What is the worst career decision an actor has ever made?

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Dominic West turned down a role in Game of Thrones when the show was first being cast. Don't know who he was supposed to play, but still :dahell:

Emily Blunt was the first choice for Black Widow in Iron Man 2/The Avengers, but she turned it down :snoop:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Will Smith passed on Django Unchained :snoop:
Yea this was a huge fail for Will. He has been typecasted as the sci-fi/safe PG-13 guy for so long; Django Unchained was Will's chance to break his typecasting, go against the grain, and do some controversial work. Jamie was great as Django, but I wanted Will in that role; He may have said that he felt it wasn't a starring role, but I believe that was an excuse and that Will is scared to do controversial work like killing a shytload of white folks in a black slavery western revenge flick...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
All I said was don't forget Radio.:what: You then said that wasn't the worst decision he made because Snow Dogs/Boat trip were before it. When I said he hasn't starred in a major movie since Boat trip you bring up two low budget bombs that didn't clear 1 million in combined box office and go off on some tangent about how his career is still in tact which has nothing to do with the op. Cuba hasn't had a starring role in a major studio movie since Radio.
first it was "legit" now it's "major" now box office takings are being incorporated into the discussion. You are all over the map duke. Shadowboxer while being low budget was a legit starring role, if he had got an Oscar for his performance would the films budget or boxoffice numbers matter? Skew the course of the debate to fit my arguement brehs :mjcry:
Even if you had a point, which you don't Dirty and Shadowboxer came after Snow Dogs/Boat Trip too, so what the f*ck are you talking about?
because you are basically writing off his career "nail in the coffin" you used which is absolute. If those movies came after and got him critical acclaim add to the fact he's still getting high profile supporting roles in ensembles how is his career done? Like I said his greatest crime is he didn't turn out to be denzel or will but his career is fine. Especially for an African American male pushing 50

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I heard......that Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty, Robert Redford, Ryan O'Neal and Dustin Hoffman were offered the role for Michael Corleone but they turned it down.

:whew:......Al Pacino was perfectly fit role for Michael Corleone.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea this was a huge fail for Will. He has been typecasted as the sci-fi/safe PG-13 guy for so long; Django Unchained was Will's chance to break his typecasting, go against the grain, and do some controversial work. Jamie was great as Django, but I wanted Will in that role; He may have said that he felt it wasn't a starring role, but I believe that was an excuse and that Will is scared to do controversial work like killing a shytload of white folks in a black slavery western revenge flick...

Exactly.

He's too p*ssy for real. Believe me, white folks/black folks would love go to see his movie, no matter what especially you have co-stars with Leo, Sam J, Christoph Waltz......man......that box office would do NUMBERS! on Christmas Day.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: John Travolta as Forrest Gump :mjlol:.....I don't see it.......that's why Tom Hanks is a great actor...

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Exactly.

He's too p*ssy for real. Believe me, white folks/black folks would love go to see his movie, no matter what especially you have co-stars with Leo, Sam J, Christoph Waltz......man......that box office would do NUMBERS! on Christmas Day.

Django was too "unsafe" for Wiil...he wants that Men in Black, and whatever alien movie or chasing white women movie he can get to fill seats. I've always said this about Will Smith: he's a talented actor, but he refuses to challenge himself and step out of his comfort zone. He never has except at the beginning of his career and he never returned.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Django was too "unsafe" for Wiil...he wants that Men in Black, and whatever alien movie or chasing white women movie he can get to fill seats. I've always said this about Will Smith: he's a talented actor, but he refuses to challenge himself and step out of his comfort zone. He never has except at the beginning of his career and he never returned.

Exactly. So f*ck him....That's why I lost respect for him.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO