio call will his pet ni%$er
:sas1:

No I would've loved to have seen one of my favorite actors be in a movie I'm interested in by one of my favorite directors and see him step outside of his comfort zone and challenge himself and make an interesting choice. Along with be in another academy award nominated flick. It's the main reason I'm excited about him being in suicide squad because it's different for him; it's not a typical will smith role and it shows he's trying to stretch and challenge himself as he gets older which is always a good thing. I like to see good actors do good work man, not wallow in doing the same old safe stuff they normally do. That gets boring

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He probably isn't losing sleep but again he passed up the chance to be in another dope movie and picked trash in its place. That's twice now. This thread isn't about choices that caused for careers to end because a lot of these people we're saying all still have careers, some of them are thriving despite the fumbles but it's about the worst career decisions and in my book, homie turning down the matrix and Django are his two worst career decisions especially when I see what he did instead of them: Wild Wild West and after earth. Those are mistakes and luckily he's been able to survive in spite of it nor does he need the money or the notoriety. Hopefully Focus does well for him
wiill is all about money and matrix was within a genre hes comfortable with, lookin at the bank that franchise made i will give you that, django? :patrice: but we'll agree to disagree