What is the exact PROOF that Lebron is a better "all-round" player than Jordan? Stats say otherwise

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Revisionist history is a funny thing, I vividly remember on twitter when the Heat beat the Celtics EVERYONE was saying they would get washed by OKC, now all of a sudden they were inexperienced and weren't ready :russ: the same OKC that had scoring champ KD, top 5 scorer that season in Westbrook, 6th MOTY in Harden and block leader Ibaka:russ: KD is my all time fav player and back then I was certain they would win especially seeing the Heat struggle with an old Celtics team.

You can’t call them inexperienced when the Warriors won their first trip to the finals after losing in the 1st round a year prior. OKC was in the WCF finals the year prior so they were defo next up :yeshrug:. You could make a case that on paper they were better than any team Jordan faced in the finals.

Last edited:

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
This is a guy who literally said a few hours ago that 80's Jordan had more skill in his left toe than fukking 2009 DWYANE WADE

He thinks dude is really God like he’s infinitely ahead of every one else that came after him literally

These mothafukkas need to be medicated straight up and the sad thing is this dude wasn't even of age to have seen Jordan play in the 80's in real time

:laff:
Media propaganda has got these folks thinking Jordan was Thanos of the NBA :mjlol: he's the GOAT but he's not far and away better than the likes of Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Magic & Kareem like these fanboys seem to believe

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
We’ve seen 17 yrs of Lebron and definitely top 5 ever. It’s time to let it go, he’s not greater than MJ. There will come a player in the future that naturally surpasses MJ in greatness without the forced media push, controlled narrative, and Stan delusion. We will know it when we see it:yeshrug:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
We’ve seen 17 yrs of Lebron and definitely top 5 ever. It’s time to let it go, he’s not greater than MJ. There will come a player in the future that naturally surpasses MJ in greatness without the forced media push, controlled narrative, and Stan delusion. We will know it when we see it:yeshrug:

The only problem with the statement you gave is the bolded, because it wrongfully, voluntarily insinuates that a media push, controlled narrative, and Stan delusion didn't exist to force-feed Michael Jordan as most people's GOAT...

It never ceases to amaze me that this forum excludes Michael Jordan when talking about controlled narrative, media push, and Stan delusion...

And this isn't to say that Mike on his own merits wasn't worthy of being in the discussion; obviously he is, but let's stop pretending his ascent into it, in popular opinion, didn't receive the biggest of controlled narratives any American athlete has ever had. Let's stop pretending there wasn't massive help in shaping the minds of basketball viewers...

When the guy comes along who will pass Mike in popular opinion, it will most likely be with time---->Mike retired for good 17 years ago and too many people are controlling the media who are his age and/or grew up on him. When those people phase out to the millenials to control the narratives, the narrative on Mike will likely turn Russell-esque, in that people will admire and respect his greatness, but it will get to a point where he played so long prior, that even "older" people didn't see him play in his heyday, so you'd have to somewhat separate him the way people kind of do Russell...

Already, most people under 35 today didn't see Mike before the last 3peat. Many of our parents (people Mike's age in the 55-65 age range) are still alive, still running these media productions, and still talking about Mike, and the people "in between", the 36-54 year olds, all grew up under Mike and Jordan Propaganda and have an affinity and vested interest to protect his legacy. Those older people will die out at some point the same way the people who saw Bill are mostly gone (and anybody still alive who saw Bill is at minimum 70 years old today, and 70+ year olds are mostly long retired from these media pushes and gave way 15-25 years ago to people of Mike's age to control the narrative)....

The 6-for-6 narrative will phase out even sooner, it's already begun to die. We've had some great, great, players since Jordan's '98 retirement, and not only could none of them reach 6 championships period, none of them could go more than 4 wins without losing (Duncan)...it's a different NBA, both now and the last 20 years as a whole. Nobody is going 6/6 ever again, the climate is just not set up to allow for it, we all know the reasons why and we can tap dance around it on here, but we all know why. Not going 6/6 doesn't diminish any player's legacy, with Mike the convo will turn into being in a very unique position to accomplish that feat, a unique situation that can never be replicated...

We may see a superstar win 6 again, but those guys will be rare; since Russell only Mike and Cap won that many rings. The same way we'll never see a guy win 11 like Bill again, ain't nobody going 6/6 again and we 'may' see a superstar win 6 total. The fact that most people won't will not diminish the greatness of legit superstars...

Its a different NBA. When more people are allowed/start to admit this, is when the narrative on Mike will be buried...

Last edited:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
The only problem with the statement you gave is the bolded, because it wrongfully, voluntarily insinuates that a media push, controlled narrative, and Stan delusion didn't exist to force-feed Michael Jordan as most people's GOAT...

It never ceases to amaze me that this forum excludes Michael Jordan when talking about controlled narrative, media push, and Stan delusion...

And this isn't to say that Mike on his own merits wasn't worthy of being in the discussion; obviously he is, but let's stop pretending his ascent into it, in popular opinion, didn't receive the biggest of controlled narratives any American athlete has ever had

this essay you typed disingenuous, especially when you had Bobby knight saying Jordan was the greatest ball player he ever saw after the ‘84 olympics.

And the media does the same thing with Lebron , there’s 100x more media In 2020 than there was in 1993. Espn stay dikkriding lebron and his stats. I stopped watching the jump cuz I don’t give a fukk about taco Tuesday and Lebrons opinion about the all star draft and his thoughts etc etc that they stay wasting time on.

I’m old enough to have witnessed Jordan’s bulls career and trust me I understand the media and marketing’s role on his stature ,but it applies to both. Lebron has benefited tremendously from that same media narrative. Cowherd,Nick Wright and sharpe on tv daily with their agendas influencing impressionable people. Jordan did not have that

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:banderas:
EYU2pfWXgAE_ddI

EY4Y0dZXkAAtwBe

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
OMG. He guarded David West & Tony Parker. two offensive juggernauts.
Are u a dumb ass?

Do you watch basketball? Tony Parker was an All-NBA Second Teamer in 2013. He was a 20/8 guy on 53% FG. Parker was an offensive juggernaut.

David West was a 17/8 guy he was a bruiser down low and had a wet midrange jumper he had been an All-Star in New Orleans.

West was also an alternate assignment he defended Paul George extensively through all their playoff battles.

Who the fukk did Michael guard? :mjlol:

You’re talking about a guy whose two main positional in conference rivals were Reggie Miller and John Starks. Who the fukk did he guard?

Where did this shytty ass account come from?

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Are u a dumb ass?

Do you watch basketball? Tony Parker was an All-NBA Second Teamer in 2013. He was a 20/8 guy on 53% FG.

David West was a 17/8 guy he was a bruiser down low and had a wet midrange jumper he had been an All-Star in New Orleans.

Who the fukk did Michael guard? :mjlol:

Where did this shytty ass account come from?

Lmao and Parker with the ball in his hands, at his peak, would give almost anybody that work, especially if its money time. I love how people on here shyt on Parker like he ain't arguably the most clutch point ever...

I'm taking Tony in the 4thQ over any PG I've ever seen with my own eyes, excluding nobody. Full season or other circumstances, other guys I'd take, but money time? I've never seen any point like him and the only guys I'd even consider would be Billups and Paul....

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

This is LeBron’s defense on KD in the 2012 Finals. I know the Jordan stans won’t even bother to watch it though.

Let’s just say Michael never got to defend an elite shooter and triple threat scorer full of youth and athleticism with this type of size like a young KD at any point in his career. The best guy he guarded his main positional rival Clyde Drexler is nowhere near KD from a ball skill perspective. A far worse ball handler and shooter.

A lot of people look at KD’s raw numbers and come to the conclusion that LeBron got worked. LeBron played excellent ball denial defense and post defense on KD, refused to help off him in dribble penetrations, and played his passing lanes well. KD had a much easier time against Battier (only missed 2 shots all series on him) and Wade. KD shot 13 of 30 (43%) overall on LeBron in isolations.

LeBron’s on-ball defense was critical down the stretch too since games 2, 3, 4 were decided by buckets.

LeBron also spent the last 6 minutes of game 3 guarding Russell Westbrook (Wade asked to switch to Thabo) and at times he was on Ibaka.

The question is who the fukk did Michael Jordan guard? LeBron went through the playoffs guarding Melo, Paul George, Pierce, Durant not to mention all the switches and alternate assignments on West, Garnett, Westbrook, Ibaka, etc. in 2012.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
this essay you typed disingenuous, especially when you had Bobby knight saying Jordan was the greatest ball player he ever saw after the ‘84 olympics.

And the media does the same thing with Lebron , there’s 100x more media In 2020 than there was in 1993. Espn stay dikkriding lebron and his stats. I stopped watching the jump cuz I don’t give a fukk about taco Tuesday and Lebrons opinion about the all star draft and his thoughts etc etc that they stay wasting time on.

I’m old enough to have witnessed Jordan’s bulls career and trust me I understand the media and marketing’s role on his stature ,but it applies to both. Lebron has benefited tremendously from that same media narrative. Cowherd,Nick Wright and sharpe on tv daily with their agendas influencing impressionable people. Jordan did not have that
Are you going to take the Jason Whitlock, Skip Bayless, Rob Parker types in the media into account as well?

Because it goes both ways the sports discourse and journalism today is trash no integrity in the shyt.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Are you going to take the Jason Whitlock, Skip Bayless, Rob Parker types in the media into account as well?

Because it goes both ways the sports discourse and journalism today is trash no integrity in the shyt.

Skip was the only dude who caped hard for Jordan that I saw & he covered the bulls for the Chicago tribune in 97-98. I honestly Don’t watch none of them anymore , so I wouldn’t know

but dude buggin thinking that media narrative only applied to mike. The biggest sports network out is 24-7 now and be doing the same for lebron

these cats on tv all day 5-6 days a week and got Twitter or the gram AND podcasts. There’s way more media today