What is the Reason for many people in the south being obese?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:aicmon: people in other regions don't drink soda?

stop making excuses for fat folks :scusthov: i live in one of the fattest areas(southeastern alabama) and its spot on

people up north dont drink soft drinks to the degree they do down here

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
these people drive to their mailbox. :snoop:
They stock up on processed foods b/c the stores are so far...

Forget fresh food. All winter, I cut and consumed lasagna + garlic bread + HUGE green salads (7+ different types of veggies per). All winter.

And what do i get for my trouble? I am headed to FL for spring break on Friday, and I am underweight again. D-X< <--- It is a problem. I should be a voluptuous size 4-6, NOT A SIZE 0-2 STICK FIGURE.

So fugg a fresh vegetable. I don't love those hoes.

--> aq out <--

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
stop making excuses for fat folks :scusthov: i live in one of the fattest areas(southeastern alabama) and its spot on

I don't even make excuses for myself so I definitely won't for anyone else but I'm not understanding how you know this as fact, I mean maybe you do idk.... Nvrmnd, let me let you nigg3rs carry on.:upsetfavre:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I think age is a factor in this as well... I have no facts on this, but whenever I go to Atlanta I always notice the abundance of old people. Old people have a higher chance of being overweight. Also, not a lot of dense cities so everything is spread out, and people drive everywhere... I think soda consumption is definitely higher down there as well.

You go to Cities like Seattle, and they literally have laws that do not allow a certain number of commercial fastfood joints to be in certain areas or within certain vicinities of eachother.

Coming from Minnesota, which is consistently ranked as the healthiest states in the nation, living in Seattle, and now Cali, I definitely notice eating habits in the south are a lot different than those places.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Everybody over the age of 32 in Alabama got at least 2 cases of soda in the corner of the kitchen floor..Factor in the sweet tea and Simply Raspberry Lemonade, you're easily ingesting 100 grams of sugar a day....

We still run sub 4.6s and benching more than the rest of the country tho...

Too bad diabetes and high blood pressure is typically in our future

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think age is a factor in this as well... I have no facts on this, but whenever I go to Atlanta I always notice the abundance of old people. Old people have a higher chance of being overweight. Also, not a lot of dense cities so everything is spread out, and people drive everywhere... I think soda consumption is definitely higher down there as well.

You go to Cities like Seattle, and they literally have laws that do not allow a certain number of commercial fastfood joints to be in certain areas or within certain vicinities of eachother.

Coming from Minnesota, which is consistently ranked as the healthiest states in the nation, living in Seattle, and now Cali, I definitely notice eating habits in the south are a lot different than those places.

When I was in Seattle, I sware to you I did not see a McDonalds or any fast food joint for like 10-15 miles at a time....And when I did see them, it was like an isolated one..In the south, you'll see one every 2-3 miles and it will be at least 3-4 of em grouped together

It was amazing..Lots of coffee shops though......

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
So you miss out on visiting your fan because of the foods THEY eat when I'm certain their are grocery stores close by where you can go buy food yourself? So you mean to tell me you can't break your diet for a few days because it will make you fat? Does that not sound irrational and pompous to you? Please shut your dark skinned a$$ up.

:ooh: an anonymous lame called me dark skinned and told me to shut up. I'm shaking in my boots. First, I am PROUD to be darkskinned. You could NEVER make me feel other wise. Also, who going to stop me from talking? YOU? :rudy:

Second, I was half joking. I wouldn't cancel a whole trip over groceries, but I was serious about them taking me to the store. After paying for unexpected repairs on my car JUST so that I could surprise them meant that if you still want me to make this trip you are going to help me out. So NO I wasn't going to make a 7 hour drive and pay for my own damn food (which I would have otherwise paid for if I didn't have to repair my car). I am a student now. I no longer have a salary. You want me to visit randomly during the semester then YES you are going to accommodate me (especially since I am the only one making trips). That type of stuff depletes your savings. Savings accounts aren't for random "I miss you/want to see you" trips.

Finally, kiss my EXTRA BLACK ass.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ooh: an anonymous lame called me dark skinned and told me to shut up. I'm shaking in my boots I am PROUD to be darkskinned. You could NEVER make me feel other wise. Also, who going to stop me from talking? YOU? :rudy:

Second, I was half joking. I wouldn't cancel a whole trip over groceries, but I was serious about them taking me to the store. After paying for unexpected repairs on my car JUST so that I could surprise them meant that if you still want me to make this trip you are going to help me out. So NO I wasn't going to make a 7 hour drive and pay for my own damn food (which I would have otherwise paid for if I didn't have to repair my car). I am a student now. I no longer have a salary. You want me to visit randomly during the semester then YES you are going to accommodate me (especially since I am the only one making trips). That type of stuff depletes your savings. Savings accounts are for random "I miss you/want to see you" trips.

@ 1980sCokeFlow Shots fired :stylin: handle this bruh

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ooh: an anonymous lame called me dark skinned and told me to shut up. I'm shaking in my boots I am PROUD to be darkskinned. You could NEVER make me feel other wise. Also, who going to stop me from talking? YOU? :rudy:

Second, I was half joking. I wouldn't cancel a whole trip over groceries, but I was serious about them taking me to the store. After paying for unexpected repairs on my car JUST so that I could surprise them meant that if you still want me to make this trip you are going to help me out. So NO I wasn't going to make a 7 hour drive and pay for my own damn food (which I would have otherwise paid for if I didn't have to repair my car). I am a student now. I no longer have a salary. You want me to visit randomly during the semester then YES you are going to accommodate me (especially since I am the only one making trips). That type of stuff depletes your savings. Savings accounts aren't for random "I miss you/want to see you" trips.

How far south you coming...Is it past the mason dixon line?