What is the worst career decision an actor has ever made?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No I would've loved to have seen one of my favorite actors be in a movie I'm interested in by one of my favorite directors and see him step outside of his comfort zone and challenge himself and make an interesting choice. Along with be in another academy award nominated flick. It's the main reason I'm excited about him being in suicide squad because it's different for him; it's not a typical will smith role and it shows he's trying to stretch and challenge himself as he gets older which is always a good thing. I like to see good actors do good work man, not wallow in doing the same old safe stuff they normally do. That gets boring
pursuit of happyness, 7 pounds, ali and in some ways i am legend were wil testing himself out side his comfortzone.He didnt get the oscar so now he off that and its just about making 20+ million a picture

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
wiill is all about money and matrix was within a genre hes comfortable with, lookin at the bank that franchise made i will give you that, django? :patrice: but we'll agree to disagree

But here's the thing: will has all the money n the world breh. He's at the point where he can do whatever he wants because the money is going to be there regardless. I understand why he didn't do the matrix: he couldn't figure it out didn't understand it and to me, that's fair. If you don't understand something don't do it cause you'll just mess it up. And if we talking about money, Django was a hit and would've been an even bigger hit with his name attached to it so the money was going to be there along with the prestige and believe me, will wants that Oscar

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
first it was "legit" now it's "major" now box office takings are being incorporated into the discussion. You are all over the map duke. Shadowboxer while being low budget was a legit starring role, if he had got an Oscar for his performance would the films budget or boxoffice numbers matter? Skew the course of the debate to fit my arguement brehs :mjcry:because you are basically writing off his career "nail in the coffin" you used which is absolute. If those movies came after and got him critical acclaim add to the fact he's still getting high profile supporting roles in ensembles how is his career done? Like I said his greatest crime is he didn't turn out to be denzel or will but his career is fine. Especially for an African American male pushing 50

Nobody's writing off his career. He clearly still has one and its clearly not the same after a string of poor decisions. What's so hard to understand about that?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
But here's the thing: will has all the money n the world breh. He's at the point where he can do whatever he wants because the money is going to be there regardless. I understand why he didn't do the matrix: he couldn't figure it out didn't understand it and to me, that's fair. If you don't understand something don't do it cause you'll just mess it up. And if we talking about money, Django was a hit and would've been an even bigger hit with his name attached to it so the money was going to be there along with the prestige and believe me, will wants that Oscar

The Django role was so bland I'm not shocked he said no

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
pursuit of happyness, 7 pounds, ali and in some ways i am legend were wil testing himself out side his comfortzone.He didnt get the oscar so now he off that and its just about making 20+ million a picture
Oh yea, sure, he stepped out of his comfort zone to play a guy yelling at himself and being chased by cgi zombies with a crappy PG-13 script, or 2 mushy, sappy dramas that were as unconvincing as your posts on this forum. Your argument is illogical; Will Smith is scared to take risks and work outside of his comfort zone and challenge himself. Just admit he likes to rake in the big bucks off of mediocre to terrible movies and just be done with it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Django role was so bland I'm not shocked he said no

His problem was it wasn't big enough for him. He wanted him to be the guy he was at the end of movie for the whole thing rather than ease into it which is the same problem Jamie had with it on set until Tarantino explained to him what he needed and it clicked for him.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Yea because his role in After Earth and every other movie he has done since Independence Day has been so much more juicier and exciting :babyhaha:

:cosbyfoh:Please.

Yeah, by far.
Django is the worst character in Tarantino movie for a long time

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Oh yea, sure, he stepped out of his comfort zone to play a guy yelling at himself and being chased by cgi zombies with a crappy PG-13 script, or 2 mushy, sappy dramas that were as unconvincing as your posts on this forum. t.
your ignorance and habit of playing contrarian to my viewpoint betrays you, I mention those films because those are the only films since he became made where he played a character rather than himself